Social Finding Heidi podcast

The Police are human, and make mistakes. Homicide investigation is high pressure work, mistakes always happen.
They say truth is stranger than fiction. The police have to make a logical argument based on bits and pieces of what actually happened.

Many times the killer acts illogically or randomly which is impossible for the police to fit neatly into a nice, consistent version of what happened.

Under pressure to find someone and ‘make the community safe again’ I think they get blinkers and desperate to make the case fit the criminal.

The latest revelation is the old guy fencing on that Parakiwai Quarry Road, near Whangamata, saw them driving about walking pace up the dead end road. That is recent and stunning news.
He did not see them come out. He thinks he was the last to see them alive.
Prior to that the last person thought to have seen them alive was the hairdresser in Thames.
The old guy described the vehicle, Tamihere and the Swedes correctly.
They did not seem to be under duress.
We will hear more about what Ryan Wolf has coming in the podcast.
What still has to be explained it how he got her to Crosbys Clearing north east of Thames. Assuming that was her with him at the clearing.
He definitely was at the clearing at some stage, he admitted he was, but that is a massive 5 hour hike from the end of the road from Thames.
By that stage he must have murdered the guy and left his body back at Whangamata.
He must have driven her, maybe in a state of shock or even tied up back to Thames, and then about a 5 hour hike to Crosby's Clearing.
My guess is her body is up near Thames.
This might all sound far fetched, but he was an experienced bushman, a very nasty controlling personality, and she might have been in shock.
I think The Police called an expert witness to testify to that possibility.

Is it plausible he went separately with the guy and killed him, but told Heidi he was still alive so she wouldn’t panic, and told her everything would be fine provided she remained calm and followed his instructions ….

I believe if she witnessed her fiancé getting murdered, there is absolutely no way she’s following him around and not distressed… she would be a miserable wreck

The latest revelation is the old guy fencing on that Parakiwai Quarry Road, near Whangamata, saw them driving about walking pace up the dead end road. That is recent and stunning news.
He did not see them come out. He thinks he was the last to see them alive.
Prior to that the last person thought to have seen them alive was the hairdresser in Thames.
The old guy described the vehicle, Tamihere and the Swedes correctly.
They did not seem to be under duress.
We will hear more about what Ryan Wolf has coming in the podcast.
What still has to be explained it how he got her to Crosbys Clearing north east of Thames. Assuming that was her with him at the clearing.
He definitely was at the clearing at some stage, he admitted he was, but that is a massive 5 hour hike from the end of the road from Thames.
By that stage he must have murdered the guy and left his body back at Whangamata.
He must have driven her, maybe in a state of shock or even tied up back to Thames, and then about a 5 hour hike to Crosby's Clearing.
My guess is her body is up near Thames.
This might all sound far fetched, but he was an experienced bushman, a very nasty controlling personality, and she might have been in shock.
I think The Police called an expert witness to testify to that possibility.
Plenty more to come Bruce…

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet.

Are you implying it was more than one person?

I wouldn’t rule that out but even if that’s the case Tamahere was tied into it and got what he deserved.
The problem with convicting the wrong bad man is you leave a killer on the loose. When someone gets away with it they will go on to cause a lot more harm to women in other places after they learn from that exercise.

Last edited:
The problem with convicting the wrong bad man is you leave a killer on the loose. When someone gets away with it they will go on to cause a lot more harm to women in other places after they learn from that exercise.

While our police framed Teina Pora, Malcom Rewa the serial rapist/killer went on to destroy lives and become this countries worst ever.

As I explained in the case of Travis Burns, the cops helped Travis frame someone else which allowed Travis to go on and murder another.

There are other cases. Our track record is very poor given these high profile killers are a very small pool of serial killers that our strike out rate for is rotten, especially given the population.

The Police need to be held to account. I got held to account in my work, everyone is accountable.

The police tried to pin a Murder on me.

The real killer Owen, stayed directly across the street from my house, he tried to frame me and the cops went for it.

Owen was white, had elderly parents, he seemed to find it all to easy to point the finger at the browny across the street.

The head detective ran his car up onto the footpath years later and I managed to jump and not get hit.

Clearly he couldn't let it go.

The thing that fucked the cops case against me was I was at work and there were Doctors and Nurses as witnesses. So rather that leave an innocent person alone the cops changed their tact and tried to say I was a fence and that I orchestrated the murder and received a cut of the stolen goods.

People have no idea the shit that goes on in South Auckland.

Why did the cops target me? when they did their door to door they came across me in a flash car, installing a car stereo that was hi tech at the time and very expensive, they decided a young Maori male must have committed crimes to fund my own property, the questioning they gave me made it clear they were racially profiling me.

If I had of been rostered for a day off back then, you would now be talking with the Convicted murderer of the Opaheke Dairy Murder (bread delivery driver acidently stumbled on a shop burglary in progress, Owen... forget his surname, too many murderers have crossed my path, stabbed the driver multiple times in the abdomen.

I had the sad job of sprinting down hospital corridors trying to save the mans life, I still remember him vividly, he was a fighter, sadly that the man would pass away, and bizarrely I would be investigated for his murder within hours.
Tamihere killed someone and got away with only manslaughter. He raped multiple people and was on the run for 6 years having breeched bail and never been held to account.

Karma would say the years in prison was appropriate just for those crimes, regardless of if he killed the tourists.

He also did it. There’s no way a past killer happened to innocently be in a stolen car of someone while they are getting murdered…

It troubles me the multiple people part. Yes, a killer could still be out there.

But without a body (at the time), no good witnesses, the suspect pleading not guilty and insufficient evidence, how can the police ever truely work out what actually happened?

Then Bain case shows even with 100% better evidence it’s hard to know who done it sometimes.

Tamihere killed someone and got away with only manslaughter. He raped multiple people and was on the run for 6 years having breeched bail and never been held to account.

Karma would say the years in prison was appropriate just for those crimes, regardless of if he killed the tourists.

He also did it. There’s no way a past killer happened to innocently be in a stolen car of someone while they are getting murdered…

It troubles me the multiple people part. Yes, a killer could still be out there.

But without a body (at the time), no good witnesses, the suspect pleading not guilty and insufficient evidence, how can the police ever truely work out what actually happened?

Then Bain case shows even with 100% better evidence it’s hard to know who done it sometimes.
There are many theories, and I lean towards that he did it.

But it’s pretty clear it didn’t happen where or how the police alleged at the trial.

As for the car - there’s pretty good evidence now that the car Tamihere had wasn’t in fact the Swedes car!

I’m not sure if this link works but if it does it tells a story:

There is a new update episode being released on Monday, you need to be a subscriber though, it'll be free a couple of weeks

Back