Pick Your Team Raiders v Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]

mt.wellington

Contributor
Raiders v Warriors - [Round 20, 2024]
PICK YOUR TEAM

Friday 19th July 10pm NZST GIO Stadium

Raiders4.jpg
Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it. This thread will be closed without notice once the TEAM LIST thread opens for this game.

WARRIORS HAVE A BYE IN ROUND 19. This thread will be live for 2 weeks...

NZWarriors.com
TT to FB.

Should have happened anyway. Said last week that CNK looks busted AF every game after 5 mins. Limping around after every hit-up, no spring in his step. Always gives his all but clearly playing busted and now has a more definitive injury.

Other decisions will mainly be dictated by fitness. I'd keep RTS at centre as he was going okay today before having to go to FB.

Forwards pick themselves as there were no poor performances from them today. Leka keeps his spot on the bench for sure.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. Ali/MTG
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. CHT
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barney
11. Marata
12. Capewah
13. Walker
14. Lussick
15. Jazz
16. Halasima
17. Ale/Ford

Outs - CNK (calf), Monty (Munster virus)

Now we know Ali, MTG, Halasima, Zyon Maiu’u, Roache, Taine are explosive players and either injured or dropped after 1 game, more rotation of them in the playing team please

I'm in 2 minds about Tuaupiki playing Fullback because of how weak we are at gaining territory from kicks. Because of TMM's lack of distance on his punt we need to scrap for every metre we can on kick returns & he's a clear 3rd behind RTS & CNK on that front. DWZ would edge him there too

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Does anyone what

MGT wasnt that much better. Ali was playing ok but re aggrevated an injury (possible ankle)
Ali went in on the wrong players a couple of times and didn't even try to chase. He stood there looking bummed out instead. Unforgivable shit. He has just come back. So I'll give him a bit of leeway.

Oh ok, I was wondering if he reinjured his ankle? Damn. No luck this year.

Ali went in on the wrong players a couple of times and didn't even try to chase. He stood there looking bummed out instead. Unforgivable shit. He has just come back. So I'll give him a bit of leeway.

Oh ok, I was wondering if he reinjured his ankle? Damn. No luck this year.
Not too sure what exactly. But early in first half he was limping a lot. But was clutching at his lower leg.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It’s a conundrum isn’t it- with Sj we couldn’t get our running game going but with the current set up the kicking games not nrl standard.
And the frustrating part is we have the 2 form front rowers in the comp- they’re killing it but it’s all going to waste.
Our outside backs are either slow or injured- or both.
Thought rts played well back there- he’s just got that footwork at the line that’s sees him poke his nose through everything. Would be exciting to see tuaupiki get a run though.
Idk- it’s all up in the air for me- tbh apart from the titans game it hasn’t been a horrible year- I feel like there’s been 3 or 4 games we really should’ve won but come out empty handed.
I don’t think u throw the towel in yet though- we still have a two byes and a decent run home.
I would still be picking the team that’s gives us the best chance to win that game.
I’m not too sure who that is but we shouldn’t be playing old guys just for sentimental reasons nor should we be chucking young guys in “just to give them a run”
Not yet quite yet anyway.

It’s a conundrum isn’t it- with Sj we couldn’t get our running game going but with the current set up the kicking games not nrl standard.
And the frustrating part is we have the 2 form front rowers in the comp- they’re killing it but it’s all going to waste.
Our outside backs are either slow or injured- or both.
Thought rts played well back there- he’s just got that footwork at the line that’s sees him poke his nose through everything. Would be exciting to see tuaupiki get a run though.
Idk- it’s all up in the air for me- tbh apart from the titans game it hasn’t been a horrible year- I feel like there’s been 3 or 4 games we really should’ve won but come out empty handed.
I don’t think u throw the towel in yet though- we still have a two byes and a decent run home.
I would still be picking the team that’s gives us the best chance to win that game.
I’m not too sure who that is but we shouldn’t be playing old guys just for sentimental reasons nor should we be chucking young guys in “just to give them a run”
Not yet quite yet anyway.
Think today showed the areas where a fit and healthy SJ could be of value. Kicking and last tackle plays in general. SJ when he dances around on plays and elusive can break up defensive lines and open up gaps. Some real thinking for the club regarding their halves going forward?

To be fair we put 12 unanswered points on the “2nd best defensive team in the comp” in 20 minutes before we lost an already busted CNK then all our outside backs, we could be 6:0 down with SJ and he wouldn’t be able to chase down Wilson and it’d be 12:0

Writing this I remembered we didn’t start on fire but were on even footing and then grinded them to an extend where we actually have the ascendency and won the 2nd quarter of the game. 3rd quarter was injury crisis and lost attacking structure bleeding into 4th quarter

They could put SJ as 18th man in the future and fake another HIA at the death to activate him, like NFL kickers lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back