Social Finding Heidi podcast

Just been talking to a cop I know. he has been listening to the podcast and thinks exactly like I do. Nothing there.

We know for sure Tamihere was there, and their belongings.
Are we 100% sure Tamihere was at the clearing at the time? I’m starting to think they were on the Whangmata side the whole time.

The only thing with Tamihere is he was convicted for manslaughter before and was a known criminal and my feeling is, if he was guilty he would have been resigned to the fact and admitted it later. He had no integrity to protect by trying to maintain he was innocent when guilty.

The fact he still maintains his innocence now seems to suggest either he’s protecting someone; he’s pissed at the police for framing him (even if they were right) or he had nothing to do with the murders (really never met them or was only a bit player with the Turners actually doing the deed).

Are we 100% sure Tamihere was at the clearing at the time? I’m starting to think they were on the Whangmata side the whole time.

The only thing with Tamihere is he was convicted for manslaughter before and was a known criminal and my feeling is, if he was guilty he would have been resigned to the fact and admitted it later. He had no integrity to protect by trying to maintain he was innocent when guilty.

The fact he still maintains his innocence now seems to suggest either he’s protecting someone; he’s pissed at the police for framing him (even if they were right) or he had nothing to do with the murders (really never met them or was only a bit player with the Turners actually doing the deed).
The evidence produced by Ryan Wolf shows that Tamihere was at Crosbies Clearing in April for sure.
Alone or with Heidi.
He left a note signed Pat Kelly, the name he used while on the run.
Their belongings were also there, and dumped by somebody.
Tamihere was with the Swedes in Thames and at the Quarry Road, Whangamata, in the Subaru, and with Heidi in the small green car.
He was involved all right, otherwise he would have given the others up.
He is not the type to do a stretch for somebody else.
Everybody in prison in innocent mate:rolleyes::rolleyes:, like the Shawshank Redemption clip I posted. All fitted up by lying cops!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John Hughes had two lives, one was as an experienced detective, the other was as an ultra marathon runner. A lot of people don't know that.
He also had a good runs as a film maker especially in the 80's and early 90s. The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, Home Alone to name a few.

A lot of people didn't know that.

For a small country we have some fascinating or grim missing people or murder mysteries.

There was one that was getting a lot of media attention a few years back from my home town. A hitchhiker went missing in the 70s and there was rumours of a body being buried under the foundations of a particular house. That street was a few streets over from where I grew up. I asked my father about it and he laughed that the wives around here used to talk about that quite often.

He also had a good runs as a film maker especially in the 80's and early 90s. The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, Home Alone to name a few.

A lot of people didn't know that.

Different guy Cyrille :rolleyes:
and here is one just for you..written by a nut job..who actually played some league

Different guy Cyrille :rolleyes:
and here is one just for you..written by a nut job..who actually played some league
Here is the actual reference to this case from Ross Meurant, about John Hughes:

"The Tamihere case where police were accused of manipulating identification evidence against David Tamihere for the murders of Swedish tourists Heidi Paakkonen and Urban Hoglin."

The "manipulation" referred to John Hughes, who had excellent relationships with the press, letting them know they would be bringing Tamihere to Thames Police Station, I think to be interviewed. They had arrested him on a warrant in Auckland.

So when they arrived and got him out of the car every Tv camera in Auckland was there!!!...and it was on nationwide TV that night, as well as the printed media.

What Hughes was making sure of, was that everybody who needed to know, got a good look at Tamihere, in an effort to get information about his movements.

It was a crafty trick, maybe they should have put a pillowcase over his head, but as far as I know it wasn't illegal, and the intent was honest.

So any of these witnesses of Ryan Wolf who said they didn't know about the murders, or David Tamihere, or what he looked like...yeah right :rolleyes: !!

John Hughes had two lives, one was as an experienced detective, the other was as an ultra marathon runner. A lot of people don't know that.
I knew that. Also a good boxer. I vaguely knew a bloke who was a leader in the Mt Eden prison riot in the 60's I think. He was a career criminal, a complete nutter. Anyway, he told me a story about John Hughes, he was very weary if not scared of him.

My thoughts (haven’t heard the last episode), is if you killed her at the same property, they would have dumped the bodies together.

My gut feel is Tamihere took her away from the property.
I probably don't know any more than you guys, I am just going on Ryan Wolf's new information, of which I had not heard the last episodes..

My interpretation may differ to you guys. I am not impressed by Wolf's style, it is very amateurish.

I am also listening to the Podcast about that missing Sydney grifter Melissa Caddick whose foot was washed up on the south coast of NSW. That is from two experienced journalists, Kate McClymont of the Sydney Morning Herald and Tom Steinfort of 60 minutes. Their presentation is so professional, orderly and easily followed. I have been following that for months with no problem of keeping up.

My guess is the Police know all, or most of the stuff he has published, and knew it long ago. That is why I say there is nothing there. I can only guess why they kept it quiet, probably for the families. Like that guy said on the Podcast "We have our man". and they did. They were never going to get the Turners.

John Tamihere and that dickhead Pat Booth. could have taken the matter further if they really had something but they didn't.

Pat Booth for one was good at making accusations of others, but was just as easy with the truth himself when it suited. He sold a lot of copy over the Thomas case though. In the end it was a cheap political stunt by Prime Minister Muldoon to pardon Thomas, and which was illegal too.

Pat Booth was always looking for the man biting dogs story. Here is link as a classic example!!! I didn't know he coined the name Mr. Asia...FFs, what a dropkick.

So the Whangamata information wasn't in the public domain, although when Sven's body was discovered there was a lot of public discussion about how he got there when the Police had said Crosbies Clearing.

There is no evidence as to where Tamihere killed Heidi, and my guess it was horrible when it happened. He is likely to have buried her close to where he killed her. Dead bodies are not easy to carry through bush.

Tamihere was an expert bushman and tramper. He walked long distances through the bush, as Ryan Wolf details. So she might be in Whangamata, or she might be up by Crosbies Clearing.

The reason Sven was so close to the Turner place was that was where he was killed, and it was possibly unplanned. i am sure they were going to deal with the Swedes, and were probably thinking about it when something happened, like Sven making a run for it.

Tamihere had the opportunity to plan what he did with Heidi, the sick bastard.

However, as always, I stand to be corrected.

My thoughts (haven’t heard the last episode), is if you killed her at the same property, they would have dumped the bodies together.

My gut feel is Tamihere took her away from the property.

Agree

The chick that said she saw Tamihere arrive at the property with a blonde girl, then leave the property later the same day by himself - well, turns out she’s a junkie and highly plausible he was in and out while she was high as a kite or passes out asleep that day. Also plausible he left her there o/n tied up, to run errands and she never saw him return to pick her up the next day. Too many holes to make any conclusive evidence

Tell you one thing. Some of these witnesses have pretty amazing photographic memory recollecting what happened +30years ago when I struggle to remember what I did yesterday

Last edited:
An article on John Hughes - a shady character:

Sorry mate, I wasn't, t laughing at you, I was laughing at the mention of Barry Hart complaining about John Hughes.

If you are looking for a used car, don't go to this guy!!

Back