International Pacific Championship

NZWarriors.com
Well, that was a different outcome to what he said in a interview a while back. He wanted to play for the Kiwis. Unless Stace didn't pick him. Or, He plays for the cookies in the Pacific Cup then switches back to NZ for other tests.
Thats it!, No more! enough is enough!, the whole reason I started down this pathway, was because I watched a test series on tv a 1985 test match between oz and nz, now prior to this my go twose was the abs and the black caps. By pure luck I stumbled on this wonderful game of rugby league which then got me hooked onto the Winfield cup, and all those nrl teams named after animals, W.T.F totally blew me away, so when the warriors came into the comp that was me, my forever team. the whole reason I got into this was because on that 1985 test series when Kevin Tamati was having a punch-up on the side line after being sinbinned with the kangaroos prop. I could then focus on the wahz feeding into the kiwis. now lets cut through all this tutai, make it simple as, I call it the Pito calause, where you are born (where your pito is laying or buried)is the country you play for, born in nz, only can pay for nz, born in the islands then that's all you can play for not nz or Chine, or Canada etc, simple as if born in oz, thats the only country you can play for, never mind your heritage, never mind your whakapapa. if the international body or should we be really clear who is really running it, it's the nrl who are the drivers to enhance their own game, then I give up on international tests, I am no longer supporting it, just supporting the nrl, the wahz!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I wouldn't have picked Talagi for Samoa or L Hopoate for Tonga cause i don't want it to be a case of too much too soon

Willison named in the cookies team. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe hes ineligible for origin, so shouldn’t be too much of a worry him playing for them.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Thats it!, No more! enough is enough!, the whole reason I started down this pathway, was because I watched a test series on tv a 1985 test match between oz and nz, now prior to this my go twose was the abs and the black caps. By pure luck I stumbled on this wonderful game of rugby league which then got me hooked onto the Winfield cup, and all those nrl teams named after animals, W.T.F totally blew me away, so when the warriors came into the comp that was me, my forever team. the whole reason I got into this was because on that 1985 test series when Kevin Tamati was having a punch-up on the side line after being sinbinned with the kangaroos prop. I could then focus on the wahz feeding into the kiwis. now lets cut through all this tutai, make it simple as, I call it the Pito calause, where you are born (where your pito is laying or buried)is the country you play for, born in nz, only can pay for nz, born in the islands then that's all you can play for not nz or Chine, or Canada etc, simple as if born in oz, thats the only country you can play for, never mind your heritage, never mind your whakapapa. if the international body or should we be really clear who is really running it, it's the nrl who are the drivers to enhance their own game, then I give up on international tests, I am no longer supporting it, just supporting the nrl, the wahz!
At first I liked this idea but after taking a look at the other squads the only nz born player I would be really keen on is nanai.
We would actually lose more than we gain.
Surprisingly all of Australias squad were born there and under your criteria they could also add afb, olakau'atu, Crichton and to’o.
The island nations would lose the majority of their squads.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
At first I liked this idea but after taking a look at the other squads the only nz born player I would be really keen on is nanai.
We would actually lose more than we gain.
Surprisingly all of Australias squad were born there and under your criteria they could also add afb, olakau'atu, Crichton and to’o.
The island nations would lose the majority of their squads.
That's why I'm giving up, it's too complicated cos there's always gonna be someone wanting this, that and the other, calls out the old axiom KISS "keep it simple stupid" which is why it won't work.

Ranking my predicted Pacific Bowl teams

BACKLINE
1 FIJI S Taruva M Sivo W Blake M Jennings S Valemei
2 PNG S Wabo R Derby R Tai E Roltinga N McDonald
3 COK R Andrew M Morgan R Rennie E Ioka S Marsters

HALVES
1 PNG K Laybutt L Lam
2 FIJI K Naiqama K Donoghue
3 COK B Takairangi E Marsters

FORWARDS
1 COK D Moale R Ngatikaura M Makatoa Z Tetevano R Porter X Willison
2 FIJI T Kamikamica J Lovodua B Nakubuwai V Kikau T Milne C Navale
3 PNG S Namo E Ipape J De Belin D Russell R Martin J Alick

BENCH
1 COK M Teague K Tararo T Moeroa R Dakin
2 FIJI P Tagituimua K Kautoga N Kegg-Smith J Miller
3 PNG J Rimbu L Horne J Simbiken V Richard

Add up the ranking numbers, lowest score wins
FIJI 7
COOK ISLANDS 8
PNG 9

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back