Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Prime example here in an unfortunate accident. Pretty poor from Australia
Sounds good in principal - turf out non citizens who are trouble. Devils in the detail though.

There should be a rule something like that it only applies to people who have spent less than 10 years in Australia. Short term visitors rather than long term committed residents.

Given this guy was the chair of the fast track committee & took donations from individuals invested in sea bed mining - isn't that enough to at least pause or restart the fast track process?

or is this even... corruption

Given this guy was the chair of the fast track committee & took donations from individuals invested in sea bed mining - isn't that enough to at least pause or restart the fast track process?

100% corruption :)

Personally, I think the “fast tracking” to allow ministers to make the decisions is going to far…. although I would like to see improvements into the speed applications are considered speed up…. but not to the detriment of the environment or effected parties. As normal, it’s finding the right balance…. something our two main parties seem incapable of doing.

I’d rather see an appeals process above the environment court be established than to just let one of three ministers make a discision.

Personally, I think the “fast tracking” to allow ministers to make the decisions is going to far…. although I would like to see improvements into the speed applications are considered speed up…. but not to the detriment of the environment or effected parties. As normal, it’s finding the right balance…. something our two main parties seem incapable of doing.

I’d rather see an appeals process above the environment court be established than to just let one of three ministers make a discision.
I would be all for speeding up applications - but this bill has been totally undemocratic & borderline (not really) corrupt given who donates to the parties pushing this through.

I would be all for speeding up applications - but this bill has been totally undemocratic & borderline (not really) corrupt given who donates to the parties pushing this through.
I know they are saying they're just increasing the scope of the 'fast track' legislation Labour introduced for housing development but it's too far, in my opinion, to consider approving applications already rejected for environmental reasons.

I don't believe it's corruption. I believe it's a reflection of the crap MP's we have across all parties. The candidates they put up for election are generally piss poor. Being an MP is like being a real estate agent in that MP's are only concerned with their own survival and perks and real estate agents are only concerned with their commissions irrespective of the lies they tell us.
Like real estate agents, the 80-20 ratio applies to MP's. 20% are okay , even worthy, 80% are useless.

I don't believe it's corruption. I believe it's a reflection of the crap MP's we have across all parties. The candidates they put up for election are generally piss poor. Being an MP is like being a real estate agent in that MP's are only concerned with their own survival and perks and real estate agents are only concerned with their commissions irrespective of the lies they tell us.
Like real estate agents, the 80-20 ratio applies to MP's. 20% are okay , even worthy, 80% are useless.
While I agree the quality of MPs is really low...

This certainly appears to be corrupt, as much as the MP will play dumb - Chairing the Fast Track Committee while not declaring donations from people who benefit from it. Yikes

While I agree the quality of MPs is really low...

This certainly appears to be corrupt, as much as the MP will play dumb - Chairing the Fast Track Committee while not declaring donations from people who benefit from it. Yikes
He didn’t realise he was supposed to declare his donations from that year

Back