Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do note none of these conversations anywhere mention the concepts of growth of community, sustainability of ecology, sustainability of economic growth, impact of economic growth on society and ecology, mental health impacts of these policies, growth of resilience and self sufficiency within our country and economic systems.

And they need to.

The libertarians crying victim again when actual free speech is exercised
1707605291010.png

Not NZ politics but good to see that public scrutiny can still bring the correct outcome. Filthy pedophile still gets his pardon, but the corrupt leader who granted it is rightfully gone.

“Politics doesn’t just happen every three years with a general election, and that is precisely what you will see from the Greens in the coming three years under and in response to this incredibly reactionary, cruel government,” Swarbrick told Q+A host Jack Tame on Sunday.
“We will be mobilising people to push back against that agenda.”

fuck, imagine the outcry if seymour was mobilizing people to push back against the former governments agenda.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/35...assive-mobilisation-people-against-government

i used to quite like chloe swarbrick but she just wreaks of sour grapes. the whole left just looks like crybabies who are desperate to not admit they made a billowing dumpster fire of the country, and instead complain about things that already haven’t happened and may or may even not ever happen.

everything since the election has been some limp kind of performative soft protest.

time to suck it up and keep the new government honest instead of whinging and being petulant.

The libertarians crying victim again when actual free speech is exercised
View attachment 5069
The anti-outside influence in politics conspiracy theorist posts the foreign agitators, Greenpeace propaganda. Oh the irony 🤣

Defends everyone’s right to exercise free speech… while claiming corruption when business lobby groups do the exact same thing 🤣

“Politics doesn’t just happen every three years with a general election, and that is precisely what you will see from the Greens in the coming three years under and in response to this incredibly reactionary, cruel government,” Swarbrick told Q+A host Jack Tame on Sunday.

fuck, imagine the outcry if seymour was mobilizing people to push back against the former governments agenda.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/35...assive-mobilisation-people-against-government

i used to quite like chloe swarbrick but she just wreaks of sour grapes. the whole left just looks like crybabies who are desperate to not admit they made a billowing dumpster fire of the country, and instead complain about things that already haven’t happened and may or may even not ever happen.

everything since the election has been some limp kind of performative soft protest.

time to suck it up and keep the new government honest instead of whinging and being petulant.
That’s what I like about Jack Tame, Louise Upton got exactly the same treatment as Chloe Swarbrick. If there’s questions to be answered, there’s no biases no matter the affiliation. Hands down NZ’s leading political journalist, long may q and a continue.

Wonder when Chloe will wake up to the fact that this approach is actually hindering support for the left.

Does that mean there's corruption in the current govt? What is it exactly, are you worried about it?
By corruption, I am using it in the way that it has been alleged by other posters and you would have to say in that context there is likely to be. You could also say that it is potentially more like a symbiotic relationship with parties and supporters aligning with similar or common ground. And yes, that occurs across the political spectrum, including the opposition and current government.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by worried about? Can you elaborate more,?

By corruption, I am using it in the way that it has been alleged by other posters and you would have to say in that context there is likely to be. You could also say that it is potentially more like a symbiotic relationship with parties and supporters aligning with similar or common ground. And yes, that occurs across the political spectrum, including the opposition and current government.

Well I'm a bit worried if there's corruption in any party, aren't you? Your turn to elaborate now.

Hey Robin have you heard about Batman's new arch-enemy, the Elaborater

Well I'm a bit worried if there's corruption in any party, aren't you? Your turn to elaborate now.
Depends on your definition of corruption. I also think the term has been thrown around far too much and many times used as an attack because they simply don't agree with a certain policy. And also selectively without using the same scrutiny across the political spectrum. It certainly seems to be targeted at the current right Government when there has been so much that has happened. In the last 6 years that has been as equally deserving, if not more so, of scrutiny, critique, questioning.... But wasn't.

Put it this way. As much as some posters say that the voting public are dumb, it appears to me that there have largely always been swings to the left or right and changes of government when needed. That might not be what some have wanted because of their own political leanings but it's hard to argue that for a mostly centralist country there hasn't been that.

Am I worried about who donated to which party? Who gets guidance from which think tank or organisation? Honestly, not a huge amount. Does it give pause for thought. Yup, for every party and their policies.

What I am worried about is the quality of our MPs and subsequently the quality of both the Government and just as or more importantly the opposition. I am concerned about the quality and balance of our media and who is influencing them.
If there is a large level of corruption then it surely should be easy for the opposition and the media to do their job. The fact we are consistently at the top of the least corrupt nations in the world must surely give some confidence. If there truly is such a huge level of corruption in our politics then it is there because of the voters, the opposition and the media allowing it.

Last edited:
Hey Robin have you heard about Batman's new arch-enemy, the Elaborater
Yeah interesting how it's Batman and Robin on this side...but... As usual those with different views can't seem to see that they are just the same on the opposite side.

Actually, I'll take being Batman and Robin. At least we know we are the good guys. 🦇

And the way the others post it does seem like some just talk in riddles and the others are just jokes. ❓

Depends on your definition of corruption. I also think the term has been thrown around far too much and many times used as an attack because they simply don't agree with a certain policy. And also selectively without using the same scrutiny across the political spectrum. It certainly seems to be targeted at the current right Government when there has been so much that has happened. In the last 6 years that has been as equally deserving, if not more so, of scrutiny, critique, questioning.... But wasn't.

Put it this way. As much as some posters say that the voting public are dumb, it appears to me that there have largely always been swings to the left or right and changes of government when needed. That might not be what some have wanted because if their own political leanings but it's hard to argue that for a mostly centralist country there hasn't been that.

Am I worried about who donated to which party? Who gets guidance from which think tank or organisation? Honestly, not a huge amount. Does it give pause for thought. Yup, for every party and their policies.

What I am worried about is the quality of our MPs and subsequently the quality of both the Government and just as or more importantly the opposition. I am concerned about the quality and balance of our media and who is influencing them.
If there is a large level of corruption then it surely should be easy for the opposition and the media to do their job. The fact we are consistently at the top of the least corrupt nations in the world must surely give some confidence. If there truly is such a huge level of corruption in our politics then it is there because of the voters, the opposition and the media allowing it.
Yeah can't disagree with most of that. Except your point about there not being the same scrutiny and questioning in the last 6 years, I've seen plenty of screeching and conspiracy theories about Labour being puppets of Blackrock, the WEF, the UN, Maori elites, international Marxism etc, not to mention the hysteria from anti-vaxxers, Groundswell, angry boomers, it seemed like a crescendo of scrutiny and accusations of corruption at times.

Yeah they're probably all corrupt in some ways, thankfully it's only 7 days until the first trial and I'll have more more important things to worry about then.

Last edited:
Yeah can't disagree with most of that. Except your point about there not being the same scrutiny and questioning in the last 6 years, I've seen plenty of screeching and conspiracy theories about Labour being puppets of Blackrock, the WEF, the UN, Maori elites, international Marxism etc, not to mention the hysteria from anti-vaxxers, Groundswell, angry boomers, it seemed like a crescendo of scrutiny and accusations of corruption at times.

Yeah they're probably all corrupt in some ways, thankfully it's only 7 days until the first trial and I'll have more more important things to worry then.
Yes, by the same, I meant that certain allegations being made about the current government could be made about the previous in a lot of instances. Also the examples you raise are very much from fringe, conspiracy groups which is pretty much how a lot of the posts against the current lot come across also.

Hey, maybe there is an element of truth to all of it.

Yes, by the same, I meant that certain allegations being made about the current government could be made about the previous in a lot of instances. Also the examples you raise are very much from fringe, conspiracy groups which is pretty much how a lot of the posts against the current lot come across also.

Hey, maybe there is an element of truth to all of it.
Where's Wiz, tied up back at the bat cave is he?

not until it’s too late i’m sure. and of course it’ll be everyone else’s fault.
she’ll slowly tear that party apart i think. look at her eyes, she even looks unhinged.

sad really.
i also just wanted to add here, i think this because she wants the what’s right and best but she’s too hungry for it.

i see her like a new company that’s gained a bit of momentum. i think she’s now trying to do too much too fast.
now the election is over and her momentum has waned some, she’s started trying to claw momentum.

i think shes starting to come across and frantic and desperate and like most companies that expand too fast, especially on the back of a wave of momentum, she’ll end up going bust.

burnt out and angry.
more than likely to bow out similar to the way kiri allen did would be my guess.

Back