Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a reactor in a Sydney suburb. Canadian residents rate them highly.

What’s your experience or source of data?
Yeah but not for power. A reactor nonetheless...what could possibly go wrong?
No data source specifically but a lifetime of news and documentaries freely available to everyone on the 'accidents' that have happened along the way (when news was news). Not quite old enough to see the results of Hiroshima personally but its well- documented, as is the radiation poisoning of workers when human error causes 'mishaps'.
From Muriroa, Chenobyl, USA, STH America, Asia, Japan & so on where nuclear power stations or reactors still do damage.
Insiduous thing radiation exposure, once you start showing symptoms you're f***ed.

Pity you don't understand the ways of Maoridom!!
They are showing at the moments it’s ‘Once we’re warriors’ and solving things with violence 🤷‍♂️

Waitangi is a chance for the leadership to show you can are better than that. Instead it’s hate, dildos and protest every single year. All 40+ of my years, Waitangi has been about negativity.

Matariki is a much better Maori celebration in NZ that brings everyone together.

Last edited:
You suggesting that EV’s shouldn’t pay user charges for the roads they drive on?
I'm against utterly regressive policies that fly in the face of such urgent action needed to combat climate change.

All for what? Some mythical regressive time when men were men and everyone else was fcked, including the planet? No thanks.

Yeah but not for power. A reactor nonetheless...what could possibly go wrong?
No data source specifically but a lifetime of news and documentaries freely available to everyone on the 'accidents' that have happened along the way (when news was news). Not quite old enough to see the results of Hiroshima personally but its well- documented, as is the radiation poisoning of workers when human error causes 'mishaps'.
From Muriroa, Chenobyl, USA, STH America, Asia, Japan & so on where nuclear power stations or reactors still do damage.
Insiduous thing radiation exposure, once you start showing symptoms you're f***ed.
Yeah NZs anti nuclearism is always based on vibes. So you’re happy to live right next door to a functional nuclear reactor *as long as* it’s not being used to generate power? Ludicrous logic.

Ask for the real world…

I'm against utterly regressive policies that fly in the face of such urgent action needed to combat climate change.

All for what? Some mythical regressive time when men were men and everyone else was fcked, including the planet? No thanks.
You’re also against commercial reality.

They are showing at the moments it’s ‘Once we’re warriors’ and solving things with violence 🤷‍♂️

Waitangi is a chance for the leadership to show you can are better than that. Instead it’s hate, dildos and protest every single year. All 40+ of my years, Waitangi has been about negativity.

Matariki is a much better Maori celebration in NZ that brings everyone together.
Yeah NZs anti nuclearism is always based on vibes. So you’re happy to live right next door to a functional nuclear reactor *as long as* it’s not being used to generate power? Ludicrous logic.

Ask for the real world…

Think you might have misread my reactor comment re "what could go wrong?" Should've used a sarcasm emoji.
Yeah, might be a bit of a hippie from way back but like to think I'm a well-read, well-travelled and well-educated one. The vibe of anything is not really my thing....except Mabo 😁 🤣
View: https://youtu.be/nMuh33BMZYY?si=TUG2T9iT1_EksmPB

Where do you want it/ them to go. In your neck of the woods? Nah, didn't think so.
We're an earthquake prone country with risk for a few tsunami - from the Hikurangi trench if it decides the time is right for a tectonic plate shift - remember Kaikoura coastline lifting 1metre after CHCH? That's nothing? Think Japan then. Or Chenobyl.
For the safety experts out there ready with the improved safety etc, that shite stays around for generations if it happens.
Put it in the southern alps where noone lives? Active faultline.
And while it might not go like Chernobyl, waste has to be gotten rid of, any leaks and your land & waterways are ****ed. (Farmers would love that wouldn't they?)And then there's the distribution costs
We're one small country that would very quickly be exponentially damaged if an 'accident' were to occur. For generations of people, let alone unusable 'wasteland'.
Not fearmongering, just being practical. With advances possible in other areas of energy production we don't need nuclear. Invest in those areas.
Anyway, back to the question, in your neighbourhood?
Bloody 'ell, I thought the latest models were 100% safe. How about putting them between the coast and the alps, on giant bouncy castles to absorb the quakes?
I'm going off this idea now.

And not your problem once you're gone right?
You are correct in that nothing will be my problem when I'm gone, much the same for you I guess.

However, my descendants who will likely still be here will be thankful for the cheap power.

Any decent risk analysis would provide an answer either way, unfortunately the hysteria precludes even having a rational discussion about the issue.

Well, commercial reality is up against climate change reality
Sure and there is huge investment going into reducing carbon emissions. That transition can’t happen without everyone, corporates, consumers & government stumping up a lot of coin to fund it. To suggest EV drivers shouldn’t be paying RUC - for vehicles that are significantly heavier & therefore do more damage to our roads - is insane.

Sure and there is huge investment going into reducing carbon emissions. That transition can’t happen without everyone, corporates, consumers & government stumping up a lot of coin to fund it. To suggest EV drivers shouldn’t be paying RUC - for vehicles that are significantly heavier & therefore do more damage to our roads - is insane.
Sigh. I've never suggested electric vehicles shouldn't pay road user charges. There's that pattern again of attributing comments and words that I haven't said.

It's common and frequent from certain commenters in this forum.

If there's such huge investment what's disappointing is this governement's desire to turn people away from evs and lift fees on polluting vehicles. That's insanity.

Regressive and damaging.

Sigh. I've never suggested electric vehicles shouldn't pay road user charges. There's that pattern again of attributing comments and words that I haven't said.

It's common and frequent from certain commenters in this forum.

If there's such huge investment what's disappointing is this governement's desire to turn people away from evs and lift fees on polluting vehicles. That's insanity.

Regressive and damaging.
We respond to what you post, whether that’s what you’ve written or provided a link to.

Back