Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True, Winston creamed off a few of their votes by shamelessly preying on the gullible though. In a roundabout way they got him over the line and formed our present govt for Klaus, well done idiots.
Yes it was funny seeing the lesser brown Trump lizzarding his way among them.

Winston would not piss on them if they were on fire in the real world.

True, Winston creamed off a few of their votes by shamelessly preying on the gullible though. In a roundabout way they got him over the line and formed our present govt for Klaus, well done idiots.
I suppose it is easier to label them anti government or outside the political system. But still, a lot of them voted. Some for Winston as you say. Some for the other parties, across the spectrum. I know of a few of them up north and in Auckland, a mix of Maori and European, even a couple of asian ethnicity who I went to school with, and who they said they voted for and in some cases they abstained because they didn't like anyone (much like others in the general population and reflective of our current political spectrum). They are mostly united though in their beliefs like posting photos of passenger aircraft flying high overhead with vapour trails claimed as cloud seeding or photos of the sky with open ended questions like 'interesting cloud formations aren't they?' like everyone will understand what they are saying. My point was that there are nut jobs all over the place capable of threats to anyone. Labelling them as a generic look and type is a mistake.

I suppose it is easier to label them anti government or outside the political system. But still, a lot of them voted. Some for Winston as you say. Some for the other parties, across the spectrum. I know of a few of them up north and in Auckland, a mix of Maori and European, even a couple of asian ethnicity who I went to school with, and who they said they voted for and in some cases they abstained because they didn't like anyone (much like others in the general population and reflective of our current political spectrum). They are mostly united though in their beliefs like posting photos of passenger aircraft flying high overhead with vapour trails claimed as cloud seeding or photos of the sky with open ended questions like 'interesting cloud formations aren't they?' like everyone will understand what they are saying. My point was that there are nut jobs all over the place capable of threats to anyone. Labelling them as a generic look and type is a mistake.
Agree, the look and type thing is just my own anecdotal observation from local social media pertaining to threats to politicians, they tend to look like Kelvyn Alp and have similar militia vibes with violent undertones, might be a South Island thing.

I suppose the word I'm looking for is C#unt
images.jpeg-90.jpg

Agree, the look and type thing is just my own anecdotal observation from local social media pertaining to threats to politicians, they tend to look like Kelvyn Alp and have similar militia vibes with violent undertones, might be a South Island thing.

I suppose the word I'm looking for is C#unt
View attachment 5011
Yup. Ones like him are known and visible. It's the ones hiding behind their keyboards that you don't see that are at least equally bad, if not more so.

My point was that there are nut jobs all over the place capable of threats to anyone. Labelling them as a generic look and type is a mistake.
We’re not that far removed from being wild animals. Our closest cousins the chimps are aggressive, violent and evil buggers. That animalistic aggression is kept just under the surface by our laws and civilisation.

You see it in wars, riots, schoolyard bullies and online trolls how easily our animalistic side can come out given the opportunity. Millions of years of evolution to hunt a prey…

Lucky we have the Warriors as an outlet for our internal desire for tribal war to gather and gang up against a common enemy in a modern way.

Next time you meet a nutcase, invite them to a Warriors game!

Edit: second thoughts, take the nutcases to a union game!

Former Green MP Golriz Ghahraman charged with stealing close to $10k worth of goods
31/01/2024

Former Green MP Golriz Ghahraman has been charged with stealing close to $10,000 worth of items from two different stores.

She was due to appear in Auckland District Court on Thursday facing three charges but the appearance has now been delayed.

Court documents released to media show the value of the goods Ghahraman allegedly stole.

She is accused of stealing $691 worth of clothing from Wellington's CRE8IVEWORX on October 22.
She is also charged with the theft of $2,060 worth of goods from Scotties Boutique in Ponsonby on December 21 and another $7,223 worth of goods two days later.

She is accused of stealing $9974 worth of items in total.

Such charges carry a maximum penalty of seven years in prison if convicted.

Ghahraman resigned from her role as an MP on January 16 after the allegations were levelled against her.
She cited mental health issues as a contributing stressor that led to acting "completely out of character".
The former MP is set to appear in court on February 28.

It will be interesting how this plays out. Hipkins has to have evidence or is it just a negative mud rucking smear campaign?

I hope there’s some substance or else Hipkins just needs to resign and get some fresh thinking if it’s going to descend baseless smearing.

I don’t support the smoking changes but claiming bribery needs backing up.
Why is smoking even in the conversation? Because of big tobacco. And they are behind nz first.

Former Green MP Golriz Ghahraman charged with stealing close to $10k worth of goods
31/01/2024

Former Green MP Golriz Ghahraman has been charged with stealing close to $10,000 worth of items from two different stores.

She was due to appear in Auckland District Court on Thursday facing three charges but the appearance has now been delayed.

Court documents released to media show the value of the goods Ghahraman allegedly stole.

She is accused of stealing $691 worth of clothing from Wellington's CRE8IVEWORX on October 22.
She is also charged with the theft of $2,060 worth of goods from Scotties Boutique in Ponsonby on December 21 and another $7,223 worth of goods two days later.

Ghahraman resigned from her role as an MP on January 16 after the allegations were levelled against her.
She cited mental health issues as a contributing stressor that led to acting "completely out of character".

Meanwhile, more importantly:
Act want to slash tax for the rich: https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2024/02/...society-welcome-to-atlas-network-doublespeak/

The coalition have taken us on a war footing

They've attacked workers rights

They've rolled back public transport initiatives

They've rolled back 3 waters and replaced it with.....nothing, while council infrastructure is falling apart everywhere

They're cutting funding for parliament's own watchdog

They're introducing tax cuts no one asked for and that nz cannot afford

They're subsidising landlords and attacking renter's rights.

They are rolling back climate change initiatives in favour of fossil fuels

Corrupt, of the rich, by the rich, for the rich.

Meanwhile, more importantly:
Act want to slash tax for the rich: https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2024/02/...society-welcome-to-atlas-network-doublespeak/

The coalition have taken us on a war footing

They've attacked workers rights

They've rolled back public transport initiatives

They've rolled back 3 waters and replaced it with.....nothing, while council infrastructure is falling apart everywhere

They're cutting funding for parliament's own watchdog

They're introducing tax cuts no one asked for and that nz cannot afford

They're subsidising landlords and attacking renter's rights.

They are rolling back climate change initiatives in favour of fossil fuels

Corrupt, of the rich, by the rich, for the rich.
More importantly we are getting Back on Track.

31/01/2024

A spree then.

In one month this persons behavior was steal, steal, and steal again.

Does not sound like a well organised pattern of offending.

The mental health arguments will be interesting for some perhaps.

The Court ruling will annoy others either way.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the case it sounds like one that is most appropriately dealt with through fines - court costs - and diversion.

I am still tending toward a conviction being too severe an outcome for the person involved, however in New Zealand, for shop lifting, you usually only get diversion for a second offence (Usually first offence is a warning - second is diversion) this case is three separate incidents.

Not being a Lawyer I cannot really say what that means for her, other than it is not good.

We’re not that far removed from being wild animals. Our closest cousins the chimps are aggressive, violent and evil buggers. That animalistic aggression is kept just under the surface by our laws and civilisation.

You see it in wars, riots, schoolyard bullies and online trolls how easily our animalistic side can come out given the opportunity. Millions of years of evolution to hunt a prey…

Lucky we have the Warriors as an outlet for our internal desire for tribal war to gather and gang up against a common enemy in a modern way.

Next time you meet a nutcase, invite them to a Warriors game!

Edit: second thoughts, take the nutcases to a union

A spree then.

In one month this persons behavior was steal, steal, and steal again.

Does not sound like a well organised pattern of offending.

The mental health arguments will be interesting for some perhaps.

The Court ruling will annoy others either way.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the case it sounds like one that is most appropriately dealt with through fines - court costs - and diversion.

I am still tending toward a conviction being too severe an outcome for the person involved, however in New Zealand, for shop lifting, you usually only get diversion for a second offence (Usually first offence is a warning - second is diversion) this case is three separate incidents.

Not being a Lawyer I cannot really say what that means for her, other than it is not good.
Irrespective of any fine her reputation is shot and that is the big penalty.

Irrespective of any fine her reputation is shot and that is the big penalty.
First offender, unlikely to get anything more than a fine IMO, possibly just some community service and counselling of some kind. Court will probably take in to account the mental health angle, the loss of her reputation, loss of high paying job etc.

Its unlikely that these three events are the only ones IMO and would not surprise me if there were others that she has gotten away with.

It's important to see some sort of accountability taken so everyone can move on. If it is indeed a mental health issue then I hope she gets the help she needs and can get back in to some form of work that is befitting of her skills and education.

I'd also imagine a conviction (or three convictions) would have some ramifications for her legal career defending war criminals
Any particular reason for adding on the war criminals bit?

Good to see the right isn't actually concerned about the chaos this coalition is inflicting on New Zealand at all.

Back