Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
- You shall not understand the name of government departments
nzta.govt always got me to correct place to renew my registration.
health.govt always got me to the right place for anything health related.
sportnz.org was, & still is, the place to find anything sport & recreation

Did you also disagree with the policy to try address health inequities in rural communities?
View attachment 4603
Just pissed me off when my mother wasn’t entitled to free medicine for a long term health condition and her doctor pled with her to declare herself Maori and then the doctor could give it to her for free.

Fix access but everyone who’s sick is equally sick aren’t they? Racist policy is when it’s based on the colour of your skin, not on need?

This sort of policy where your shat on because your not Maori just turns everyone against everything pro Maori…

What Wizard is trying to articulate is the core of the Conservative movement and it has a lot of political merit.

But unfortunately Conservative greed has left nothing to conserve. Young people have poor wages, insecure employment, and no prospect of owning property, leaves them wanting to break down systems of power rather than preserve them.

Doing there cause more harm than good. We had an election and nothings new to warrant this.

The Maori party tried to say democracy’s changed but they are finding out they are only a 3% party that has gone hard left and made themselves irrelevant 🤣

Now they are pounding the pavements like a toddler having a tantrum.

Waving the red flag to a bull again…
So you fought so hard in the Covid thread for peoples right to protest whether u agreed or not, while u got the Vax.
Those protests turned violent.

Maori have a world leading track record for non violence in protest.

What's the difference?

Race.

So you fought so hard in the Covid thread for peoples right to protest whether u agreed or not, while u got the Vax.
Those protests turned violent.

Maori have a world leading track record for non violence in protest.

What's the difference?

Race.
I don’t deny them their right to protest. Good on them and go for it as long as they are not stopping traffic.

Just think they had 6 years to make changes that stuck and take us all along bringing us closer together… and they blew it; they know it and they are throwing a tantrum.

Neither Labour or National can make long term changes if they don’t bring the people with them. Hipkins admitted they failed to explain co-governance when he came in and spent the next 6 months to the election ignoring it. Effectively, in doing that, he consigned all the changes to history.

It’s come out now no one in Labour even supported Mahuta with the 3 waters. Poorly implemented changes rammed through that are getting reversed.

Last edited:
My memory might fail me but as I recall you argued vociferously that the protest in Wellington was justified yet that stopped a city functioning
These protests can go down and protest in Wellington and shut down the area around parliament. That’s what it’s for. Politics.

Do you think National would trespass them and send in the riot police?

It didn't just shut down the area around parliament though, it affected traffic and businesses throughout wider Wellington.
It’s the capital city whose whole economy is based around politics. If the population needs an outlet, let them blow off steam there.

If the resident don’t like it, don’t base yourself in the political capital of the country - next they will move next to a stadium and complain about the noise!

It’s the capital city whose whole economy is based around politics. If the population needs an outlet, let them blow off steam there.

If the resident don’t like it, don’t base yourself in the political capital of the country - next they will move next to a stadium and complain about the noise!
Nimbyism!

Sometimes your predilection for debating for the sake of debating makes you look a tad stupid

So the Maori party worked with National and got kicked out of parliament because of it, despite making gains for Maori that they more than likely wouldn't have, like this Act quoted. Now they are protesting because they aren't willing to work with National and they are making changes to this? I'm not sure even they know what they want?

So the Maori party worked with National and got kicked out of parliament because of it, despite making gains for Maori that they more than likely wouldn't have, like this Act quoted. Now they are protesting because they aren't willing to work with National and they are making changes to this? I'm not sure even they know what they want?
Errr.....not the racist bullshit that's in parliament setting nz back decades right now.

Back