Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winston = Attorney General. Seymour = Deputy pm. Ministerial roles for Jones and Van Velden and maybe Hoggard.

What pisses me off is half the country don't want what's actually best for the country.... they just want whoever the current government to fail so there's can get a turn.

That's what's happened for the last six years.... and now for however many years this one lasts.
Totally agree with you Miket12.
Winston = Attorney General. Seymour = Deputy pm. Ministerial roles for Jones and Van Velden and maybe Hoggard.
It will depend on what Winnie wants imo 😌

What pisses me off is half the country don't want what's actually best for the country.... they just want whoever the current government to fail so there's can get a turn.

That's what's happened for the last six years.... and now for however many years this one lasts.
Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a current party out there that is capable of doing what’s best for the country.

Agreed. I'm of the opinion that we should revamp the entire system starting with getting rid of most of our pollies and doubling the salaries of the others
What do we replace it with?

How do we get improvement when the issues are controlled by the crises chosen by the politicians themselves so distract from the real big hard issues that never get talked about?

I think system is screwed up; there is widespread disengagement (see low voter turnout and moves away from the main parties) but I can’t see an alternative being palatable.

Our society is being dumbed down and made into modern day slaves and the biggest problem is society is passively accepting this…

What do we replace it with?

How do we get improvement when the issues are controlled by the crises chosen by the politicians themselves so distract from the real big hard issues that never get talked about?

I think system is screwed up; there is widespread disengagement (see low voter turnout and moves away from the main parties) but I can’t see an alternative being palatable.

Our society is being dumbed down and made into modern day slaves and the biggest problem is society is passively accepting this…
Wouldn't improvement in the quality of future politicians be a step in the right direction

Wouldn't improvement in the quality of future politicians be a step in the right direction
Take your home town for example..... the council seem more interesting in fixing a problem which doesn't seem to even be an issue (supermarkets and off licenses selling booze before 10AM) while ignoring their own disfunction.

My wife came up with something quite interesting. Because there’s usually a cabinet reshuffle in 18 months time, offer the first 18 months to Winnie. Then offer the second 18 months to Seymour. If Seymour has decided by then that he doesn’t want the role, Winnie keeps it. If Winnie doesn’t want the role in 18 months time, Willis or another National MP gets promoted to the role.
Picked it!

My wife came up with something quite interesting. Because there’s usually a cabinet reshuffle in 18 months time, offer the first 18 months to Winnie. Then offer the second 18 months to Seymour. If Seymour has decided by then that he doesn’t want the role, Winnie keeps it. If Winnie doesn’t want the role in 18 months time, Willis or another National MP gets promoted to the role.
Can tell exactly what will happen now…

Winston will work collaboratively for the first 2 years. Then once he’s away from the leadership, he will manufacture shock horror about a whole lot of issues to differentiate NZ first from the government and then say next election he could might go Labour and is the central vote.

Winstons so predictable 🤣

You have to say Luxon has done a good job bringing this all together and in a fairly short 20 days. Very comprehensive coalition and policy agreements. Next step is the actions that follow all of this up.

You have to say Luxon has done a good job bringing this all together and in a fairly short 20 days. Very comprehensive coalition and policy agreements. Next step is the actions that follow all of this up.
And I believe the best parts of each party’s policies have been taken up with the worst parts discarded.

I’m positive heading forward… until Winston goes toxic in the 3rd year 🤣

I’m expecting good results for NZ.

So what is happening with the controversial foreign buyers tax policy 🤔

You've read the "comprehensive coalition and policy agreements" already?

Back