Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad you bought up children being slaughtered. Perhaps Chloe could be more vociferous about what is happening in her own backyard with yet another infant killed. Eerily silent...

The laughing emoji is because I found it quite funny that you post about freedom of speech looking for a bite and then get all up on your soap box about the actual conflict and Seymour.

It's ironic that you use your freedom of speech to post how butt hurt you are with Seymour using his freedom of speech about how butt hurt he is with Chloe using her freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of what you say.

It's telling that the Green party can't or won't come out and explain what she was meaning by her comments. Quite scary watching the ranting, vitriol from an extreme left wing politician.
She does quite well here https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/prog...ick-on-phrase-she-used-at-pro-palestine-event

And rightly points out both Hamas's attack and the ongoing Israeli attacks are horrendous.

Didn't I just explain the differences?
No, you really didn't. Other than to highlight with your rhetoric that you support one and not the other.
How about you explain to me
If you honestly think you have already addressed the differences there shouldn't be anything to explain. You haven't, but it's better for you to think a bit more critically about it than have someone to explain it to you. Its good for you.
You seem to need to desperately defend the weirdest things - NRL refs, Seymour... Truly odd :ROFLMAO:
This line here sums you up nicely. Good to see you have moved on from glib though. Does this kind of comment work on other people? Does it usually deflect from what is actually being talked about?

She does quite well here https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/prog...ick-on-phrase-she-used-at-pro-palestine-event

And rightly points out both Hamas's attack and the ongoing Israeli attacks are horrendous.
Her comments were quite rightly called out and quite rightly she gave much needed clarification on what she meant by them.

Interesting that she didn't say whether she would or wouldn't use that phrase again in the future despite acknowledging it distracts from the real conversation.

The Jewish councils response to Chloe's comments

Last edited:
No, you really didn't. Other than to highlight with your rhetoric that you support one and not the other.

If you honestly think you have already addressed the differences there shouldn't be anything to explain. You haven't, but it's better for you to think a bit more critically about it than have someone to explain it to you. Its good for you.

This line here sums you up nicely. Good to see you have moved on from glib though. Does this kind of comment work on other people? Does it usually deflect from what is actually being talked about?
You really aren't capable of articulating the point you are trying to make are you?

I very clearly explained the difference between the two...

and pretty clearly demonstrated my original point that Seymour is a very obvious hypocrite on the topic of free speech.

Keep acting like a glib man child.

You really aren't capable of articulating the point you are trying to make are you?

I very clearly explained the difference between the two...

and pretty clearly demonstrated my original point that Seymour is a very obvious hypocrite on the topic of free speech.

Keep acting like a glib man child.
There it is, I knew you could do it, can't resist the glib - I do like that you are throwing in man child now. Is that another thing that works for you on other people? And no you didn't clearly explain the difference between the two. Not even close.

Her comments were quite rightly called out and quite rightly she gave much needed clarification on what she meant by them.
As horrific as it was Chris bishop could also clarify his comparison of the attack by hamas to the holocaust. True that they are both attacks on the jewish community but one being the systematic slaughter of 6 million people doesn’t quite seem a fair comparison unless you’re trying to brand the other side as nazis. I have no problem with Israel seeking hamas for retribution of the attack on them but I do have a problem with that retribution being cast on refugee camps and ambulances like is being reported.

As horrific as it was Chris bishop could also clarify his comparison of the attack by hamas to the holocaust. True that they are both attacks on the jewish community but one being the systematic slaughter of 6 million people doesn’t quite seem a fair comparison unless you’re trying to brand the other side as nazis. I have no problem with Israel seeking hamas for retribution of the attack on them but I do have a problem with that retribution being cast on refugee camps and ambulances like is being reported.
I find the vast majority of comments comparing things to Nazis or the Holocaust are so far off its ridiculous. You really can't compare anything to those levels of atrocity - I hope we never get the chance to, ever.

Poor choice of words by Chris Bishop IMO:

“Hamas terrorists butchered women and children were in a rampage of violence and hate.

“Such barbarity has not been seen since the Holocaust.”

Luxon was right to call him on it.

There it is, I knew you could do it, can't resist the glib - I do like that you are throwing in man child now. Is that another thing that works for you on other people? And no you didn't clearly explain the difference between the two. Not even close.
Can you just explain the difference, for clarity?

I don't think Chloe is as naive as some claim, probably has a better grasp on the history than most. Why she chose to repeat that inflammatory phrase I don't know, it got attention but doesn't seem the wisest way to promote a peaceful solution.

We were constantly hearing before the Election that National and ACT were pro-landlords but imagine the uproar if they had proposed paying owners of Air BnB's $10,000 per house to instead shift to long term lease to help lessen the shortage of rental properties in West Australia. Makes you think that letting a landlord claim interest as an expense of $3,000 - $5,000 of his tax bill isn't the worse outcome after all....

We were constantly hearing before the Election that National and ACT were pro-landlords but imagine the uproar if they had proposed paying owners of Air BnB's $10,000 per house to instead shift to long term lease to help lessen the shortage of rental properties in West Australia. Makes you think that letting a landlord claim interest as an expense of $3,000 - $5,000 of his tax bill isn't the worse outcome after all....

One of the worst Labour policies to whack taxes on rental properties. It was obvious the result would be higher rent and less availability and then they are shocked when we have a severe housing crisis flowing through to homelessness, crime and poverty.

I would say unintended consequences of trying to do good but some of us predicted exactly what would happen 🤷‍♂️

Disappointing that the Right still cannot get a government together.
Nz is now open for business again according to Luxon but with no "strong and stable government " he keeps banging on about.
And even worse Luxon doesn't have any updates or ideas for the people who voted for him 🙄

Last edited:
Disappointing that the Right still cannot get a government together.
Nz is now open for business again according to Luxon but with no "strong and stable government " he keeps banging on about.
And even worse Luxon doesn't have any updates or ideas for the people who voted for him 🙄
It took Jacinda 33 days to form a government in 2017. To go longer than that, negations to form this government would need to go over the next weekend. I also don’t think a government can be formed until the final result of the three recounts are known.

It took Jacinda 33 days to form a government in 2017. To go longer than that, negations to form this government would need to go over the next weekend. I also don’t think a government can be formed until the final result of the three recounts are known.
Still disappointing whatever your take.
Her results weren't that good. Are we in for more of the same.

Really. If the negotiations were to be finalized tomorrow Luxon would be off to Apec. And Hipkins has been sworn in again as the PM.
Not a good look 😕

The question then needs to be asked, why did Hipkins call for an election so close to APEC when he would have had a pretty good idea on how long it would take to form a government? Scorched earth policy?
If you think that is a problem wtf didn't Luxon ask the same question

Back