Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Metcalf
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2023/round-13/warriors-vs-brisbane/summary.html
Obviously disappointed to lose Metcalf but hey we play a tough game.
Tmm looked good in NSW cup but you can be assured the difference between Cup and NRL is night and day.
Hopefully he can do the job.
first and foremost, I hope that the mental damage that could be done is zero or very minimal to Metcalf. It's a real tough break to be starting and then be taken out of the team for something that's not in your control. Not to mention getting back in the team is out of your control.

The instructions for any half that partners SJ should be pretty simple, make your tackles and make it so the defense sees you as another threat/option.

first and foremost, I hope that the mental damage that could be done is zero or very minimal to Metcalf. It's a real tough break to be starting and then be taken out of the team for something that's not in your control. Not to mention getting back in the team is out of your control.

The instructions for any half that partners SJ should be pretty simple, make your tackles and make it so the defense sees you as another threat/option.
Mirroring what TMM has just been through last season. Hopefully he comes back with no lingering long term effects. We need depth and competition for positions, particularly in the halves.

Great players like Ponga didn't last long in the 6 jersey .
Ponga is great because he creates for himself. And he needs space to do it. Hes not someone that is good with creating holes and space for others. Very much like RTS. TMM is a facilitator. He creates space and holes for others. That’s what a good half does. That’s partly why i wasnt a Metcalf fan.
Need to see it to believe it.

Ponga is great because he creates for himself. And he needs space to do it. Hes not someone that is good with creating holes and space for others. Very much like RTS. TMM is a facilitator. He creates space and holes for others. That’s what a good had does.
My point was Ponga was moved from being a 6 because of his lack of size in defence.
He was getting hammered at 6.
When you consider Ponga and Luke are reasonably small the guys like Wally was nearly 15 stone and Fittler was nearly 16 stone.
Equating to the current 6s they were huge

Oh, I didn’t know he was moved from 6 because of his defensive liabilities. I didnt think Ponga was all that small a guy
yep he is, odd thing about a lot of the players is they aren't big in terms of size other than NAS and the guy from the Eels. They are just thick in terms of muscle. I've ran into a number of Warriors and other players at Mt Smart and I'm 6 1 and I was much taller than they were.

yep he is, odd thing about a lot of the players is they aren't big in terms of size other than NAS and the guy from the Eels. They are just thick in terms of muscle. I've ran into a number of Warriors and other players at Mt Smart and I'm 6 1 and I was much taller than they were.
Breh if you 6 1 you're way above the average height so all these players will look small to you.

Breh if you 6 1 you're way above the average height so all these players will look small to you.
Luke about 13 stone.
Even back a few years ago 6s were much bigger.
Wally nearly 15 stone and Fittler nearly 16 .

Reactions: j_p
Just starting to sink in Luke is out for most of the season, dam shame, the Rog/Meltcalf/Ford edge was building quite nicely, just hope TMM and Chanel are up to the standard we've started out with. They could be better, but the footy gods have been cruel again, kia kaha brother Luke, see you in round 18 or whatever for the run home to minor prems.