NRL NRL Round 17, 2024 Discussion

Agree, Penrith are very good at it, I think the refs have been so conditioned to how they tackle 1 low 1 over the top and late 3rd flopper. When they get it wrong and the flopper is late it looks so similar to the norm they let it go.
Doggies have got it going this year (which is no surprise given the Penrith influence there) and look how it has improved there chances in games.
Tbh they are elite at it. It's right on the borderline where you could argue. But it's the seconds after which seems to be extra slow. That and the 10m is short where they are already great at with line speed. And the conditions. It's a horrible spectacle.

Tbh they are elite at it. It's right on the borderline where you could argue. But it's the seconds after which seems to be extra slow. That and the 10m is short where they are already great at with line speed. And the conditions. It's a horrible spectacle.
It is. My prediction is enough teams will adopt it out of necessity and the game will become so slow they will introduce another hairbrained rule to combat it.

Didn't the NRL bring in a rule that 3rd man in had to be first man to peel? What's happened to that?

Average play the ball speed

Panthers 3.19 seconds
Cowboys 3.65 seconds.

I guess we aren't fighting to get off the ground quick enough lol that is an enormous gap usually it is 0.2 at most in each game.

So are trips going to be 10 in the bin again... or only if it's against penrith
I'd imagine Purdue was binned due to the professional foul.

That was a tough passage for the Cowboys. I don't believe the head high on Sorensen was bad enough to be over-turned and that off-side call was complete game management.

Wasn't much anyone could do about the tackle in the air call, but that right there highlighted how dumb the rule was.

Yeah Jake, just watch him catch the ball and score.

the tackle in the air call, but that right there highlighted how dumb the rule was.
The tackle in the air rule is stupid.

Blues have utilised it this year with Lomax and I'm surprised it's taken this long.

The rule wasnt even needed, because they already had it that if you put them into a dangerous position then it's a penalty... now they're just saying that you should let them score

Blues have utilised it this year with Lomax and I'm surprised it's taken this long.

The rule wasnt even needed, because they already had it that if you put them into a dangerous position then it's a penalty... now they're just saying that you should let them score

Nah, that was dumb by Sorensen to blindly jump in the air like that. It’s also dangerous. Fair call penalising him.

But head contact or a shoulder charge to stop a try seems to be sweet as.

The rules and how they are enforced seems to be darts thrown at a spinning wheel at times.

Back