NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

Why the f do the commentators keep going on about the wind. Just said he "hasn't felt a wind stronger, short of a cyclone" 😂.
I've checked earlier and just now on Google weather and it's showing mid 30's km/h 🙄

I don't approve of kicking for two points penalty unless there are 30 seconds left in the half.
Rooster are going to regret not going for a try later in this match.
Always take a gift two points unless you are like the Warriors and are getting ref fucked so bad you need the one shot you are gonna get down their end.

The Roosters go into seasons backing their defence as good enough to wrestle with anyone, so eight points is very valuable when you are a safe defensive side capable of playing a twelve point and under game.

I thought 5m would be a pretty big difference to the width of the field but certainly didn't affect the points flowing. I certainly got that wrong, but I guess two teams that were mid table defensively last season. Be interesting to see if this next game follows the same script with two top 8 sides
A lot of it would have been fatigue with the ball being in play for so long. That and it being the first competition game with guys building match fitness.

The field goals at the end of the first half of the second game made me laugh. Like we need to hit all of the points listed in the Russell Crowe promotional video. Got the attempt for the 1 point and also the 2 point field goal attempt.

Always take a gift two points unless you are like the Warriors and are getting ref fucked so bad you need the one shot you are gonna get down their end.

The Roosters go into seasons backing their defence as good enough to wrestle with anyone, so eight points is very valuable when you are a safe defensive side capable of playing a twelve point and under game.
I predict Broncos will win this. And Rooster will regret kicking for two. If I am wrong I will take down my Darryl Mitchell is over rated avatar (even though he couldn't score a 50 in this test) and replace it with a Ravindra avatar.

A bit of a weird one as Collins stayed in the same place. If he ran forward he's offside as he is in front of the kicker. So he pretty much stood still.

Radley was more the issue he looked like he ran towards Collins out of habit but also looked like he wanted to hide behind him. Then stood next to him which makes them take up more space and create a wall.

Good call by the Broncos to challenge.

Back