NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

The experts all week. The field isn't as wide it will be tight. Get to the game, look at the number of tries. :LOL:

The referee let a lot go. If they do pick up a lot of American fans they will tune in later in the year. A wet game in a run down Sydney stadium with lots of whistle blowing for high shots that were ignored today and think what is this shit.

Mates in the crowd sitting next to some yanks who have never watched a game in their life and they’re absolutely buzzing. He said the crowds similar to magic round but much more lyrical. He also sent me a picture of his beer can which was around 1L for the same price of a lion red at Mount smart..

Early signs looking good for these Vegas games, will be interesting to see the TV audience numbers.
I’ll do my told you so lap now.

Americans love baseball, which is more boring than cricket. Of course they’ll love league once they get to see it.

The experts all week. The field isn't as wide it will be tight. Get to the game, look at the number of tries. :LOL:

The referee let a lot go. If they do pick up a lot of American fans they will tune in later in the year. A wet game in a run down Sydney stadium with lots of whistle blowing for high shots that were ignored today and think what is this shit.
I thought 5m would be a pretty big difference to the width of the field but certainly didn't affect the points flowing. I certainly got that wrong, but I guess two teams that were mid table defensively last season. Be interesting to see if this next game follows the same script with two top 8 sides

There were sports in Biblical times, not one rates a mention in the good book because God if ever there was one would not look kindly on the word being tied into people engaging in human entertainment.
Plenty of references to the sports in the Colosseum. Being a martyr was like getting the Dally M

I don't approve of kicking for two points penalty unless there are 30 seconds left in the half.
Rooster are going to regret not going for a try later in this match.

Back