Sports Black Caps

My team played against him earlier in the season (I wasn't playing), it's fair to say he went OK.

Screenshot_20240125_223938.jpg

So the test side is named, I still won't be selecting Ravindra.

1 T Latham
2 D Conway
3 K Williamson
4 D Mitchell
5 G Phillips
6 T Blundell wk
7 M Santner
8 K Jamieson
9 M Henry
10 N Wagner
11 T Southee c

12 R Ravindra

I always thought Conway is more suited to the 3,4 spot in tests.

Has he always been an opener or did we put him there originally because that was the only spot available in the top order when Rosco was still around.

Probably no point moving him because no one is knocking the door down to open.

First test 4th of feb sunday at the mount
Second test 13th feb seddon park

Guess Ajaz Patel is strictly a sub continent spinner.

Got to be rough for the dude continously not being picked for home conditions after good performances. 6/57 in his last Test innings helping bowl NZ to a victory.....not good enough for the next game lol....especially for Santner who as a red ball spinner is just meh. I get the 4 seamer philosiphy in NZ but i wouldve thought Phillips and Ravindra couldve tied up an end if thats all they want a spinner at home to do.

Glad both Ravindra and ORourke are in the mix. ORourke for Wagner for mine......time to give the young uns a run.

Think the modern player is used to having to switch between formats, playing Test cricket after a diet of T20s is pretty much the norm these days, May not be the best preparation but its the way it is.

1. Conway
2. Latham
3. Williamson
4. Ravindra
5. Mitchell
6. Phillips
7. Blundell
8. Jamieson
9. Southee
10. Henry
11. ORourke

Nathan Smith if he could improve by 20% could be up for that Neesham role in the ODI side.

He has a gorgeous batting technique that leaves me quite breathless as a fan

Reminder U19s on tomorrow night

The poor guys all fans will be watching them. Hope they dont get nervous

Think the modern player is used to having to switch between formats, playing Test cricket after a diet of T20s is pretty much the norm these days, May not be the best preparation but its the way it is.

1. Conway
2. Latham
3. Williamson
4. Ravindra
5. Mitchell
6. Phillips
7. Blundell
8. Jamieson
9. Southee
10. Henry
11. ORourke
I really really really like this side. Lots of bowling options for the 5th bowler duty, you can go with Mitchell's medium pace, or Glenn's floaty off spin or Ravindra's faster left arm orthodox. Am doing him a favour by not calling them darts but it doesn't flight it much to be fair. Still he knows his role and if he can get one to turn at his pace it will be a wicket taking delivery.
Rachin has more of a head for bowling than he does for batting at his current age and it will take until he is 26 (another two years) before we see what he can really do as a batsman. I really wish he would get picked up as the overseas pro for a county cricket gig just so he can play cricket every day and make lots of mistakes.

Back