Social A Weighty Issue

Wrighty Wrighty - where are you at?

This could be your week for closing the gap a little.

Had some real hunger urges for the first time in at least 8 weeks - lasted a couple of days and then dissapeared. Also ended up with an infection just as I have had the all clear to start light exercising.... grrr

so, have had a slight increase to 100.6kg nothing major and could just be a natural fluctuation.

Wrighty Wrighty - where are you at?

This could be your week for closing the gap a little.

Had some real hunger urges for the first time in at least 8 weeks - lasted a couple of days and then dissapeared. Also ended up with an infection just as I have had the all clear to start light exercising.... grrr

so, have had a slight increase to 100.6kg nothing major and could just be a natural fluctuation.
As of the morning I am 104.8kgs

So you are still defending your lead against me but I am on the leaderboard keeping you honest !!!

Cheat/loading weekend started today with coffee and croissants. Wanted to be under 105kg before starting it but was 200g over it.

Worse than that, S set her goal and she was 200g under it. LOL.

Cheat/loading weekend started today with coffee and croissants. Wanted to be under 105kg before starting it but was 200g over it.

Worse than that, S set her goal and she was 200g under it. LOL.
How are you for hunger urges. I've been limiting/watching my portion sizes and what I'm eating. Been pretty good but get odd days were I'm hungry all of a sudden or craving some of my old favorites.

How are you for hunger urges. I've been limiting/watching my portion sizes and what I'm eating. Been pretty good but get odd days were I'm hungry all of a sudden or craving some of my old favorites.
I usually drink more water and/or eat some celery. Don’t know how true it is but I was once told that celery is the world’s only negative food because it takes more energy to consume it than the energy it provides to the body.

I seriously believe sleep is a major key to health and weight.

How many of you on this challenge generally sleep well and get your 8 hours?
Sleep is incredibly important. Usually can get between 7-8 hours a night. Have had trouble sleeping previously so have investigated a few things to help. Air conditioning to get the temp around 18 degrees, blackout blinds, routine before sleeping, eating and drinking habits, a machine that plays rain noise, an exercise that helps resets me if I'm having trouble getting to sleep - My mind has trouble stopping thinking about things a lot of the time so I find that helpful. One thing that I need to do but haven't is reduce screen time particularly on my phone.

Last edited:
Sleep is incredibly important. Usually can get between 7-8 hours a night. Have had trouble sleeping previously so have investigated a few things to help. Air conditioning to get the temp around 18 degrees, routine before sleeping, eating and drinking habits, a machine that plays rain noise, an exercise that helps resets me if I'm having trouble getting to sleep - My mind has trouble stopping thinking about things a lot of the time so I find that helpful. One thing that I need to do but haven't is reduce screen time particularly on my phone.
Tried zopicline or melatonin, anything like that?

I used to get by on very little sleep- anything over 4 hours was “acceptable” as I got older though prioritised sleep and can usually get a solid 8 hours. Change in mental health in particular has improved dramatically, exercise during the day helps, trying to physically go to bed 9-10 hours before I want to wake up and reading tends to work for me. Mind used to wander and stress about what I had to achieve the next day but trained my self to 100% switch off when my work day ended, made a diary of what I had to do the next day then switch off- if anything popped in my head after I make a note in my phone and set an alarm for during my work day to check it. Try to avoid devices but if you do use them turn off blue light in settings and if I’m struggling I have some melatonin and lavender sleep spray that usually knocks me out in about 30mins

I used to get by on very little sleep- anything over 4 hours was “acceptable” as I got older though prioritised sleep and can usually get a solid 8 hours. Change in mental health in particular has improved dramatically, exercise during the day helps, trying to physically go to bed 9-10 hours before I want to wake up and reading tends to work for me. Mind used to wander and stress about what I had to achieve the next day but trained my self to 100% switch off when my work day ended, made a diary of what I had to do the next day then switch off- if anything popped in my head after I make a note in my phone and set an alarm for during my work day to check it. Try to avoid devices but if you do use them turn off blue light in settings and if I’m struggling I have some melatonin and lavender sleep spray that usually knocks me out in about 30mins
One exercise I have found works pretty much all the time if I am really struggling to get to sleep (you know those nights where you are feeling like you are just never going to fall asleep) is the following:

1. Sit up straight on the edge of the bed looking straight ahead
2. Keeping your body still, Turn just your head slowly to the left looking as far left behind you as you can. Then slowly do the same to the right.
3. Next looking straight forward, keep your head still and with just moving your eyes look as far to the left as you can. Hold there until you yawn or a loud sigh happens. Can take up to 2 minutes. Usually only takes around 20 seconds for me. Do the same looking right.
4. Then Repeat step 2. You should find you can look further behind you now also.

And that's it. Can't remember who I heard it from but said it resets your nervous system or something and i thought it was a load of shit but it works. A number of times I have done it and thought that hasn't worked then next minute I'm waking up hours later.

Anyway, seems to work for me.

One exercise I have found works pretty much all the time if I am really struggling to get to sleep (you know those nights where you are feeling like you are just never going to fall asleep) is the following:

1. Sit up straight on the edge of the bed looking straight ahead
2. Keeping your body still, Turn just your head slowly to the left looking as far left behind you as you can. Then slowly do the same to the right.
3. Next looking straight forward, keep your head still and with just moving your eyes look as far to the left as you can. Hold there until you yawn or a loud sigh happens. Can take up to 2 minutes. Usually only takes around 20 seconds for me. Do the same looking right.
4. Then Repeat step 2. You should find you can look further behind you now also.

And that's it. Can't remember who I heard it from but said it resets your nervous system or something and i thought it was a load of shit but it works. A number of times I have done it and thought that hasn't worked then next minute I'm waking up hours later.

Anyway, seems to work for me.
Worth a try, what could go wrong

images.jpeg-93.jpg

Back