• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
barnett.png

Player Mitch Barnett

Date of Birth
Apr 15, 1994
Birth Location
Taree, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Height (cm)
187 cm
Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
  2. Second Row
  3. Lock
Nickname
Barny
Warrior #
NRL Debut Date
Aug 10, 2015
NRL Debut Details
2015, Round 22, Canberra Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Newcastle Knights
Junior Club/s
Wingham Tigers
Previous Club/s
Canberra Raiders, Newcastle Knights
Rep Honours
  1. NSW (SOO)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Barnett
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/mitchell-barnett/summary.html
This with the arrival of JFH will demand a great work ethic to our young guys coming through
The bit I don't get is that this was a big part of the reason Capewell and RTS were bought in. To help set examples of how to be professional players. Now, what does that say about our existing players and leaders in the team? How bad does AW think our current culture is? How many of these 'professional example' type of players can you afford to carry in your team? Seems like we have gone to far towards bland.

This isn't specifically related to JFH by the way. He is a great player that will also provide that professionalism example as a bonus

NZWarriors.com
The bit I don't get is that this was a big part of the reason Capewell and RTS were bought in. To help set examples of how to be professional players. Now, what does that say about our existing players and leaders in the team? How bad does AW think our current culture is? How many of these 'professional example' type of players can you afford to carry in your team? Seems like we have gone to far towards bland.

This isn't specifically related to JFH by the way. He is a great player that will also provide that professionalism example as a bonus
Think it was a big ask that those guys just come into a new system and pick it up and we strive ahead, in a perfect world perhaps. Think they’re potentially having the desired effect to training and off the field but may not have transferred onto it yet?

Yeah but who are they brought in to set examples for exactly ?

I understand if it’s a young team but this team is already stacked with so much experience. The addition of RTS and Capewell tipped the scales in the wrong direction unfortunately.

Say we had Laban / Halasima / Zyon Maiu’u and Ali / MGT filling those minutes I reckon this season is very different…

Too many snr egos to now manage…. Capewell getting a Qld call up doesn’t help either

I reckon there are massive egos in this team that need pampering and it’s not just AFB …..

May not be just the professional example in training and work ethics off the field, more actual game knowledge and nous on it. Can't say Capewell's made a huge contribution due to his injuries, except the Cows game where he stood out in defence.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Mitch Barnett appreciation post!

Since going in to NSW camp Barnett's numbers for the last 4 games have been insane.

2 tries
2 try assists
2 line breaks, 2 line break assists
9 offloads
19 tackle breaks
139 tackles (34 per game)
4 missed tackles (1 per game)
704 meters run (176 per game)
0 penalties
22 kick meters 🤣

Absolutely insane numbers. All on top of being a new dad a few weeks ago....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I know we had Capewell in Origin already. So it shows you can come here and won't be forgotten.

He had already played Origin though. Barnett getting called up is special though as it is someone who has arrived here and it is his improvement in form that has gotten him priced. It has been a while since we have recruited an Australian and their form here has improved this much.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement