Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I like Terrell, but I don't think I like him enough to then have Taylan block a Sio Kali or Ali from FG. He’s also a knob. (“Pain” and a broken heart tattoo under each eye? Really??) Tyrone is also a hard pass assuming the NRL would even register his contract

Also, if family is so important to the May's that they would leave where they are at a drop of a hat to play with each other, I can’t see them then leaving their parents/extended fam' in Syndey

I think it was before his first season here where all the players and there partners got together at the bar at mt smart I think it was. The were asking the players who's the funniest and pretty much every single one named him.
I think we have recruited well on characters as well as the ability side of things, the last few seasons.

And now they have added a couple of pros to that lot in RTS, and Capewell.

I think we have recruited well on characters as well as the ability side of things, the last few seasons.

And now they have added a couple of pros to that lot in RTS, and Capewell.
I think I heard someone on here mention a few years back pre covid, 1 of the players mentioned how after training and games everyone just goes home and does their own thing. Now it seems like they're actually bonding and making friends which is just as important in a team sport. I think it was either Walker or Egan talking about this being a good summer and getting to go out to the beach with a few of the boys and their families.

I think I heard someone on here mention a few years back pre covid, 1 of the players mentioned how after training and games everyone just goes home and does their own thing. Now it seems like they're actually bonding and making friends which is just as important in a team sport. I think it was either Walker or Egan talking about this being a good summer and getting to go out to the beach with a few of the boys and their families.
All the ingredients for success are there at the moment isn't it! I just can't fathom how some pundits see us falling off a cliff.

Thought it was interesting when they were asked about goals for the year and Jazz never mentioned trying to earn a contract extension. Something feels like this could be his last season
That would be hard to say goodbye to jazz, He brings more than just his footy, but he needs to play a bit smarter in at the back end. I hope it goes his way this year and gives webby some more headaches.

That would be hard to say goodbye to jazz, He brings more than just his footy, but he needs to play a bit smarter in at the back end. I hope it goes his way this year and gives webby some more headaches.
I would love for him to show there’s a place as a small middle forward like Reuben cotter. Lot of thinking for the brains on the best way to go forward with our front rowers after AFB

If Terrell May re-signs it'll be interesting to see if they retain their younger forward stocks at the Roosters. They're so stacked that when JWH returns, Naufahu Whyte will likely miss out on their 17 along with Angus Crichton & Egan Butcher. Xavier Va'a is another hot prospect on their books & Foxeti looked like an axe in the trials. None fit into the experienced Prop category that we're after but if some of them move clubs then that could create additional movement from a slightly older bloke who is looking for more minutes elsewhere

I sort of feel that players like Jazz are necessary in crap teams, crap clubs - still need that guy trying his hardest for the jersey.

But, in a stacked team that is looking to dominate, you have to get into your work, mistake free. I find his worst trait is trying to niggle, there's no need for it when you can get yourself on top by just playing.