NRL NRL Naughty chair

Going to be very interesting to see how they handle Leniu; If the starting point is Montoyas 5 weeks for what he said then..

Less than Montoya:
- He is a Roosters player, not a Warriors player, it's a bit of a meme, but I have little doubt if it were one of Uncle Nick's boys it would have been a week or two shorter.
- What Leniu allegedly said wasn't caught on the TV broadcast

More than Montoya:
+ It happened at the NRL big showcase, instead of the TV shows talking up how good Vegas was this week, they will be talking about Leniu
+ The amount of Indigenous Australians in the NRL far far outweighs the amount of gay players. and the gay players there are (there is definitely a couple out there) aren't public. the demographic will matter
+ His "Fun and games" reaction post-match.. what a bellend
+ They now have players (and big names at that) putting this out there..

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 11.36.38 AM.png

Considering how hard they have come down on fans saying shit from the stands (and rightly so), if Leniu was caught on a mic somewhere he is well and truly fucked. imo 8 as a starting point.. Wouldn't be surprised to see even an indefinite ban, something like a secret 6 weeks minimum, but it will extended longer if he doesn't do certain things sort of thing, a la Draymond Green.

Everyone is losing their minds at me calling Mam a soft bitch. Then they call me racist, then I tell em I’m African.

Facts.
  • Monkey is not a derogatory word
  • You have to prove racial discrimination
  • Leniu is not white
I think it’s a beat up, Mam should have focused on his shit game, the Broncos can’t handle losing.

Happy to leave this here.

Just because it's not derogatory to you doesn't mean it's not racist

Leniu is an idiot.

He proved what a loose cannon he is when he refused to come off the field last year after flaring up against JWH. It seems whenever someone can get under his thin skin he turns into a right goose. I'm glad he is the Rooster's problem.

Racism isn't as simple as black and white. It should never happen in professional sport and it was a bad end to a great game.

More important than any suspension dished out is that those two work it out between themselves as there was obviously a lot of back and forth thrown, none of which got picked up for us to hear what went down.

He proved what a loose cannon he is when he refused to come off the field last year after flaring up against JWH. It seems whenever someone can get under his thin skin he turns into a right goose. I'm glad he is the Rooster's problem.
Which lends more credence to him being an offensive hothead rather than specifically racist. Which is a high bar.

Surely the NRL have to do something about Leniu, he actually looks like he has a screw loose or mental health problems.

That shit with JWH was pretty crazy watching it live, and then he goes off on Mam after the game? Seems like at worst, he has a massive anger problem and literally isn't able to control himself.

I think he's a massive liability for the Roosters and am guessing a lot of players are going to target him and try to get under his skin. Hope Jazz and Walker give him arseholes when we play them

Surely the NRL have to do something about Leniu, he actually looks like he has a screw loose or mental health problems.

That shit with JWH was pretty crazy watching it live, and then he goes off on Mam after the game? Seems like at worst, he has a massive anger problem and literally isn't able to control himself.

I think he's a massive liability for the Roosters and am guessing a lot of players are going to target him and try to get under his skin. Hope Jazz and Walker give him arseholes when we play them
No, Courier Sports reported he went after Mam, other outlets are reporting differently

Come on man, Gordy, Spud heaps of blokes back in the day turned into borderline crazy people on the field.
Saying he could have mental health problems is a little extreme.
James Hooper said on 360 after getting to know him through the promotion works done a few weeks before the game, he said he was the total opposite off the field.
Not saying he hasn’t blown a gasket or 2 but he’s just one of those extremely volatile players on the field.

Come on man, Gordy, Spud heaps of blokes back in the day turned into borderline crazy people on the field.
Saying he could have mental health problems is a little extreme.
James Hooper said on 360 after getting to know him through the promotion works done a few weeks before the game, he said he was the total opposite off the field.
Not saying he hasn’t blown a gasket or 2 but he’s just one of those extremely volatile players on the field.

Yeah fair enough, I don't know enough about him to make that kinda comment.
And was a bit too young to see Tallis or Spud, but since I've been watching League I can't remember any player who was that enraged that he wouldnt listen to a ref (post incident) or his team mates like that. Pretty sure I haven't heard of a player who allegedly racially abusing someone on field then finding them later on and then kicking off at them...

Back