Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have had CRONIC labour shortages in every industry.

We went to far one way and are now heading to far the other.

We need a long term planned immigration policy instead of the looseness now.
Need pollies with a spine. I would have thought ship building would have been of relative importance to NZ... Race/Luxury/Military

Need pollies with a spine. I would have thought ship building would have been of relative importance to NZ... Race/Luxury/Military
It is but the market would be tight in this economy.
We are a leader in recreational boats especially alloy pontoon boats. Several established builders exporting world wide, mostly from Invercargill.

Serves em right too, people should be collecting and drinking their own water. If you want to rely on a resource that is going to be split between more and more people the cost will increase as the population grows.
Of course you could increase infrastructure with population growth but.......
This is exactly what three waters was proposed to solve. Agree with the increase infra bit :)

This is exactly what three waters was proposed to solve. Agree with the increase infra bit :)
Sounds great in theory, not in practice.
Having lived on only tank water, a family will need to be able to store at least 15000 gallons or they will run dry. How do you do that in multi unit developments with no backyard to speak of, or apartments?

i mean, he’s such a slimy little weasel but everyone piping up about him cancelling free lunches when they KNEW it was coming to an end and there was no plans ormoney for it to be continued anyway is a fucking outrage.
It wasn't coming to an end. Esp if they see the policy working. This type of budgeting happens constantly with the NZ govt of all flavours.

It wasn't coming to an end. Esp if they see the policy working. This type of budgeting happens constantly with the NZ govt of all flavours.
sure,
but for those politicians claiming he was cancelling something that was a given going forward when they knew that wasn’t the case is shit.

the covid money was all spent and school lunches beyond this year were not in labours budget.

i have zero doubt they would have been continued though, more than likely in a version closer to what seymour says he will deliver.
downsized and more targeted.

sure,
but for those politicians claiming he was cancelling something that was a given going forward when they knew that wasn’t the case is shit.

the covid money was all spent and school lunches beyond this year were not in labours budget.

i have zero doubt they would have been continued though, more than likely in a version closer to what seymour says he will deliver.
downsized and more targeted.
More targeted? Fucking give me a break. They just removed the funding for the StatsNZ data collection. The new version will be shit. It should be expanded not shrunk.

I should have said, any new programme Seymour is involved in will be worse. He doesn't believe in the policy. Also, the current policy is targeted.
From the data that has been reported it appears to be one of the most effective/efficient policies we have as far as targeting and wastage.

More targeted? Fucking give me a break. They just removed the funding for the StatsNZ data collection. The new version will be shit. It should be expanded not shrunk.
free school lunches ARE being continued.
under labours plan they WERE NOT.

i can tell you there’s hundreds of kids at naenae college that apparently have money for pies and energy drinks before and after school, but not for lunches? i would assume many parts of the country are similar.

is that $20 a day on junk food?
tons of kids across the country don’t NEED free lunches.

i do think free lunches are great and everyone should be entitled to them, but i also don’t think people who spend their rent money on pokies should have their rent paid by the government.

at some point we need to learn to be responsible for ourselves.

i can tell you there’s hundreds of kids at naenae college that apparently have money for pies and energy drinks before and after school, but not for lunches?

i do think free lunches are great and everyone should be entitled to them, but i also don’t think people who spend their rent money on pokies should have their rent paid by the government.

I thought you weren't allowed within 500 meters of schools, why are you hanging outside Naenae college? ;)

i can tell you there’s hundreds of kids at naenae college that apparently have money for pies and energy drinks before and after school, but not for lunches? i would assume many parts of the country are similar.

The policy would have been further funded had labour retained power.
Sure, there are probably lots of kids that don't need it. But there are 1000s and 1000s of kids that do. Principles and teachers have said the policy has been helping.
The rest of your rant is weird. On the one had free lunches are good, but also kids are buying junk food and we should be responsible for ourselves. Lol.
WE do have a junk food problem. But this is a different area for targeting.

One reason to expand the lunches in school program is knowing that kids will be eating a healthy main meal.
I don't know if you've seen parent provided lunches, but lots of parents think packet food is a good source of nutrition.

Back