Sports UFC / MMA

Thought Strickland pulled off a narrow win, first few rounds ok pace and strong jab game, Du Plessis face showed a few clean shots.

Du Plessis awesome engine but didn’t do enough to be champ for me.

Should be rematch, but feel it’s Izzy Return
Yeah I was surprised at Du Plessis hand being raised but he did even things out….

Kudos to Strickland for not dropping his lip.

I don’t think he’ll remain champ for long, as much as Im not a big fan of Izzy I think he would clean the South African up, I didn’t see enough from him to be beat Izzy.

Otherwise a rematch and Strickland wins.

Its the first PPV I haven't purchased in a while. I feel like if you buy fighcards that bad the UFC will keep serving that quality up.

I watched the JRE fight companion. They spent half the fight talking about covid vaccine side effects!
Why are you even listening to JRE. He's a right wing nut. If he wasn't paid millions by Spotify you bet he's going to be spouting off like Alex Jones and Mike Pillow.

Has Ufc become stale?... I use to love ufc, it was dynamic and had characters but last couple years everyone just seems the same.

Has Ufc become stale?... I use to love ufc, it was dynamic and had characters but last couple years everyone just seems the same.
If you want characters go watch WWE. Last couple of years are where all the kiwi fighters have been doing quiet well.

I rather not have criminals like McGregor and Masvidal polluting my time.

I think one of the issues the UFC brand is now the selling point - not creating stars to sell PPV and ticket.
Case in point yesterdays card - grossed $7m - x 3 the last gates at that arena.

Why are you even listening to JRE. He's a right wing nut. If he wasn't paid millions by Spotify you bet he's going to be spouting off like Alex Jones and Mike Pillow.
I was a bit lost not watching the fights but still wanted an update on the fights.
They also spent a good portion sniffing smelling salts. Was truly odd.

If you want characters go watch WWE. Last couple of years are where all the kiwi fighters have been doing quiet well.

I rather not have criminals like McGregor and Masvidal polluting my time.
Gee how long have you been watching UFC🤣... I'm talking about someone like Anderson Silva who can take someone's back in the last dying seconds in the fifth Rd after losing all rounds up until that point in a title fight... Now that's fucken character... Bone Jones prob my all time fave

Gee how long have you been watching UFC🤣... I'm talking about someone like Anderson Silva who can take someone's back in the last dying seconds in the fifth Rd after losing all rounds up until that point in a title fight... Now that's fucken character... Bone Jones prob my all time fave
You said last couple of years, I took it at face value. If you said 10 years then that's a different story aye?

You said last couple of years, I took it at face value. If you said 10 years then that's a different story aye?
last couple/few seasons has become stale, well for me anyway... It use to have champs and challengers who were dynamic and unpredictable and you got excited to watch... I watched yesterdays fight and tbh I couldn't care less who won or loss, the result was pretty much how I thought it would end.... at this point in time its like heavy weight boxing after the Tyson/ Evander era.... Same same.... maybe its just me🤣

last couple/few seasons has become stale, well for me anyway... It use to have champs and challengers who were dynamic and unpredictable and you got excited to watch... I watched yesterdays fight and tbh I couldn't care less who won or loss, the result was pretty much how I thought it would end.... at this point in time its like heavy weight boxing after the Tyson/ Evander era.... Same same.... maybe its just me🤣
Yesterday's fights were crap. The prelims had better fights.

The problem with MMA are the rules, so many things you can't do and they all favour wrestlers and BJJ practitioners. 12-6 elbow would fix so many things.

But bro, just watch Inoue fights and you should be happy.

That first Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen fight was epic. Sonnen got him down for 4.5 rounds and then got choked. So close to the title.

It is that sort of crazy shit that kept me coming back to watch. Guys commentators would hype as un-submittable would get sub'd or heavy favourites knocked out.

I first started getting into MMA when they brought Pride. I was thinking wrestling was more value for money as you can tell how long the show would go for. I remember seeing a picture of Cro Cop getting KO'd with his own medicine and crumpled up on the floor. Decided I'll get an upcoming show. Got the Liddell vs Rampage fight and I was hooked.

I didn't know about prelims as back then they'd sometimes show earlier fights to fill in time. I just thought they were bringing guys out to fight. I think my first show only had one fight go to a decision and the fights I'd download were often 1-2 rounds. I thought it was nearly impossible to go the distance. Know differently now as I've sat through some stinkers.

Yeah first time I watched MMA paid 25 bucks PPV skytv, late 90s I think it was... Way to much wrestling for me at the time, can't really say I remember much, lot of drugs and alcohol back then... Probably mid to late 2000s when I got hooked and is pretty much the UFC we see today... I'll still keep a eye on who's fighting but I'm just not as enthused as I once was..

Maybe ten years of warriors sucking the UFC was like a surrogate 🤣

I can't recall what price the PPV's were when I was watching pretty much every PPV. They have shot up quite a bit.

Even some of the local ones I look at the price and think they can't be drawing in that many viewers at those prices.

Here in NZ we seem to be jumping on the PPV market whereas in other parts of the world it has matured. They also have a higher population. Like traditional broadcasting, the PPV market does seem to be changing.

I can't recall what price the PPV's were when I was watching pretty much every PPV. They have shot up quite a bit.

Even some of the local ones I look at the price and think they can't be drawing in that many viewers at those prices.

Here in NZ we seem to be jumping on the PPV market whereas in other parts of the world it has matured. They also have a higher population. Like traditional broadcasting, the PPV market does seem to be changing.
They were 29.95 in the early 2010s

Started going up in the Conor by $5 - now $39.95

We're lucky compared to the US where they are $79.95, imagine paying that for Saturdays card.

Have you guys seen the latest on Jon Jones?

When you look at his career and out of the cage incidents. He doesn't do boring.

Have you guys seen the latest on Jon Jones?

When you look at his career and out of the cage incidents. He doesn't do boring.

Read that article also

Truth must lie in the middle somewhere
He having a party at his pad and then surprise visit

Back