International New Zealand Kiwis

It’ll be Cayless won’t it?
World Cup winning captain- current nz A coach- mana both sides of the Tasman.
Yea id like to see Cayless, supported by Webster and Marshall. Reckon theyd be a good coaching group.

I reckon Bennett could be a chance if NZRL perused him. He’s coached the poms and been Kiwis assistant, give him the top job and put Stacey as assistant to learn off him.
I think we need to think way more long term than that.

I'm kidding mostly but imagine Cleary and Webby back together.

I have never defended the NZRL.

My hatred of them goes back to the eighties when they sacked Lowe and they banned Kevin Tamati for smashing over Australias hard man after he called Kevins mother a black bitch and head butted him in the face....of course Kevin being a Maori gave that bastard a thrashing that put him in hospital in a head cast.

I digress....the NZRL are correct to identify a conflict of interest given the war for eligibility and the cheating Aussie system that is origin and the tier two system which leaves us the only beggars at the state banquet.

What do people expect the NZRL to do? lie down and have the Kiwis as a second project for the main game? any red blooded Australian is going to pick Origin interests over NZ interests and I do not blame someone like Madge for that.

Yes we are losing a good coach, however the Kiwis are very strong, and a dream job for any coach.

Test coaching is different to the NRL. The players already know what to do. Provided you do not appoint an incompetent....any coach with common sense can drive a Kiwis side like this to win.

Stephen Kearney, New Zealand's greatest ever coach is case and point.

There are seventeen coaches in the NRL, there are four coaches at the Warriors.

I am glad Blues Maguire has been told to piss off.

Harden up you lot, this Kiwis side could thrash all of the NRL sides, we do not need Albert Einstein to drive that bus, just someone competent.

Last edited:
I have never defended the NZRL.

My hatred of them goes back to the eighties when they sacked Lowe and they banned Kevin Tamati for smashing over Australias hard man after he called Kevins mother a black bitch and head butted him in the face....of course Kevin being a Maori gave that bastard a thrashing that put him in hospital in a head cast.
Never tell a Maori his mother is a black bitch, you will get knocked the fuck out.

I digress....the NZRL are correct to identify a conflict of interest given the war for eligibility and the cheating Aussie system that is origin and the tier two system which leaves us the only beggars at the state banquet.

What do people expect the NZRL to do? lie down and have the Kiwis as a second project for the main game? any red blooded Australian is going to pick Origin interests over NZ interests and I do not blame someone like Madge for that.

Yes we are losing a good coach, however the Kiwis are very strong, and a dream job for any coach.

Test coaching is different to the NRL. The players already know what to do. Provided you do not appoint and incompetent....any coach with common sense can drive a Kiwis side like this to win.

Stephen Kearney, New Zealand's greatest ever coach is case and point.

There are seventeen coaches in the NRL, there are four coaches at the Warriors.

I am glad Blues Maguire has been told to piss off.

Harden up you lot, this Kiwis side could thrash all of the NRL sides, we do not need Albert Einstein to drive that bus, just someone competent.
At heart I agree with everything you said Sup. It about as much of my distrust of the NZRL as it is about getting a coach to do the job. I feel we will be ok. I just have massive kidwell syndrome lol.

Would love for Stacey or Cayless to take the job, The new core senior leadership group under JFH looks solid so like you said as long as everyone stays happy we should be all good.

Will interesting to see who turns out for the Maori All Stars, this also helps provide depth and continuity for the Kiwis. I realise not all go on to play for the Kiwis, a good portion do.

Will interesting to see who turns out for the Maori All Stars, this also helps provide depth and continuity for the Kiwis. I realise not all go on to play for the Kiwis, a good portion do.
Always felt the Maori All Stars was a tool to keep the Aussie Kiwis happy enough to not represent the Kiwis. You cant represent the Kiwis but you can represent the Maoris (which makes you a kiwi) but play our State of O

Back