NRL NRL Round 4, 2024 Discussion

On the Titans discussions. It will be interesting to see how long they have patience with Hasler. They didn't last long with Holbrook.

Then if they recruit the team Hasler wants and it doesn't work out. When they part ways what shape their salary cap is in and if there ends up being employment or court cases.

He's had payouts and legal action against the Dogs and Manly hasn't he?

Left both clubs having to sort out their salary caps.

the nrl ladder is meaningless at this point of the season. For goodness sake, the Dolphins are equal 1st at the moment. We all know they are a bottom 4 side this year. We are at a stage where all teams are going through injuries and consequently trying to do their best with their depth to remain competitive. It won't be at least another month I think before it becomes clear who are the contenders, who are fringe 8 sides and who are bottom 4 sides. It's just hilarious how schizophrenic the aussie media was in declaring manly, roosters and cowboys as definite top 4 sides based on the first 3 weeks. This week all three of those sides were exposed as having severe defensive frailties and many rungs below the top 2 (Penrith and Brisbane). Canberra also looked like world beaters before coming to Christchurch, but have failed to show they can match it with fellow contenders (Us and Cronulla) on the back of two successive losses for them. No one wins the premiership in the first month of the competition.

the nrl ladder is meaningless at this point of the season. For goodness sake, the Dolphins are equal 1st at the moment. We all know they are a bottom 4 side this year. We are at a stage where all teams are going through injuries and consequently trying to do their best with their depth to remain competitive. It won't be at least another month I think before it becomes clear who are the contenders, who are fringe 8 sides and who are bottom 4 sides. It's just hilarious how schizophrenic the aussie media was in declaring manly, roosters and cowboys as definite top 4 sides based on the first 3 weeks. This week all three of those sides were exposed as having severe defensive frailties and many rungs below the top 2 (Penrith and Brisbane). Canberra also looked like world beaters before coming to Christchurch, but have failed to show they can match it with fellow contenders (Us and Cronulla) on the back of two successive losses for them. No one wins the premiership in the first month of the competition.
Yes and No.

Except for the Dophins and maybe Canberra replaced by us and Broncos, that’s your 8 there.

My condolences to Manly and Newcastle for missing the 8.

1711890795831.jpeg

Nothing formal - but not a great look.

Taken away from the West Stand at half time on the St Johns golf buggy, Leg in a splint and covered by a blanket.
Can't take a trick when it comes to injuries.
Feel sorry for him and now webby has to do a reshuffle. TMM starts and CHT on the bench for mine

Last edited:
Back