Social A Weighty Issue

Funny. šŸ¤£

But I tell you what, for people who have issues with sleep, finding something that actually works for you is great. Particularly if it doesn't involve taking something to do so.
For sure bro, sounds like some zen master shit, I'm going to try it.

For sure bro, sounds like some zen master shit, I'm going to try it.
Its a good option for me. Particularly when I have controlled as much as I can with the other conditions. Temperature, black out blinds, food and diet and now weight. Need to sort out my screen time at some stage. All of that in place is good and tends to help me the majority of the time. But in the occasion it doesn't the zen master stuff is good to fall back on. It has only not worked once for me.

Last edited:
Funny. šŸ¤£

But I tell you what, for people who have issues with sleep, finding something that actually works for you is great. Particularly if it doesn't involve taking something to do so.
Iā€™ve had bouts of insomnia through my life, last bad one I had was about 2 years ago and was told by my Dr that they no longer give sleep medication as they found it disrupts the bodyā€™s ability to self cure and was more harmful as it promotes drug dependency to sleep

Iā€™ve had bouts of insomnia through my life, last bad one I had was about 2 years ago and was told by my Dr that they no longer give sleep medication as they found it disrupts the bodyā€™s ability to self cure and was more harmful as it promotes drug dependency to sleep
I've had lifelong probs with it, my doc is the opposite, try this, try that. It's true most sleep meds are ineffective with regular use due to tolerance, zopiclone and quetiapine etc are only good for occasional resets of your sleep clock.

I'm thankful for them, I go nuts after about 3 nights with no sleep, although I might be an extreme example having a bipolar diagnosis. Stay off them if you can is best practice, but they can also be life savers.

Wrighty Wrighty hope your week has been better than your previous one and you are back on track.

Doctors appointment today. Weighed in at bang on 100.0kg. Tried to make it tick under and break the three figure down to the 99's but no luck.

Blood pressure 132/65 which didn't seem right to me, well the 65 didn't but I'll take it!

Blood test and urine tests all normal. Cholesterol at normal levels.

So all round it's pretty good news. Need to continue on the journey now. In my mind I am always reminding myself that at my age it's a lot easier to put it back on than to take it off.

Keep going Wrighty Wrighty - you are inspiring me and pushing me on.

Last edited:
I am going up and down currently 106.4kgs. Twice been down to 104kgs but then put it back on. Not really sure why I am fluctuating. Gotta keep on keeping on.

Hey Guy's, first time on this thread and never thought i would be commenting here coz i'm a very small guy. I am 164cm and weighed 68 kgs. Went to the doctor in early january to test for prostate cancer, because i hadn't been to the doctor since 2011 (never needed to coz i very rarely get sick) he sent the blood test off and ordered the full spectrum of test's. My prostate cam back fine but i had very high cholesterol, 7.9. He took my blood pressure and that was high as well 176 over 104, he tested me standing up which gives a higher reading but that's still high. I was sent to get a ct scan to see if i had any blockages in the arteries. It came back that i had a high grade blockage in my Left Anterior Descending artery. So i was then sent for an Angiogram to see if i needed a stent or not, turned out i had a 90% blockage so they put a stent in there and then. All this was a real shock to because as i said i'm a small guy, i go to the gym 5 days a week after i have done my workout i run 3 kms on the treadmill. 6 months ago i run in the city to surf which is a 14km fun run here in Sydney. I thought i was healthy, how wrong i was. Since learning this i have changed my diet and i'm now down to 66kgs, my blood pressure has come down thanks to the pills i'm now on. i can oniy walk on the treadmill for the next month until i get permission from the cardiologist to get back into lifting weights and running again. I'm writing this coz i just want to share this with you guys that seemingly fit people can still have problems health wise and we shouldn't take it for granted that coz we aren't showing any symptoms of being unwell that we don't need to go have a check up every now and again. If i had found out about this earlier i could have done something about and not get to the stage where i could have had a heart attack at any moment. It didn't sink in to me how serious it was until i had to explain it to my daughter and to see the look of concern on her face was heart braking for me.
good luck on your health journey guys. lets all be safe and well to watch the boys play in the GF this year.

Hey Guy's, first time on this thread and never thought i would be commenting here coz i'm a very small guy. I am 164cm and weighed 68 kgs. Went to the doctor in early january to test for prostate cancer, because i hadn't been to the doctor since 2011 (never needed to coz i very rarely get sick) he sent the blood test off and ordered the full spectrum of test's. My prostate cam back fine but i had very high cholesterol, 7.9. He took my blood pressure and that was high as well 176 over 104, he tested me standing up which gives a higher reading but that's still high. I was sent to get a ct scan to see if i had any blockages in the arteries. It came back that i had a high grade blockage in my Left Anterior Descending artery. So i was then sent for an Angiogram to see if i needed a stent or not, turned out i had a 90% blockage so they put a stent in there and then. All this was a real shock to because as i said i'm a small guy, i go to the gym 5 days a week after i have done my workout i run 3 kms on the treadmill. 6 months ago i run in the city to surf which is a 14km fun run here in Sydney. I thought i was healthy, how wrong i was. Since learning this i have changed my diet and i'm now down to 66kgs, my blood pressure has come down thanks to the pills i'm now on. i can oniy walk on the treadmill for the next month until i get permission from the cardiologist to get back into lifting weights and running again. I'm writing this coz i just want to share this with you guys that seemingly fit people can still have problems health wise and we shouldn't take it for granted that coz we aren't showing any symptoms of being unwell that we don't need to go have a check up every now and again. If i had found out about this earlier i could have done something about and not get to the stage where i could have had a heart attack at any moment. It didn't sink in to me how serious it was until i had to explain it to my daughter and to see the look of concern on her face was heart braking for me.
good luck on your health journey guys. lets all be safe and well to watch the boys play in the GF this year.
Thanks for sharing. Very good message, particularly around getting regular checks. My gp now has a historical record of all the key tests and results. Really interesting (to me anyway) to see changes in levels like cholesterol over time. I treat myself to a gp appointment every year around my birthday and ask for the full spectrum of blood tests, blood pressure, weight.
That's literally how it was picked up. Otherwise I would just gave carried on, like you I guess, just less fit.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

please keep us updated on your progress.

I'm 57. so i'm at the age where i need to look after myself otherwise i might not make it 58.
Definitely. And without trying to be morbid, you have lived well over half of your life.

I sort of look at it like that and if there are some basic things I can do like eating right, exercise, regular health checks etc that can extend things then I'm all in.

Definitely. And without trying to be morbid, you have lived well over half of your life.

I sort of look at it like that and if there are some basic things I can do like eating right, exercise, regular health checks etc that can extend things then I'm all in.
Definitely, i freely admit my diet needed a lot of adjusting. I don't have a sweet tooth but i love burgers and chips and i eat way too much red meat. I haven't had a burger since i found out or a steak. But my god i miss them. But i know i have to avoid them. My daughter just got engaged and i want to be here to walk her down the aisle, so that is motivation for me to be healthier and stay away from the food i love.

Definitely, i freely admit my diet needed a lot of adjusting. I don't have a sweet tooth but i love burgers and chips and i eat way too much red meat. I haven't had a burger since i found out or a steak. But my god i miss them. But i know i have to avoid them. My daughter just got engaged and i want to be here to walk her down the aisle, so that is motivation for me to be healthier and stay away from the food i love.
Big wake up call and reality check, 57 doesnā€™t sound old but old enough to have serious degenerative health issues no matter how fit you are, glad you caught it just in time bro.

Big wake up call and reality check, 57 doesnā€™t sound old but old enough to have serious degenerative health issues no matter how fit you are, glad you caught it just in time bro.
Thanks bro, you are right 57 doesn't sound old, but i remember when it did lol. its just that now i'm there i don't feel old but in reality i'm not young so what does that make me?

Thanks for sharing. Very good message, particularly around getting regular checks. My gp now has a historical record of all the key tests and results. Really interesting (to me anyway) to see changes in levels like cholesterol over time. I treat myself to a gp appointment every year around my birthday and ask for the full spectrum of blood tests, blood pressure, weight.
That's literally how it was picked up. Otherwise I would just gave carried on, like you I guess, just less fit.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

please keep us updated on your progress.
same here yeah. hashtag blessed to have private health insurance which comes with an unbelievable amount of shit no one would know about let alone use so iā€™ve been making an absolute pig of myself with it getting EVERYTHING i can tested these last few years.

could lose 6-8 kegs but in otherwise remarkable shape for someone in their mid 40s who drinks as much and did smoke as much as i did for 27 years
not even high cholesterol or blood pressure.

all that espresso excercise and EVOO i guess.

walk jog and kayak like a MF.
also BBQ and drink like an MF though.
šŸ«¤

Before I get accused of trying to ā€œgroomā€ anyone, is there anyone in South/East Auckland interested in joining up once a week at 5.30am in Barry Curtis Park, Flat Bush to have a walk for mental health/fitness/weight loss. Nothing over vigorous and the track through the park is around 2 km so you can go as long as you wantā€¦. but Iā€™m not carrying anyone back to their car if they breakdown.

Start a list here or PM me if interested.

Back