Where will the Warriors finish in 2024?

• 1-2

• 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 13-17

Results are only viewable after voting.
its going to be bloody hard to reel in brisbane and penrith, their star players are still young and ours are not so young. maybe with their origin commitments we could snake a home semi final in auckland - that'd be sick - and probably the only way we'd get a fair whistle TBQH

but i dont really care about all that, all i ever wanted was a team that wins more than it loses, plays finals, we will beat most teams just on good vibes and good coaching - how many other teams are stricken by off the field issues, we dont have any of that (anymore).

That was a pretty liqorice all sorts squad this year, it will get more solid in coming years - monty, ford, pomps these guys have done a wonderful job for us, they just arent the calibre of player you need to win the comp these days, you cant afford any gaps in your 13. Berry has been limited too but there is still time.

Buy a real prop, promote some youth into the backrow, they have heaps of options for 6 and center if the incumbents aren't cutting it.

Last edited:
What about Niukore into the middle fulltime? Early in the year he was sliding into the middle after starting on the edge but it seemed to happen less & less as the season went on. Only 6 touches vs the Broncos in 55 minutes hanging out on the righthand side.
He's not huge but is a tad bigger than JFH. I was lucky enough to see (& hear) him flatten NAS during preseason when he was covering Prop. Would be a far better option at kick off returns than Tohu & Barnett too
Only if we decide now and fatten him up
He is remarkably lean to enable him to be agile on the edge

In my view Barnett should stay prop
He put up good numbers and now wee Ed have invested a year letting him learn the position. Eg remember the game where he spilled the pill twice in a row on kick restarts

I don’t think we should do much to change the team rts alone improved our strike
Imagine comparing the cowboys with and without Val Holmes at centre

If we had rts at centre last night we would have scored one or two more tries

He is only one guy but he is a big addition and a marquee player

My other comment I wanted to make is that we can’t control whether we win the comp as there are 16 other teams trying to improve and develop new unheard of before strategies and player selection paradigms.
Although we can point out improvements to the team some of them could prove to be detrimental based on how complex team dynamics are.
I am comfortable if we only make tinkering signings from here on in going into next year.

What about Niukore into the middle fulltime? Early in the year he was sliding into the middle after starting on the edge but it seemed to happen less & less as the season went on. Only 6 touches vs the Broncos in 55 minutes hanging out on the righthand side.
He's not huge but is a tad bigger than JFH. I was lucky enough to see (& hear) him flatten NAS during preseason when he was covering Prop. Would be a far better option at kick off returns than Tohu & Barnett too

I think he destroyed the guy who played for us for a year (and was pretty useless), sprinting towards halfway and got flattened by Marata

I had the exact same thought so cool to see I am not alone, Marata is not much of a passer and he seems to have more oomph with his runs, he’s taller than Ale and more agile than Bunty, so maybe try AFB/Marata prop combo, with Barnett and Curran second rower and Harris at 13, Ford can be depth, and give our junior props 20min each game.

Barnett to lose some weights and look for offloads on the edge with Metcalf or RTS, CNK around, Marata to beef up and be an enforcer in the middle, and junior props see if can break out or be upgrades to Bunty

Ali can be winger, is he like fast as Vailea?

Backs x factor we already have RTS and Metcalf if he doesn’t blow his hammy, Ali can be the next rockstar, we just need to actually win the rucks, Walsh etc won’t be in the game if we weren’t going backwards

My predicted ladder 2024

1 broncos
2 Penrith
3 storm with a healthy Papps
4 eels will make some good acquisitions this off season
5 souths latrell will wake up
6 warriors rts and cht will see us have a solid year even if Johnson gets injured more like his career average
7 manly turbo back
8 roosters lack forwards but walker will
Shine
9 dolphins
10 cowboys paytens job to be questioned
11 dogs
12 knights they will go backwards if they off load players
13 titans no hope of playoffs next year
14 sharks in fighting and a players revolt
15 raiders everyone a year older and no Wighton
16 st George
17 tigers triple repeat of spoon

I really hope we plan on developing Tuaupiki by as a potential winger to replace Montoya. Thought the kid was so composed in his limited opportunity and deserves a shot
He really is a player that the coaches must be thinking ‘his can we utilise his skill sets’. His speed and footwork offer X factor and game changing opportunities.
Is he fast enough/ to play wing - in a FOXX type of role - or solid enough.
I think he would be great as a half but we now have so many ( but not with his footwork)

My predicted ladder 2024

1 broncos
2 Penrith
3 storm with a healthy Papps
4 eels will make some good acquisitions this off season
5 souths latrell will wake up
6 warriors rts and cht will see us have a solid year even if Johnson gets injured more like his career average
7 manly turbo back
8 roosters lack forwards but walker will
Shine
9 dolphins
10 cowboys paytens job to be questioned
11 dogs
12 knights they will go backwards if they off load players
13 titans no hope of playoffs next year
14 sharks in fighting and a players revolt
15 raiders everyone a year older and no Wighton
16 st George
17 tigers triple repeat of spoon
My smokies would be the Titans.

They are building a formidable forward pack with an interesting spine and then the Hasler factor. He builds premiership teams around dominant forward packs!

Ah, what I’m I saying. It’s the Titans - they will over promise and under deliver yet again…

Same team; Good additions coming in; More reps in combinations; the Warriors will run hot next year. Where we lost direction this year in attack and let other teams get ontop of us, we will be honed and sharp. These guys know the opportunity that's there and are going to kill it. I have faith.

Thinking in draft!
The Dolphins fixture when the opportunity was given to fringe players to shine with unusual combinations gave everyone insights into those players abilities going into next season. The next game without SJ was equally revealing.
Saturday was a gallant effort but showed up both our great strengths and weaknesses.
We're in my opinion needing up to 4 players replacing players past their best or not up to the task in finals footie. To Inc TMM, Montoya, Pompey, Jazz.
I can't see either SJ, Egan, Tohu Harris lasting too much longer. This year took a huge toll and no small amount of luck.
Let's hope the pipeline of juniors delivers.

I think zyon needs to come off the bench like leniu does. We not guna get another AFB but we can deff get more outa the bench. Its already been said about the centers but they not physical enough for me. Hopefully sheck is as good as we all think he will be an young ali goes up a gear an overtakes what we have. Guna b a long offseason but alot easier knowing we on the right track. Proud as fuck of my team.
Up the wahs baby!!!!
We need to carry two front row on the bench for sure! Zyon Maiu’u and Ale as a prop/Lock? Curran start with Walker and CHT on the bench. Barnett in between FR/SR cover.

I think he destroyed the guy who played for us for a year (and was pretty useless), sprinting towards halfway and got flattened by Marata

I had the exact same thought so cool to see I am not alone, Marata is not much of a passer and he seems to have more oomph with his runs, he’s taller than Ale and more agile than Bunty, so maybe try AFB/Marata prop combo, with Barnett and Curran second rower and Harris at 13, Ford can be depth, and give our junior props 20min each game.

Barnett to lose some weights and look for offloads on the edge with Metcalf or RTS, CNK around, Marata to beef up and be an enforcer in the middle, and junior props see if can break out or be upgrades to Bunty

Ali can be winger, is he like fast as Vailea?

Backs x factor we already have RTS and Metcalf if he doesn’t blow his hammy, Ali can be the next rockstar, we just need to actually win the rucks, Walsh etc won’t be in the game if we weren’t going backwards
You're right. Folding Aaron Pene isn't quite the same feat as folding NAS 😂

We don't need to reinvent the wheel just some subtle tweaks.

8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Niukore
11 Ford (eventually Halasima)
12 Curran
13 Harris

14 Walker
15 Barnett
16 Tevaga/Ale/Zyon Maiu’u
17 CHT

I just try & watch as much coverage through Sky, NSWRL TV, YouTube & keep an eye on the stats too
You have carved out a niche for yourself and the forum (thanks from me personally) is better for it. I wanted to ask you how you were connected to the cup, if it is all at home research then that is bloody astounding.

I just assumed you had whanau in there or were media.

Back