Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Rabbitohs 12-

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am loving everything webby is doing, One criticism I have is the lack of transparency around our injuries. Clearly Egan was never playing in rounds 2 or 3 but he continued to be named anyway. I suspect webby knew Niukore wasn't playing this week- I find it hard to believe 8 week injuries pop up out of nowhere. The DWZ seems minor and precautionary but still I'm not sure if the club is hiding the extent of any injury.
Thats what im getting at kinda. Maybe another coach would have played Egan in round 3, maybe Marata is 50/50 but resting him and giving Laban a crack is a win/win.

Bunnies to attempt to smash us down the middle

Our D is a certified weapon and we need it today

Bench rotation needs beef and good share of minutes

Game plan should be the same nullify lattrel with kicks in 4th and 5th strong chase and tire them out

Egan RTS SJ CNK make some points

As long as we not too far down at halftime warriors by -12

Starting to look as though depth will win the NRL this year.

Everyone is getting hammered through missing stars and upsets.

Add the improving teams and we are in for a bit of a roller coaster.

A silver lining to these early season injuries is that we should get a few guys back that end up being fresher around the finals having not ground out twenty five rounds.

Ruck speed wins this one. Reffing is the biggest influencer of ruck speed. An away game against the Darlings of the NRL, the pride of the league, the formerly indigenous back story of Redfern, means we will get screwed over today.

Brace for it, stupid ref shit.

I expect Webster will keep Ali and Laban in reserve because we will have more injuries coming up and therefore their intro to the NRL is almost certain, it is five minutes to midnight for those boys.

Time to test our depth in a push shit up hill and charge the machine gun bunker mission for the little soldiers.

I dunno. Not feeling confident about this one aye.

Can't help but feel were going to struggle. Charnz and TMM first game of the year, there will be some clunky sets from our spine tonight.

Like everyone else I'm hoping for late changes on our bench as it looks very light.

Souths will also aim up, and we can expect at least one very impressive, long range try from Latrel, Cody and co.

Also, we lose a host of experience. If weve lost Niukore, Capewell, DWZ, and Metcalf and are replacing them with TMM, Pompey, Laban and Ale our experience goes from 460 games to 187.

I still believe we can get it done, but the odds are certainly stacked against us. If we win it's 12 and under for sure, I'd be shocked if we blow them off the park

A silver lining to these early season injuries is that we should get a few guys back that end up being fresher around the finals having not ground out twenty five rounds.

Ruck speed wins this one. Reffing is the biggest influencer of ruck speed. An away game against the Darlings of the NRL, the pride of the league, the formerly indigenous back story of Redfern, means we will get screwed over today.

I expect Webster will keep Ali and Laban in reserve because we will have more injuries coming up and therefore their intro to the NRL is almost certain, it is five minutes to midnight for those boys.

Time to test our depth in a push shit up hill and charge the machine gun bunker mission for the little soldiers.
If that's the case, both barney and ford would have to put in an 80 minute effort. I guess CHT may be a chance to play on an edge but we will see.

I dunno. Not feeling confident about this one aye.

Can't help but feel were going to struggle. Charnz and TMM first game of the year, there will be some clunky sets from our spine tonight.

Like everyone else I'm hoping for late changes on our bench as it looks very light.

Souths will also aim up, and we can expect at least one very impressive, long range try from Latrel, Cody and co.

Also, we lose a host of experience. If weve lost Niukore, Capewell, DWZ, and Metcalf and are replacing them with TMM, Pompey, Laban and Ale our experience goes from 460 games to 187.

I still believe we can get it done, but the odds are certainly stacked against us. If we win it's 12 and under for sure, I'd be shocked if we blow them off the park
For sure man. I hate trumpeting the usual refereeing line but I have a feeling we're going to be on the wrong side of some absolute fuckery today, away to the NRL darlings who are struggling and need a wee leg-up.

PTSD is still strong in this forum. Sheesh. Where is your confidence? Our system works and defensively we are very solid.

Webby is smart and will know exactly how to prepare these guys. Our backline is strong and with RTS and CNK back, they’ll take those extra carries to get us over the advantage line.

Personally, it will come down to field position and defence and the stats show we are stronger.

We will win this. Mark my words.

PTSD is still strong in this forum. Sheesh. Where is your confidence? Our system works and defensively we are very solid.

Webby is smart and will know exactly how to prepare these guys. Our backline is strong and with RTS and CNK back, they’ll take those extra carries to get us over the advantage line.

Personally, it will come down to field position and defence and the stats show we are stronger.

We will win this. Mark my words.
Way too much negativity on this forum. We're gonna win this if the weather continues to clear up.

My prediction is Webby is ahead of the curve. Keep your powder dry for the finals and make sure everyone is game fit. Ali and Pompey are lining up and its only game 5. TMM, CHT too. Add Laban and Zion and here we are.

Not bothered about any lack of transparency over injuries.
No team is exactly "this is in 100% detail on so-and-so's injury and he'll be out for precisely" upfront when explaining injuries.
You also factor in that some injuries will respond slower or faster than expected which might be due to not quite knowing what the injury is, the underlying health of the player (slow healer/fast healer), how easy the injury is to aggravate in training etc etc.
Warriors by 8. Latrell to stuff something up defensively. The Warriors can't get two tries in two minutes and then sit back like "Right! Now, whadda you cobbers think 'bout dem apples!?" More apples, more pressure, boys!
And for the love of all that anyone finds holy, no farting around after being 20-0 up and ending winning 30-26!!

Last edited:
Follow the rules of wet weather football
1. High compltions
2. Field position
3. Defensive pressure
4. Accurate kicking game
6. No solly offloads and speculative passes.
5. Get Miitchell running laterally
6. Wet weather is leveller, accuracy is key.

A good kick chase is pretty much what we've built our defensive pressure around so that suits us a bit.

Agree though, nothing kills momentum quicker than a solly offload.

Follow the rules of wet weather football
1. High compltions
2. Field position
3. Defensive pressure
4. Accurate kicking game
6. No solly offloads and speculative passes.
5. Get Miitchell running Latrel-ley
6. Wet weather is leveller, accuracy is key.

Fixed it for you.

Watching Newcastle (and even Roosters for that 2nd half) they showed the blue print for wet weather footy.

IF we those things you've spoken about well, with 70 minutes to go we'll be in the game. That's what I really want to see.

Literally every game we've played this year there's been 8 points or less between the 2 teams, I can't see this being any different.

In the UFC they call the last 2 rounds of a 5 Rd fight 'the championship rounds', as that's generally where the champion fighters step up and pull away.
I see this game as our version of the championship rounds - if we're able to win away, in the wet, with 5 players out (and let's be honest, likely shit reffing), that will go a long way to showing what kind of team we have this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back