Where will the Warriors finish in 2024?

• 1-2

• 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 13-17

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the game's talent being more distributed due to the Dolphins and our roster remaining largely unchanged I think we can hit a Top 4 again. I agree with the sentiment that opposing teams will be more wary of our squad heading into the next year but I'm optimistic that we can do some great things due to:
  • Fire in the belly from a preliminary final loss
  • Another preseason together as players and with coaching staff
  • Added x-factor from signings
  • Internal competition from reggies that are ready to become first graders
... Is my Warriors PTSD fading??! 😅

A few thoughts here:
Webby never would've said it publicly - "I don't look at the table etc. etc." - but my guess is top 8 would've been the goal at the beginning of the year. A bunch of guys have been locked in to the end of '24 or '25, and there would've been a 3-year plan to make top 8 three years running. Show faith in most of this group, with a top 4 finish the ultimate goal by the end of '25. Then a re-assessment of players to see who to retain and who to move on with an eye to making/winning the final in the next 3-year plan. In this regard, making top four in the first season puts them well ahead, but there a few things to sort:

1. Are we a dominant forward short on the top sides, meaning we end up too reliant on AFB and Harris when we come up against Penrith/Brisbane/Melbourne? Niukore and Barnett are great, but not yet Flegler/Carrigan-level dominant.
2. We seem short a dynamic game-breaker. RTS might be that guy next year, though he'll be 31. Walsh and Cobbo are freakish, so we can't expect someone like them to just pop up on the cheap, but someone with Young / Isaako-level speed would be handy in the centres.. or left edge?
3. We'll probably get Brisbane and Penrith twice next year, right? (I keep having this dream that we might get Melbourne at home, but then I wake up.) Rabbitohs and Roosters twice as well? I don't really understand the NRL draw formula, but we had the rub of the green with the draw this year. You'd think if we're going to have 8 games v these teams, we'll need to take 4 of them to be in with a shout.
4. Goalkicker? If SJ ends up having to be time-managed next year, is Pomps the only other option, or are they thinking Volkman might be ready (78% success in NSW). CHT can kick, but does that spell sideline work only for TMM?

The team I think Webby will go with R1, 24..

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. GOAT
4. RTS
5. Montoya (but I want Ali)
6. TMM
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford (but I want Curran)
12. Niukore
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Tevaga
16. Sifakula
17. Curran
18. CHT

I wouldn’t be surprised if Chanel takes the starting 6 jersey from Te Maire either.

He is the youngest five eighth we have and he has the best kicking game by a country mile.

I’m not sure if he is technically a better defender than Te Maire, but he can “fold some c***s” better than probably most of our pack.

He's also the best playmaker of the 3 imo, Luke Metcalf could be if he passed the ball once and a while, but he doesn’t so he ain’t.

Our next step for 2024 is to reflect and challenge ourselves to be more like the Panthers and Broncos who are 20+ points better then 3rd and 4th at peak.
They have both won wooden spoons.
Brisbane did not make the 8 last season.
We have really over achieved, and I predict will only get better as long as SJ stays healthy.

We need a decent foil for SJ.

TMM is great defensively, but lacks attack.

Ezra and Jerome show the way.

Metcalf is greedy and a liability in defence.

I think we'll finish 5-6.

SJ and Tohu are older plus we lack a game breaking forward.

Be interesting if we sign anyway in the off season, it won't be a foil for AFB as Webster's game plan is clearly after a mobile pack.

Reactions: kos
Any thoughts about RTS at 6?
Rich man’s metcalf
Will be able to step people but won’t create shapes

I think Pompey may have kicked himself out of the goal kickers job by choking last night .
Cht is a very average 80 percent kicker buy offers an alternative
cht also has by far and away the best positional kicking game out of the three options
Websters big off season decision is who starts at 6

My side would be.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Leataua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Mau’u
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Going
16. Curran
17. Barnett

I think TMM maybe past his used by but I’m hoping I’m wrong. Same with Jazz.

My side would be.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Leataua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Mau’u
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Going
16. Curran
17. Barnett

Tmm and jazz will be invaluable either as starters or as depth
The teams without depth struggled this year

It is beholden upon me to inform you that 1200 players and free agents tried out for the warriors new age group teams last week. The players have been informed already who has bern selected I expect we will know soon.

What about Niukore into the middle fulltime? Early in the year he was sliding into the middle after starting on the edge but it seemed to happen less & less as the season went on. Only 6 touches vs the Broncos in 55 minutes hanging out on the righthand side.
He's not huge but is a tad bigger than JFH. I was lucky enough to see (& hear) him flatten NAS during preseason when he was covering Prop. Would be a far better option at kick off returns than Tohu & Barnett too

My side would be.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Leataua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Mau’u
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Going
16. Curran
17. Barnett

I really like the mixture here! That left edge looks deadly and blooding youngsters in the 17 seems like the move to go

Was going to start a who improved thread but will post the question here instead. A yes or no over whether a player improved on last year.

Here are mine, agree or disagree?

1 Cnk yes
2 DWZ yes
3 Berry yes
4 Pompey no
5 Montoya no
6 Martin no
7 Johnson Yes
8 AFB yes
9 Egan yes
10;Barnett no (solid but not improved)
11 Ford yes