Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely you are smart enough to understand it isn't about claiming the subsidy, it is all about the optics of it combined with telling the rest of the country they need to make cuts or save money whilst claiming 52k a week tax free that he really does not need.
Oh I get it… the politics of envy!

The optics of Labour MP’s who supposedly represent the poor, claiming the same is arguably worse for optics.

Just to clarify, if people are rich they shouldn’t claim what they are legally entitled to? Who decides who’s rich. Homeless people would be looking at Willie Jackson in equal disgust wouldnt they? Don’t all MP’s earn multiple times the average wage so could be classified as rich?

Or maybe I really get it and this is just more of a left political attack strategy… his wife’s EV, every other article saying how many houses he has; he can’t comment on landlord issues because of how many houses he has, etc? Politics of envy.

He needn’t bother, could have just reimbursed himself from the remuneration authority that was allowing them to wrought their expenses
The thing that I can’t understand is that MP’s can claim back the interest of their mortgages on their properties who would normally reside in Wellington. Why should the likes of Chris Bishop be able to claim the interest on his mortgage as an allowance? Take of the tax, and he get almost $36,000 each year to make principal repayments of his mortgage if he chooses.

I can understand an MP from outside of Wellington getting the allowance if they’re renting (although I’d like to see that removed if they or an associated business/trust owns the property) but not when they’ve brought the property.

I wonder how pissed people would be if Luxon now took out a mortgage on the apartment and then still took the allowance on the interest like some other fourth MP’s are doing?

Last edited:
claiming 52k a week tax free that he really does not need.
Do you have the same outrage about Ardern’s $57k pa pension when she lives in a $2.5m house?

Optics of that are equally as bad. She doesn’t need it/ equally as entitled but taking all that money while more kids are living in poverty that she promised to reduce!

When are the left media going to insist she’s not worthy of it… I’ll wait… 🤣

The optics of Labour MP’s who supposedly represent the poor, claiming the same is arguably worse for optics.

Just to clarify, if people are rich they shouldn’t claim what they are legally entitled to? Who decides who’s rich. Homeless people would be looking at Willie Jackson in equal disgust wouldnt they? Don’t all MP’s earn multiple times the average wage so could be classified as rich?

Or maybe I really get it and this is just more of a left political attack strategy… his wife’s EV, every other article saying how many houses he has; he can’t comment on landlord issues because of how many houses he has, etc? Politics of envy.
If it just a left political attack strategy explain why NewstalkZB, a clear right wing media organisation, were all over it when it came to light.

Unlike you the PM was at least smart enough to realise that it was not a very good look and I applaud him for the decision he made once he realised that it was damaging to his personal brand

My whole point was that it all needs looking at, regardless of who is doing what, these entitlements are a waste of tax payers money no matter which side you're on.

Do you have the same outrage about Ardern’s $57k pa pension when she lives in a $2.5m house?

Optics of that are equally as bad. She doesn’t need it/ equally as entitled but taking all that money while more kids are living in poverty that she promised to reduce!

When are the left media going to insist she’s not worthy of it… I’ll wait… 🤣
I don't have outrage at any of it, Jacinda doesn't need that either.

If it just a left political attack strategy explain why NewstalkZB, a clear right wing media organisation, were all over it when it came to light.

Unlike you the PM was at least smart enough to realise that it was not a very good look and I applaud him for the decision he made once he realised that it was damaging to his personal brand
This has been a left strategy from day one with Luxo.

Here’s the far left stuff with articles about him claiming his Wellington property while he gave his maiden speech - despite a dozen other MP’s doing it, the focus was on him 😉

And yes this entitlement was known years ago and Labour didn’t change the rules…

I thought you were smart enough to know this is all part of an ongoing dirty politics left smear campaign. 😉

Did your mate Jacinta, aka Hitlers little sister, claim the entitlement you’re so vehemently defending Luxon for?

Did your mate Jacinta, aka Hitlers little sister, claim the entitlement you’re so vehemently defending Luxon for?
She’s claiming an equal amount in pension she is equally entitled to but equally doesn’t need 🤷‍♂️

And I’m not defending Luxon, the optics is poor; I’m defending the hypocrisy when everyone else is doing the same since forever and suddenly now it’s an issue. Just part of a long term smear campaign against Luxon.

Back