Gameday 2024 Trial 1 - Warriors vs Wests Tigers

A+ defence while down to 12. Kept them scoreless for 20 mins with the disadvantage. Take the first graders off and call it a win 👏👏

Think the players would get a lot more out of winning this game than winning an NRL game.

There is a chance here to fire them up for the season and teach them all winning is all that matters.

Not too many surprises from the first half, actually impressed we haven’t let the game blow out so far after loosing a man early.
Highlighting we are still a bit light in the forwards- there’s nothing coming up either at this stage.
RTS I wasn’t sure but he’s built nicely into the game and looked very good last 15or so.
Metcalf looking solid and composed bodes well.
CHT I think needs a bit more time before he’s in serious contention.
Montoya and Bunty looking solud out of the first graders, lussick got better after a slow start, Ale and Taine looking capable ‘next men up’

The next half will probably see all 13 players subbed on and off etc so for me, were done here in regards to what we were hoping for.

Our defensive structures are still there and we largely looked great a man down.

Roger is going to have a great season and will be that x factor/something from nothing we lacked last year

Metcalf has looked a bit more relaxed, but is not a dominant kicking half. I think he's looked the best out of the 3 so far from what I've seen in 2024.

The fact were only 6 down after having 12-14 starters not playing, and having a player off for 20 min gives me great confidence for the year.

Brilliant 1st half with all things considered great defence 1st and foremost, if a couple passes stick etc we be even or ahead on the scoreboard.
Agree with everyone with resting RTs he's just too valuable.

Warriors gone into Hearty mode since the send off.

Probably a lot of rust there and things to gel on but good to see that resilience we made our name for last year is ingrained in this team.

Loved that from Marcelo there with the ref. Pet hate that standard ref reply "there's a way you approach me and thats not it". Marcelo wasnt screaming, didnt swear, absolutely nothing wrong the way he approched him there......ref was trying to dismiss him, he still got his point across i think.

Back