• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024 Season Members Forum

Will you be attending?

• Yes

• No

• Possibly

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Contributor

2024 Season Members Forum

3a2d6220-9705-4d73-bbb7-e0c6a97e7ea5.jpg

We are delighted to invite you to an exclusive Season '24 Member Forum, where you can engage directly with the club's leadership and gain valuable insights into the One New Zealand Warriors' future plans.

Event Details:

• Date: Wednesday, 28th August
  • Location: East Lounge, Go Media Stadium (2 Beasley Avenue, Penrose)
  • Time: 6:00 pm arrival for a 6:30 pm start
Event Highlights:
Agenda:
  • The evening will kick off with a Q & A with Tohu Harris, followed by a panel discussion and finishing with an open floor for members to ask their own questions.
  • Light refreshments will be available at the start of the event.

How to Attend: This event is exclusive to members, and registration is required. To secure your spot, please register through the JOIN link below.

Information regarding parking and access will be advised nearer the event date.

We look forward to seeing you there.

NZWarriors.com
It'll be interesting, especially after the bad 1st grade year. It is usually a PR fest and hopefully Cam George doesnt talk too much. A few years ago Kearney got grilled by the members. I'm looking forward to it.
My pre-event submitted question was , " will we see any further signings for 2025"

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It'll be interesting, especially after the bad 1st grade year. It is usually a PR fest and hopefully Cam George doesnt talk too much. A few years ago Kearney got grilled by the members. I'm looking forward to it.
My pre-event submitted question was , " will we see any further signings for 2025"
That forum was classic. Was very telling that Kearney seemed incredulous when people were questioning Katas ability as a centre. The irony is that the next season Kata was moved on...

That forum was classic. Was very telling that Kearney seemed incredulous when people were questioning Katas ability as a centre. The irony is that the next season Kata was moved on...
and went from 8th to 13th basically reversing our win/loss record.

1724816927224.png

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Was this the same one when someone asked why SJ was getting bugger all distance when kicking to touch for penalties, and Kearney acted like this was brand new information and they'd need to look into it?

I still remember the one when Brian Smith gave an impassioned speech about how bright the future was and how excited he was to be a part of it, almost immediately before he pissed off.

I’ve just returned , it’s good of the club to put this on for the members:
Cameron George : went on about the off field success - big crowds. How can they make things better for fans experience?
Looking to put in another plane to Vegas, bar announcement in a couple of weeks - name of it.
He did get a little tense when somebody asked why they dropped Nic Brown from his MC role without notice .
Cappy: Pathways looking good.
29 spots in the squad have been filled for 2025. Suggesting no room for anyone else
Expect some big signings coming up for WNRL.
Webster: IMO, not much to add that we don’t already know. One person asked about giving the young guys more chances as they were hungry and the class guys ( established first graders) came straight back in. Webby agreed that the likes of CNK, SJ weren’t as good when coming back from injury. He said he had no loyalty to players .
He gave Taine a rap / wrap saying that he practised well today and it was a shame that he couldn’t get on a roll on first grade , getting injured or CHT returning.
In summary, not much was revealed and I’m not sure if much will change for next year.

Last edited:
Cameron George : went on about the off field success - big crowds. How can they make things better for fans experience?
Looking to put in another plane to Vegas, bar announcement in a couple of weeks - name of it.
He did get a little tense when somebody asked why they dropped Nic Brown from his MC role without notice .
29 spots in the squad have been filled for 2025. Suggesting no room for anyone else
Webster: IMO, not much to add that we don’t already know. One person asked about giving the young guys more chances as they were hungry and the class guys ( established first graders) came straight back in. Webby agreed that the likes of CNK, SJ weren’t as good when coming back from injury. He said he had no loyalty to players .
He gave Taine a rap / wrap saying that he practised well today and it was a shame that he couldn’t get on a roll on first grade , getting injured or CHT returning.
In summary, not much was revealed and I’m not sure if much will change for next year.

Thanks for this.

Not sure we could expect much more than that. The cynic in me would say this is why they do it at this time of the year before any reviews have been done etc. Let's face it, they will always be guarded.

As members of the club we should be just as interested in the commercial position of the club, not just on-field First Grade results. Sounds like things are onwards and upwards from that side of things.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If we have 29 spots filled then I am feeling quite pessimistic about 2025. I'm also finding it hard to believe that our cap for 2025 is basically sorted. How?

There are too many gaps in our squad at the moment. Did the members not fire up a bit about this?

Was there talk about where our FG side is lacking - ie. did the members mention speed etc?

If we have 29 spots filled then I am feeling quite pessimistic about 2025. I'm also finding it hard to believe that our cap for 2025 is basically sorted. How?

There are too many gaps in our squad at the moment. Did the members not fire up a bit about this?

Was there talk about where our FG side is lacking - ie. did the members mention speed etc?

We are showing as 27 signed for next year on the forum list which is usually very accurate.

We are showing as 27 signed for next year on the forum list which is usually very accurate.
Yes, that would make sense to me, but why would the club say otherwise? I'm sure there may still be movement - Afoa out etc. I can't really make head nor tails out of it all really.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It is hard to ask as only an hour and people get side tracked with refs and bunkers.
Webby did say that when they play their best football they are up there with top 4 sides .
He also said that they have ‘mental ‘ issues .
I asked about what is going to change for 2025 but got side tracked asking about the stupid DJ and then CG answered that question without Webby asking the other one .

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back