General Your 2024 lineup

Feels like they giving Metcalf every chance of being SJ’s successor.
Metcalf does have the speed SJ had ..just needs to develop his directing of players and kicking to the same level

My team for week #1

1.Tanie
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.RTS
5.Montoya

6.Metcalfe
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Bunty(long season for players why not play the guys that showed great form in tigers game)
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.Barrett
16.Niukore
17.Lussick/ALE

18.TMM

Last edited:
Metcalf does have the speed SJ had ..just needs to develop his directing of players and kicking to the same level

My team for week #1

1.CNK
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.RTS
5.Montoya

6.Metcalfe
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Bunty
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.Barrett
16.Niukore
17.Lussick/ALE

18.TMM

I like the idea of Bunty starting - they tried it once last year but it had mixed results including Bunty doing a loose carry on a kick return.

The only question will be whether we have the X factor to compete with the two grand finalists from last season who remain stacked with it.
In my head both those teams have lost more than they gained in personnel from 2023 to 2024 whereas we have gained more than we lost. That plus another preseason together under Webby and team makes me think we should have closed the gap with both of them.
Lots of other factors of course and others aren't standing still but reason to be optimistic.

I hope we make TMM 18th man for most of this season. He covers many positions and probably personally would prefer being 18th man compared to playing NSW cup.

In my head both those teams have lost more than they gained in personnel from 2023 to 2024 whereas we have gained more than we lost. That plus another preseason together under Webby and team makes me think we should have closed the gap with both of them.
Lots of other factors of course and others aren't standing still but reason to be optimistic.

My team for week #1

1.Tanie
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.RTS
5.Montoya

6.Metcalfe
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Bunty(long season for players why not play the guys that showed great form in tigers game)
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.Barrett
16.Niukore
17.Lussick/ALE

18.TMM
Yes Bunty had a good trial but that isn't enough for me. Years of being average is going to require a long stint of high performance to get back in. I would like a prop rotation of AFB, Tohu (when Walker is on), Niukore and either one of the young bucks (Ale etc) or Jazz who I think deserves his shot. 2 drops in a trial does not undo a player. Remember SJ had a shocker of trial last year? He went ok in the end...

He averaged 59m in his 30 minutes as a starting Prop & we trailed in 10 of those 16 matches at halftime. Not a whole lot to support his case to start, well statistically anyway
Not to flip flop even though I am on this issue, he seems more at home on the bench. I think he thinks he belongs their and enjoys coming on to try and make an impact. Every hit up he does even though limited PCMs is pretty exciting the way he sprints into contact.

Not to flip flop even though I am on this issue, he seems more at home on the bench. I think he thinks he belongs their and enjoys coming on to try and make an impact. Every hit up he does even though limited PCMs is pretty exciting the way he sprints into contact.
He put up some respectable numbers off the bench in 2022. 39 mins & 91m. IMO without the hair he wouldn't have the same fandom.

My team for week #1

1.Tanie
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.RTS
5.Montoya

6.Metcalfe
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.Barrett
16.Niukore
17.Lussick/ALE

18.TMM

Gotta feel a little for our writer CHT, the forgotten man Pompey, either Ale or Bunty or both, Ali and maybe even Kosi… this reserve group is hot! Too hot to stay put and I’m sure enquires will be made throughout the season about their availability to join another club… so many guys knocking on the door it’s good competition for the FG’ers not to get complacent. Can’t wait for this season to start! It’s gonna be a cracker!!!

All this chat about Ali L, I get it. I’ve seen enough of him to see that he’s going to be an exceptional talent for us. I know this will get some fight back but the reality is, he’s fourth in line imo.

Roger is with us for 3 more years. Berry, 2 more years. Pompey, 2 more years. Ali is also contracted for another two.

I see the talent but I see deficiencies in his game too, however he is 21 so to be expected. If anything, I’m assuming Pompey’s manager to be looking elsewhere as we’re obviously going to try retain Ali over Pompey. Ali has the opportunity to learn and develop under one of the greatest rugby league players nz has ever produced & a chance to set up a dynasty at the warriors with the best young talent the nrl has. Rugby league guru is all over the development space & he believes we’ve got the best juniors in the comp.

I really like Pompey, he played all 27 games last year, has played 80 fg games and is only 25 years old. I do see more development in his game but it’s clear that Ali has a level of X factor that Pompey will never possess.

Whilst I would love to keep all 4, the reality is one will leave. Of all 4, Pompey is the most expendable and I could see a team like the eels, or the roosters offer him a contract (roosters junior, manu leaving).

Ali needs to continue his development & his opportunity will come. The Warriors have made the error of rushing juniors into fg, yet we don’t need to do that with the depth we currently possess. Let’s not fuck up another junior by rushing Ali into the pressure cooker & he can learn from RTS & berry, who the latter imo is improving year on year & could be an international centre over the next few years.

All this chat about Ali L, I get it. I’ve seen enough of him to see that he’s going to be an exceptional talent for us. I know this will get some fight back but the reality is, he’s fourth in line imo.

Roger is with us for 3 more years. Berry, 2 more years. Pompey, 2 more years. Ali is also contracted for another two.

I see the talent but I see deficiencies in his game too, however he is 21 so to be expected. If anything, I’m assuming Pompey’s manager to be looking elsewhere as we’re obviously going to try retain Ali over Pompey. Ali has the opportunity to learn and develop under one of the greatest rugby league players nz has ever produced & a chance to set up a dynasty at the warriors with the best young talent the nrl has. Rugby league guru is all over the development space & he believes we’ve got the best juniors in the comp.

I really like Pompey, he played all 27 games last year, has played 80 fg games and is only 25 years old. I do see more development in his game but it’s clear that Ali has a level of X factor that Pompey will never possess.

Whilst I would love to keep all 4, the reality is one will leave. Of all 4, Pompey is the most expendable and I could see a team like the eels, or the roosters offer him a contract (roosters junior, manu leaving).

Ali needs to continue his development & his opportunity will come. The Warriors have made the error of rushing juniors into fg, yet we don’t need to do that with the depth we currently possess. Let’s not fuck up another junior by rushing Ali into the pressure cooker & he can learn from RTS & berry, who the latter imo is improving year on year & could be an international centre over the next few years.
If Berry and RTS are our centres for at least the next two years and no doubt Berry gets extended, where is the pathway for Ali? He’s 21. He can’t wait until he’s 23+.

The club this year needs to make some decisions on long term planning and one of Berry or Ali needs to go elsewhere for opportunities as they are both to good to not be playing first grade.

The other option is move a player out of position - RTS or Ali to wing or fullback.

I've got big hopes for Ali but the pathway is blocked.

If CNK is injured I think RTS should go to fullback and prioritize Ali L.
I really like TT he is a great fullback but we have some really good fullbacks coming through the juniors 19s and 21s. TT is great cover but Ali is next up for me.
There's alot of young centers in the NRL with flare like Pensini, Tago, May, Staggs all debuted vert young

My team for week #1

1.Tanie
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.RTS
5.Montoya

6.Metcalfe
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Tohu

14.Walker
15.Barrett
16.Niukore
17.Lussick/ALE

18.TMM
This is my team also. I think Lussick will def be in instead of Ale, as we need to spell Egan at some stage and other dummy half options need to to bring the quality needed for a solid 15 min stint. Jazz and CHT aren’t there currently

Back