Current Affairs Ukraine - Russia War

Actually, it’s started back in 862AD with a young prince…

Lool
If you have a look at the Wiki page on Ukraine, it's basically the same history lesson Vlad gave Tucker. Except that Putin implies that Ukraine isn't a real country and has no right to exist. Isn't that roughly the same argument that Israel makes about Palestine?

Is it lost on everyone that the only interview Putin grants to western media is to Trumps' fluffer? The same willfully ignorant Trump muppet that still thinks the 2020 election was stolen. It was all fake only Tucker wasn't in on the joke.

Summary​

1. Jailed Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny is dead, the prison service of the region where he had been serving his sentence says
  2. Navalny, an outspoken critic of President Putin, has been in Russian jail since 2021 on charges widely viewed as politically motivated
  3. President Biden says Vladimir Putin is 'responsible' after reports of opposition politician's death
  4. Navalny's wife, Yulia Navalnaya, has said she doesn't know whether the "horrible news" is true
  5. Kira Yarmysh, Navalny's spokeswoman, said his team had yet to receive confirmation of the death but his lawyer was travelling to Siberia
  6. Putin's spokesman said Russian's penitentiary service was looking into Navalny's death but provided no further information
  7. In August, Navalny was found guilty of founding and funding an extremist organisation, which he denies, and was given an extra 19 years in jail
  8. He had already been sentenced to nine years for parole violations, fraud and contempt of court
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-68316979

TIL learned Navalny's staff were caught on camera asking MI6 for 10-20mil a year to start a color revolution.

No way were you in the NZ forces if you are claiming RT is a reliable news source. You are an anti western troll who falls over himself hastily trying to shut down any anti Russian sentiment

No way were you in the NZ forces if you are claiming RT is a reliable news source. You are an anti western troll who falls over himself hastily trying to shut down any anti Russian sentiment
Your right, I was in the ADF. Actual operational experience in theatre. What's your expertise / training in geopolitics?

I love people with zero world experience talking about "reliable sources"

I bet you were breathlessly awaiting the heroic exploits while I was telling you it was bullshit..

Last edited:
Your right, I was in the ADF. Actual operational experience in theatre. What's your expertise / training in geopolitics?
I don’t know what ADF is. Excuse my scepticism when all you do is post the most up to date anti western nonsense emanating from Russia. Rt indeed, it’s a Russian state backed propaganda and conspiracy outlet

I don’t know what ADF is. Excuse my scepticism when all you do is post the most up to date anti western nonsense emanating from Russia. Rt indeed, it’s a Russian state backed propaganda and conspiracy outlet
Australian Defence Force.

The truth isnt "anti-western". Its just the truth.

Normal civilians are so sheltered. You think Putin is a villain? Chris Luxon (and by default kiwis) will already have blood on his hands by authorising the NZSAS to be part of the FFF cycle in both Ukraine and Israel. The difference is Putin isnt ashamed of dropping bodies.

We killed 1 million civilians in Iraq. Probably the same again in Afghan.

Australian Defence Force.

The truth isnt "anti-western". Its just the truth.

Normal civilians are so sheltered. You think Putin is a villain? Chris Luxon (and by default kiwis) will already have blood on his hands by authorising the NZSAS to be part of the FFF cycle in both Ukraine and Israel. The difference is Putin isnt ashamed of dropping bodies.

We killed 1 million civilians in Iraq. Probably the same again in Afghan.
WTF is FFF cycle?

Apparently the Russians were warned this could happen but appear to have dismissed this

Posted at 23:43 22 Mar23:43 22 Mar

SHAREDHow will the Kremlin respond?​

58c83424-8835-4de2-9ce2-556b4f5bc7d0.jpg

Gordon Corera
Security correspondent, BBC News
The statement from so-called Islamic State (IS) saying they were behind the attack came out on one of the group's official accounts.
That is not absolute confirmation - sometimes IS has issued false claims - however, a US official has told CBS, the BBC's US partner, that it has intelligence confirming the IS claim that it carried out the attack.
The nature of the assault – marauding gunmen killing as many civilians as possible – is typical of the way they operate. There are similarities, for instance, to the Bataclan attacks at a concert in Paris back in 2015 linked to the group.
The question of who was behind today's attack is highly charged because of the international context. Ukrainian officials - and their allies - are clearly worried Kyiv might be blamed by Moscow.
There is also the question of the US warning on 7 March about "extremists" attacking concerts. That public warning - based almost certainly on intelligence - appears to have been dismissed by Russian officials.
And so while there are always questions about who was behind an attack and if it could have been prevented, this time the pressure on Moscow may be more intense to see what they say and how they respond.

Back