• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2009-2011 NZ Warriors Jerseys and Merchandise

2011 NZ Warriors Commemorative Jersey

2011 black fern jersey 1.jpg
To commemorate the Warriors historic first game at Eden Park, known as the home of NZ rugby, the club released a special jersey inspired by the All Blacks jersey. In a very rare move all sponsors agreed to forego any colour leaving the jersey black and white.

The jersey was officially called the 'Black Fern' jersey in the clubs merchandise catalogue but called the 'NZ Fern' on the jerseys sale tags.

Photo credit: mt.wellington mt.wellington , Photosport

NZWarriors.com
2011 NZ Warriors Training Jersey

2011 training jersey 1.jpg

Worn during all 4 preseason trial games including the trail game against the Newcastle Knights in Greymouth, NZ in honour of the Pike River Mine disaster victims. The team issued jerseys were then worn during training runs for the next few seasons.

Sold in limited numbers to the general public.

2011 NZ Warriors U20 Home Jersey

2011 U20 Home 1.jpg
In 2010 the Warriors held a competition for fans to design a jersey for the juniors team. Daryl John was announced the winner.

Waikato designer makes his mark with new strip​

October 06, 2010 • 12:00pm

When the Junior Warriors step on to the rugby league field next season, Morrinsville signwriter Daryl John can take credit for their stylish uniform.

Mr John, 24, won a nationwide competition run by Vodafone and the Junior Warriors to design their jersey for 2011.

His prize included tickets to the NRL grand final in Sydney last Sunday, plus flights and accommodation.

Mr John jumped at the opportunity when Vodafone, Warriors major sponsor, put the design challenge out to the public.

"I'm passionate about design and I'm a big Warriors' fan too, so I thought I'd have a crack at it," he said.

"I was mucking around and got a few ideas flowing and ended up staying up till 1am coming up with designs.

"I've done graphics, so was thinking about the design quite logically and thought about what the Junior Warriors meant to me as a rugby league team.

"They're the only team in New Zealand to make it through the NRL, so I wanted to put the Silver Fern in and make sure they were well represented," he said.

Mr John said winning was a huge shock.

"It didn't sink in for a while. I didn't think it would happen to me."

His goal is to set up his own design business.

"This will be a bit of a feather in the cap to add to that," Mr John said.

The Junior Warriors won the National Youth Competition grand final at the weekend when they beat South Sydney 42-28, the first time a New Zealand side has won a premiership crown.

In 2010 the Warriors and CCC held a competition for fans to design a jersey for the juniors team. Daryl John was announced the winner.

Top design gets junior Warriors' nod​

10 Oct, 2010

A sign writer has turned fashion designer, winning a competition to dress the champion Junior Warriors rugby league side next season.

Daryl John won a competition organised by the team's sponsors, Vodafone, which attracted 3000 entries.

The Te Aroha 24-year-old's design is centred around a stylised silver fern.

"I stayed up to about 1 in the morning putting a few ideas together," John said.

"I just worked on keeping the design simple but effective; bold and recognisable and not too cluttered.

"When I heard I had actually won I was in lala-land for the rest of work, you couldn't take the grin off my face."

He also believes his design could "fit quite nicely on a flag" should New Zealand ever become a republic.

John's prize was a trip to Sydney last weekend to see the under-20 Warriors win the Toyota Cup with a 42-28 demolition of South Sydney.

Canterbury of New Zealand's Colin Gibson said: "Daryl's design is clear and speaks volumes about the club and the heritage of the players too."

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back