• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social ðŸ“º TV

Has anyone watched the new Star Wars series The Acolyte yet? Its getting savaged online at the moment. I watched the first 3 episodes and while its not awful it fits the usual mold of the most recent efforts. Not sure how many more series where they slap the Star Wars branding onto it will survive as they seem to be getting even more mediocre each time. Since the original trilogy the only series which remotely feels like a fitting companion to it is the Mandalorian, although that started to lose its way by season 3. Seeing a jawa sandcrawler or a glimpse of an x-wing always brings excitement, but space kung-fu matrix style not so much. After so many years of disappointments starting from the prequel trilogy I'm still hanging in there with anything labelled Star Wars, but only just.
Yeah I’ve watched what’s come out so far.
No where near as bad as the reviews are saying, which ironically place Andor as one of the best things ever invented whereas I struggled to stay awake for it.
Some of the criticism is warranted, I think the forced diversity is getting a bit stale and gimmicky, first few scenes is literally like they’re trying to tick all the appropriate boxes just so you notice (including a tangential mention the lead has 2 Mums etc). Also get the criticism that it somewhat undermines Anakins uniqueness to a regular occurrence.
But the biggest sin as with much of Disneys Star Wars and marvels outputs is they have a wealth of lore and story potential that they just ignore or squander- in the case of this show I thought it seemed interesting concept about seeing the origins of the Sith returning. However instead we have a story about 2 sisters instead and the mysterious master sith has been seen in 2 5second scenes at the half way point of the show

NZWarriors.com
The Boys is a great, and underrated / not well known, show. Must watch irrespective of whether you enjoy the superhero genre - plus it is led by two Kiwis!

I'm off over seas next week and have been trying to go real slow, so that I can enjoy it when I'm back - Ive only watched the first episode of season 4, looks like Homelanders going to go batshit crazy by the end of the season haha. A melt down of epic proportions

Todays episode was great.

I can't recall when season 3 is due. They shortened this season partly to get them out quicker.

There was talk of doing another story in the year House of the Dragon isn't on. There was a picture of someone who was cast as Duncan the Tall for Dunk and Egg.

Seeing all of these dragons makes the other story being talked about exciting. Aegon's conquest where they came over and conquer with their dragons.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Todays episode was great.

I can't recall when season 3 is due. They shortened this season partly to get them out quicker.

There was talk of doing another story in the year House of the Dragon isn't on. There was a picture of someone who was cast as Duncan the Tall for Dunk and Egg.

Seeing all of these dragons makes the other story being talked about exciting. Aegon's conquest where they came over and conquer with their dragons.
That was a great episode. Up there with GOT best episodes I reckon.
I sympathise with the brother storyline ...

Umbrella Academy S4

I thought S3 was the finale so pleasantly surprised to see one more season. Pretty good 7/10 .. ending was a bit meh

Superhero’s dooms day, time travel .. a lot to take in

Back