• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 💪 Savage September

NZWarriors.com
I'm in. Need motivation and this sounds like a good idea... 🥴

My knees are pretty shit so not much point me trying to run and my lack of fitness wouldn't help either.

Today 2km walk completed.

I'm interested in this recovery pilates thing. Do you have any links?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Just finished my first day of 500 KB swings.

My biceps are pretty jacked. Should be fine to go again tomorrow. They have only caused issue once. 20 years ago when they turned purple.

More worried about the legs and hips. Not a full squat so legs should be good.

Already planning how I get around a few kids school events coming up. Tuesday will be doable as we are just dropping my son off. Wednesday we have a show.

Start strong, finish strong. Five and a half kms of hills to kick off the challenge.

View attachment 9171
Legend. Running is something I let myself believe I'd never do. Consider this my pre season for 2025. Im also keen to do that Pilates stuff as I need to link my body sections by strengthening lower back, core and all that area. If that comes together I'll add more but I want to finish strong this month and not buckle. Awesome idea bro and also for taking the time to share your energy in this way with us 👊👊👊

Legend. Running is something I let myself believe I'd never do. Consider this my pre season for 2025. Im also keen to do that Pilates stuff as I need to link my body sections by strengthening lower back, core and all that area. If that comes together I'll add more but I want to finish strong this month and not buckle. Awesome idea bro and also for taking the time to share your energy in this way with us 👊👊👊
Nice one brother. Be kind to yourself and don't hurt yourself on your warm up ☺️. Strong finish to this year will have you in peak form heading into next.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Day 2. Still here

Morning. Stretching only. To increase range of movement in shoulders post right shoulder impingement.

Hamstrings, calves, Achilles, ankles, feet.

I'm brush cutting all day today in the bush so I'm doing a 15min walk at lunch time and will do crunches and stretching tonight.

Put in the work today team and we'll reach the grand final for sure 👊

My swings took my out of me than it did a few years ago. I started with a higher weight this time around.

Yesterday after I finished I was pretty stuffed. I noticed my wife was pruning the trees so went out to help her. Then washed the car. I was about to hit the wall and have a sleep. Then my kids want a ball out of a tree followed by one up on the roof.

I was pretty lethargic for a few hours. My original plan was to do two sessions on the first day. Yeah right.

My fore arms are pretty jacked. May need to adjust some of the weights to get through. Yesterday the worry was blisters developing as even my gloves didn't cover the area getting stressed. Damn half fingered gloves.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
My swings took my out of me than it did a few years ago. I started with a higher weight this time around.

Yesterday after I finished I was pretty stuffed. I noticed my wife was pruning the trees so went out to help her. Then washed the car. I was about to hit the wall and have a sleep. Then my kids want a ball out of a tree followed by one up on the roof.

I was pretty lethargic for a few hours. My original plan was to do two sessions on the first day. Yeah right.

My fore arms are pretty jacked. May need to adjust some of the weights to get through. Yesterday the worry was blisters developing as even my gloves didn't cover the area getting stressed. Damn half fingered gloves.
When read that your day 1 was 500 reps I marvelled at what day 30 might look like.

I do pyramid training sets where it goes for instance

Set 1. 5 reps

Set 2. 10 reps

Set 3. 15 reps

Set 4. 10 reps

Set 5. 5 reps

Works for me. Go well with your adjustments Snake 👍

When read that your day 1 was 500 reps I marvelled at what day 30 might look like.

I do pyramid training sets where it goes for instance

Set 1. 5 reps

Set 2. 10 reps

Set 3. 15 reps

Set 4. 10 reps

Set 5. 5 reps

Works for me. Go well with your adjustments Snake 👍
Day 20 or day 30 will hopefully not end up with me at the A&E with purple biceps and forearms. :LOL:

It is supposed to be a straight 500 a day. So 20 days = 10,000 (guess I haven't checked). I will find some other work to do on the other days either in the rest days in between the swings or at the end. Wednesday is my only issue coming up as we have a school production.

It is broken up into sets.

With the weight I was doing the 50 was broken up. The 5th circuit it was getting pretty low.

To save my joints I may look at the 24 for the lower reps and then use the 20kg or 16kg for the higher reps. Getting 50 unbroken with 16kg to start might help show the progress when I get towards the end and re-try the 24kg.

I'm starting to realise why I stopped doing this.😆 I think it was on Joe Rogan with Pavel Tsatsouline and he mentioned doing high reps with swings isn't a good idea.

Another 500 done.

I had to lighten the load and leave out the strength exercise. I am hoping the pull-ups yesterday were the cause of my forearm pain.

Ended up massaging my arms with voltaren and tiger balm to get through today.

2km walk done. Current route is fairly flat. Going to add another approx 1km which includes some small hills later in the week. Trying to set the routine first before trying more. You are absolutely right MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite when you talked about it being easy to find excuses. Also revisiting my current diet and the pilates links you posted.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back