Sports 🏏 Black Caps

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Don't wanna be a downer on the history making feat or anything but on balance over-confidence by India delivered that win ... they went in thinking they would hit the cover off it in their first innings and were rudely awakened ... I could hardly watch the first stages of the fourth innings, especially with Bumrah bowling and Conway jumping all over the place ... turns out Rachin has all the class and was easy in the end

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Don't wanna be a downer on the history making feat or anything but on balance over-confidence by India delivered that win ... they went in thinking they would hit the cover off it in their first innings and were rudely awakened ... I could hardly watch the first stages of the fourth innings, especially with Bumrah bowling and Conway jumping all over the place ... turns out Rachin has all the class and was easy in the end
Rachin really did show his class this test. Southee also showed some resolve with the bat which probably was the difference in the end for the match, that partnership with RR. While it was great to see, it also increased my frustration levels with Southee with his previous several years efforts with the bat!

However the result came about, the fact we haven't won there since 1988 and not many teams do well over there makes it satisfying for me

Need to give BC's their flowers regardless of the opposition doing dumb stuff.

Much like the Warriors, they have a knack of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (have seen that in person a number of times), so gotta take those rare big wins when they come along!

It's not like we expect the team to suddenly win every game from now on (again, much like the Warriors 😅 )

Rachin really did show his class this test. Southee also showed some resolve with the bat which probably was the difference in the end for the match, that partnership with RR. While it was great to see, it also increased my frustration levels with Southee with his previous several years efforts with the bat!

However the result came about, the fact we haven't won there since 1988 and not many teams do well over there makes it satisfying for me
It really was satisfying, not denying that - i really do love test cricket, and as everyone knows there have only been few short eras and the occasional one off in a fandom which can vindicate nz support like that!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It really was satisfying, not denying that - i really do love test cricket, and as everyone knows there have only been few short eras and the occasional one off in a fandom which can vindicate nz support like that!
A true test fan for 48 years (I'm starting from the age of 7). And a Warriors fan. So many parallels. Gary Stead is the Nathan Brown of test cricket without Brown's recruiting skills.

Sadly I also support Everton, so it's all my fault regarding the lack of a trophy for the Warriors.

What an amazing win last night.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back