Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Luxon should go to the greens and/or labour or maori and find a way round a coalition with Winston. Otherwise he is going to get embarrassed and outfoxed for the next 3 years by his coalition "partner". Be a fun watch for the rest of us though.

Luxon should go to the greens and/or labour or maori and find a way round a coalition with Winston. Otherwise he is going to get embarrassed and outfoxed for the next 3 years by his coalition "partner". Be a fun watch for the rest of us though.
Winston is taking the political piss out of us all AGAIN.
Seems to like the drama
Doesn't like the idea of election day enrollment but voted for it when last in caucus.

Winston is taking the political piss out of us all AGAIN.
Seems to like the drama
Doesn't like the idea of election day enrollment but voted for it when last in caucus.
It seems to be a common theme. Winston having issues with something but evidence ends up coming out later on that he implemented or supported it originally.

When he was in government at the start of the pandemic he was all be cautious about covid. When he isn't in power he's down with the protestors explaining how he'll fix all of this. Also the Pike River Mine, opposition Winston will march on down there if he's elected. Government Winston is too busy and the safety needs to be assessed.

The coalition negotiations being drawn out seem to be a given. He's done it every single time. The other times he's been able to play two sides off each other. This time he's had to pull out some new tricks. Anyone else that got voted out like he did in 2020 and managed to come back as the 3rd coalition partner would have some humility and try and get things down quickly so they aren't the issue. Not Winston though.

Some great press for Luxon and his negotiating skills.

It seems that journalists have got a lot of time on their hands…… Winstone was never going to be going down to Wellington last week as he had arranged before the election to spend the day in Auckland with people who he had become friends with back when he was Foreign Minister who were travelling through Auckland after the Pacific Island Forum meeting in Rarotonga. But that’s not as “sexy” and get as many clicks as saying he deliberately missed going to a meeting in Wellington.

It seems that journalists have got a lot of time on their hands…… Winstone was never going to be going down to Wellington last week as he had arranged before the election to spend the day in Auckland with people who he had become friends with back when he was Foreign Minister who were travelling through Auckland after the Pacific Island Forum meeting in Rarotonga. But that’s not as “sexy” and get as many clicks as saying he deliberately missed going to a meeting in Wellington.
I would have thought that putting a "strong and stable " government together was more important to the country than catching up with old buddies.
Not Winston though

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of Winstons diary?

So Winston prioritises meeting friends during a coalition negotiation... lol

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of Winstons diary?

So Winston prioritises meeting friends during a coalition negotiation... lol
No, just the ability to listen to the radio where all three confirmed there was never a meeting scheduled and Winston also a confirmed why he wasn’t there.

No, just the ability to listen to the radio where all three confirmed there was never a meeting scheduled and Winston also a confirmed why he wasn’t there.
I have noticed a few times lately with the media taking a hit from officials
Jenny May coped a bit from Wayne Brown this week over her comments on his proposed traffic taxes.
ABF the next day over her comments about the Apec non visit by Luxon.
The same time made comments about the cricket semi final and the wicket which Mitchell dismissed.
They don't do their homework

Funny cause Seymour was quoted saying a meeting on Tuesday was "very possible" and they were hopeful of forming a government that day

'Happy to meet anyone, anytime' - Seymour​

Arriving in Wellington on Tuesday, Seymour told waiting reporters each party has issues the others do not like very much, and each knows they will have to come to a compromise.

"Our hope is that happens as rapidly as possible," he said.

"Everyone says they want it to go faster - I certainly do, I think a lot of people watching and listening would love to see this be got on with - but equally no one person can decide how a negotiation between three ends, or when it ends ... ultimately, three have to agree."

He was asked if they would all be meeting together today.

"I think that's very possible, we're certainly very happy to meet anyone, anytime, and we're all in Wellington now so that's got to make it easier.

"I think there may well be a meeting of three, yes."

Funny cause Seymour was quoted saying a meeting on Tuesday was "very possible" and they were hopeful of forming a government that day

'Happy to meet anyone, anytime' - Seymour​

Arriving in Wellington on Tuesday, Seymour told waiting reporters each party has issues the others do not like very much, and each knows they will have to come to a compromise.

"Our hope is that happens as rapidly as possible," he said.

"Everyone says they want it to go faster - I certainly do, I think a lot of people watching and listening would love to see this be got on with - but equally no one person can decide how a negotiation between three ends, or when it ends ... ultimately, three have to agree."

He was asked if they would all be meeting together today.

"I think that's very possible, we're certainly very happy to meet anyone, anytime, and we're all in Wellington now so that's got to make it easier.

"I think there may well be a meeting of three, yes."

And where, in this, did it say a meeting was scheduled….. like O’Brian and Hooton said in their original articles. They took the possibility of a meeting and decided it had been scheduled and Winny did a no show.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about as to what is suspected of happening and what is being discussed behind closed doors… unless Bradley Ambrose ”accidentally” left a recording device on the table again.

And where, in this, did it say a meeting was scheduled….. like O’Brian and Hooton said in their original articles. They took the possibility of a meeting and decided it had been scheduled and Winny did a no show.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about as to what is suspected of happening and what is being discussed behind closed doors… unless Bradley Ambrose ”accidentally” left a recording device on the table again.
TBH I'm getting second hand embarrassment from your feeble attempts to defend those clowns.

It also sounds like Seymour is gunning for the deputy PM position.

From every election under MMP, the media have “guessed” what is occurring during coalition discussions and suddenly this one is different?

2017 and a number were reporting Winnie was going with National.
It’s certainly something to take into consideration as to who’s demanding what and what are bottom lines. In luxon’s perfect world he’ll get Willis as deputy and perhaps someone like Gerry brownlee as foreign minister? I’m not sure it’s going to be quite like that though. Winston perhaps happy with racing? The mind boggles as to what either would be demanding.

It’s certainly something to take into consideration as to who’s demanding what and what are bottom lines. In luxon’s perfect world he’ll get Willis as deputy and perhaps someone like Gerry brownlee as foreign minister? I’m not sure it’s going to be quite like that though. Winston perhaps happy with racing? The mind boggles as to what either would be demanding.
Would Winston be interested in Foreign Minister? I would be surprised if any of the coalition partners got the Deputy Prime Minister position.

It’s funny because the Media have speculated that Winnie wants the Deputy PM, then its Speaker of the House, then Finance Minister, then Foreign Affairs and the latest this morning, Attorney-General. Just goes to show, no one outside of a few, know what‘s happening.

At least none of them have had speculation about their sexual preference or their partners affairs or run ins with the law.
its only week 2, give it time! and some leftie earlier in the thread was loathe to comment about some social media stuff that apparently is being reported on, but still did :D

It’s funny because the Media have speculated that Winnie wants the Deputy PM, then its Speaker of the House, then Finance Minister, then Foreign Affairs and the latest this morning, Attorney-General. Just goes to show, no one outside of a few, know what‘s happening.
Not sure there’s anything to see here. That’s what media does- speculate.

Back