Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

After almost a decade, the stage seems set for this being the game where finally beat Melbourne. In front of a sold out Mt Smart against a Storm team that has origin players backing up and is without Munster and Papenhuyzen. Wahs finally coming back into form. I just feel it.

Webby's gameplan essentially beat them in rd 2. I'd say the same squad except SJ returns and CHT returns to the bench with Freddy dropping out.

After almost a decade, the stage seems set for this being the game where finally beat Melbourne. In front of a sold out Mt Smart against a Storm team that has origin players backing up and is without Munster and Papenhuyzen. Wahs finally coming back into form. I just feel it.

Webby's gameplan essentially beat them in rd 2. I'd say the same squad except SJ returns and CHT returns to the bench with Freddy dropping out.

Even better, they will be without their origin players which is just Grant and Coates this year I think

Edit: wrong it's the week after they sit out

I just want to see DWZ pay back Coates with a flying perm special. Would be poetic justice if it ends up being the match winner.

A flying mullet hat trick and a 20 point thumping would do me thank you very much, my heart can’t take another last play thriller

It would be absolutely brutal but the best spot for RTS is fullback. Won't happen though.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry / RTS
4. Pompey
5. Montoya / RTS
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Ford
11. Barnett / Capewell (Origin)
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. CHT
15. Tohu
16. Jazz / Ale / Bunty
17. Capewell / Laban (Origin)

Either RTS fullback and Charnz to right centre for Berry or RTS straight to right centre….Berry might need a break after getting wounded from scoring too many tries eh

PS If we had either at fullback Air Coates gets bundled into the stand in that play

1 CNK
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Pompey
5 Montoya
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 FORD
11 Marata
12 Barnett
13 Tohu

14 Walker
15 Jazz
16 CHT
17 Ale

18 Capewell
19 Lussick
20 Bunty
21 Laban

I prefer our Bald brothers together off the bench as impact players with CHT joining at the same time with Ale. All four would provide tremendous fresh energy against the Storm pack.

Apologizes to Kurt but there’s only room for one old fella on the squad and his name is Tohu

Our depth looks insane…

ok, I'm now convinced - it's got to be pairing of SJ and TMM - the game plan is the thing... is there anyone out there who can give a good example of a team consistently playing well with two half-backs on the field? I know we like to think that 1/2 and 5/8 can be interchangeable and it shouldn't matter... on the evidence though this can't be the case for our team this year... we might be seeing the start of some truely new positional tactics ?

yeah, my bad too, I was skeptical it was the way forward until this week
To be fair on my doubts though - it was of equal importance having mitch and marata there in the second row - gave both TMM and CHT protection and options -- hilarious that while Ford for the most part played amazingly in the middle he still managed to run an obstruction, guy needs to practice that in step...

aganist the storm really important to have those guys there again too

yeah, my bad too, I was skeptical it was the way forward until this week

You know what's a really weird thought. This whole setup that Webbys potentially doing is actually benefitted by injury.

Hear me out.

SJ + Metcalf = Single playmaker + opportunity seeker.

SJ + TMM = Dual playmakers

TMM + CHT = Single playmaker/Dual kickers v1

SJ + CHT = Single playmaker/Dual kickers v2

Imagine having to plan to defend all four those combos... They could even change mid game...

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. Berry/RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Ford
11. Barnett
12. Niukore
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Jazz/Bunty
16. Capewell/Bunty
17. CHT

More than happy with Berry to stay in, but if Webby insists on RTS being in I’d give him
Berrys spot. Unfair? Absolutely, it is what it is.

I don’t see a point in changing this winning team. However Melbourne are way better than the cowboys. Maybe a bigger body like Bunty on the bench will be more serviceable.

Deep down you all know Webby’s gonna stick with Capewell in some capacity. I thought Capewell played fairly well when he came on.

You know what's a really weird thought. This whole setup that Webbys potentially doing is actually benefitted by injury.

Hear me out.

SJ + Metcalf = Single playmaker + opportunity seeker.

SJ + TMM = Dual playmakers

TMM + CHT = Single playmaker/Dual kickers v1

SJ + CHT = Single playmaker/Dual kickers v2

Imagine having to plan to defend all four those combos... They could even change mid game...
yeah I love this - was thinking the same thing

Was good hearing from TMM about the panthers game providing the team with great belief. I think this storm game couldn’t have come at a better time, confidence will be sky high in the team and for anyone taking the field to do their job to the highest of their abilities. This season we needed to show we can foot it with the top teams and we did that against the panthers, and will still be sore from that last second loss to the storm. Really feel like we are hitting our straps at the right time of the season and this game could really cement us as a contender. Playing to a packed stadium should only lift the boys higher for the occasion

To be fair on my doubts though - it was of equal importance having mitch and marata there in the second row - gave both TMM and CHT protection and options -- hilarious that while Ford for the most part played amazingly in the middle he still managed to run an obstruction, guy needs to practice that in step...

aganist the storm really important to have those guys there again too

Is there a stat for how many obstruction calls a player causes, cos I feel like he's gotta be right up there in the top 5 in the NRL 😅

Back