Pick Your Team Warriors v Panthers - Round 11, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Is Roache injured? Otherwise he'd be my replacement for SJ.

1. TMM
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. CNK
5. Pompey
6. Taine
7. Roache
8. AFB (Captain)
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barney
13. Ale

14. Walker
15. Laban
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Tohu

18. Leiataua
19. TSS
20. Lussick
21. Jazz

We are short and desperate. But that's my call for the halves and a way to get TMM out of the driver's seat and return him to a position he can play.
Lets take our only available half out of the halves.

Lets take our only available half out of the halves.
Roache is a half. Tuaupiki is playing as a half. And that only available half you mentioned didn't want to be a half as in directing play, calling plays, conducting plays, kicking for territory or tactically. So what is the value of having him there that could be identified from say the last few games since Souths?

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

John Nick

Contributor
Roache is a half. Tuaupiki is playing as a half. And that only available half you mentioned didn't want to be a half as in directing play, calling plays, conducting plays, kicking for territory or tactically. So what is the value of having him there that could be identified from say the last few games since Souths?

Be careful run_it_str8_again.
Mrs Martin will come out swinging her handbag. 😉 😜

Stalefish540

Contributor
Hopefully CHT is fit.

He can run the show on the left, move TMM back to the right.

Whilst TMM has been Harry Houdini out there, the bits of reggies I've seen of him this year atleast have him as a better left to right passer which may help.

When Metcalf went down CHT was solid in the Knights game.

Otherwise get Taine in there, we can't afford to lose Walker in the middle with Tohu getting around on his zimmerframe.

Roache has mainly played hooker throughout his time in NSW Cup. Tuaupiki is playing as a kicking fullback, not a 100% half ala Reece Walsh.
Te Maire Martin is literally the best available half left, I would leave him at 6. He was looking a lot better once the coach obviously instructed them to go left more often, it was a game plan thing only to go to SJ, it wasn't Te Maires fault.

Worried2Death

Contributor
Is Roache injured? Otherwise he'd be my replacement for SJ.

1. TMM
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. CNK
5. Pompey
6. Taine
7. Roache
8. AFB (Captain)
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barney
13. Ale

14. Walker
15. Laban
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Tohu

18. Leiataua
19. TSS
20. Lussick
21. Jazz

We are short and desperate. But that's my call for the halves and a way to get TMM out of the driver's seat and return him to a position he can play.
It's crazy enough to work, but...

images-3.jpeg

Don't worry, folks. It only took me seventeen minutes and fifteen improbable results on the NRL ladder predictor to get us into the top 8 after our bye. Win v Penrith is now locked in.
Not sure how you had fifteen improbable results when we only have fourteen games to go?

Tragic

Contributor
Who cares who is picked, this train wreck of a team ain't going anywhere.
It was better when we were shit all the time, high expectations just led us to bigger disappointment.
It feels like SK all over again, boring and shit attack with a sprinkle of good defence some weeks.
Bah Humbug.

Worried2Death

Contributor
Who cares who is picked, this train wreck of a team ain't going anywhere.
It was better when we were shit all the time, high expectations just led us to bigger disappointment.
It feels like SK all over again, boring and shit attack with a sprinkle of good defence some weeks.
Bah Humbug.
I couldn't take it if we got the spoon after last year. There's only so much bipolar meds can do.

So this might not make anyone happy but this came to me first in the prelim last year when we got ref screwed and out sprinted by the Broncos. Then again today reading how Fred and Gus were saying the high rate of hamstring and soft tissue injuries are due to the speed of the game increasing.

Both issues told me we are too slow for the game I. It's current state.

So my thoughts vs Broncos were.....SLOW THE GAME DOWN. DICTATE THE SPEED OF THE GAME. Because the Broncos and everyone else are faster than us and faster for longer.

Then in response to Fred and Gus......Slow the game down to our pace. How many times have we kicked the ball over the sideline to give our tiring defence and extra few breaths of oxygen? Why do WE need to keep the ball in play?

So that is my how to beat the three time consecutive premiers this weekend.

Ok team......let's argue the point.

Worried2Death

Contributor
So this might not make anyone happy but this came to me first in the prelim last year when we got ref screwed and out sprinted by the Broncos. Then again today reading how Fred and Gus were saying the high rate of hamstring and soft tissue injuries are due to the speed of the game increasing.

So my thoughts vs Broncos were.....SLOW THE GAME DOWN. DICTATE THE SPEED OF THE GAME. Because the Broncos and everyone else are faster than us and faster for longer.

Then in response to Fred and Gus......Slow the game down to our pace. How many times have we kicked the ball over the sideline to give our tiring defence and extra few breaths of oxygen? Why do WE need to keep the ball in play?

If we're behind on the scoreboard I can't see us kicking it dead, mind you we may as well hand over possession and reset if all we're doing is kicking to the right corner and not contesting.

First and foremost you dictate the speed of the game by winning the ruck......dominant tackles.....id start there.

First and foremost you dictate the speed of the game by winning the ruck......dominant tackles.....id start there.
I fully agree. Have said the same thing and would love our pack and backline to get our defence and discipline to a sharp focused aggressive level. Ta

Back