Pick Your Team Warriors v Panthers - Round 11, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Taines involvement in everything attack wise, in NSW Cup both last plays and kicking means he must be a chance to come in for this game?
Rest SJ this week because we need 3 wins from he next 5 - 2 are against the Panthers and The Storm. The others are Dolphins , Cowboys and Titans. If we can get these and the way the topsy Turvey nature of the comp we are back in the mix for the 8.
Stats for and against have us about 9th but points for wins says something else.
Kosi looked out of sorts back in 1st Grade so would bring back Montoya, or Leauiatua for the beastmode returns.
More Zminutes for Tom Ale please!
Start him at lock as some others have suggested?
I’d have Tohu on the bench for no other reason he would benefit from not getting smashed up in the first 20 - and he can come in at prop.
AFB - I’m going to miss you soooooooooooooooooo much! Freakin awesome player. 💪🏾

Spence Spence & snake77 snake77 seeing as you two watched Roache play #7 in NSW Cup at the weekend, is he in the conversation 😬? From the stats I know he did the majority of the field kicking
Mmm no I don’t think so. His kicking was passable, but I don’t think worth picking him on his kicking. I’d sooner play Roache at 9 and Egan at 7. If we were going to go with something out of the box id bring in Tuaupiki into the halves for the kicking game - or, and this isn’t really a serious thought but it would be fun to see, Leiataua in at 6 for a running half.

Spence Spence & snake77 snake77 seeing as you two watched Roache play #7 in NSW Cup at the weekend, is he in the conversation 😬? From the stats I know he did the majority of the field kicking
I agree with Spence. He did his job in the halves but like the others he wasn't screaming "pick me". They did play to some nice shapes at times so as a half he should be praised for that.

The last NSW Cup game (Panthers) I went to at North Harbour I was keen to see how he'd go at dummy half. More if they played Zyon Maiu’u again and he helped change the momentum it would be good to send on a fresh dummy half to follow up those runs so we continue charging through the middle. A waste of an interchange I know but I thought it would be a useful tactic seeing as teams often interchange their dummy half.

Roache didn't play much dummy half in that game. I was wandering why they were giving the young guy (Tafua) so much time. He did some good runs in that game. After yesterday and seeing more of him I can see their thinking. He likely won't be used this year but I think he has some promise.

Is CHT due back this week or next week?

The comments after the game which I am sure were from Webster at the press conference were not this week. He'd be back the following week.

This article has the following:
The Warriors are hopeful of having five-eighth Chanel Harris-Tevita available next week to replace Johnson against Penrith, if needed.

Mmm no I don’t think so. His kicking was passable, but I don’t think worth picking him on his kicking. I’d sooner play Roache at 9 and Egan at 7. If we were going to go with something out of the box id bring in Tuaupiki into the halves for the kicking game - or, and this isn’t really a serious thought but it would be fun to see, Leiataua in at 6 for a running half.
Did Leiataua start on the right and then move to the left?

I may have mistaken him for someone else in the first half before Doyle went off. I thought he was on the left but the team list makes it look like he may have been on the left paired with Montoya.

He definitely was on the left once Doyle went off. I'm just not sure if it was move infield or he swapped sides and changed position. As they are high on Berry I've thought it would be good to see Leiataua play some time on the left. Otherwise, it could be a while until there is a spot in first grade.

He didn't look too bad in the halves. It helped get the ball in his hands more.

Did Leiataua start on the right and then move to the left?

I may have mistaken him for someone else in the first half before Doyle went off. I thought he was on the left but the team list makes it look like he may have been on the left paired with Montoya.

He definitely was on the left once Doyle went off. I'm just not sure if it was move infield or he swapped sides and changed position. As they are high on Berry I've thought it would be good to see Leiataua play some time on the left. Otherwise, it could be a while until there is a spot in first grade.

He didn't look too bad in the halves. It helped get the ball in his hands more.
He started at right centre, then took Farrs left hand half spot when Ben went to fullback. Kayliss came on at right centre for Ali.

The comments after the game which I am sure were from Webster at the press conference were not this week. He'd be back the following week.

The Warriors are hopeful of having five-eighth Chanel Harris-Tevita available next week to replace Johnson against Penrith, if needed.

NRL casualty ward says round 14 which is after the bye

Webbys quote was (paraphrased): CHT might be back this week, if not definitely next week.

1. CNK.
2. DWZ.
3. Berry.
4. Pompey/Leiataua.
5. Pompey/Montoya.
6. TMM
7. CHT hopefully fit. If not, take a punt on Taine
8. AFB.
9. Egan
10. Barnett. More valuable to us in the middle imo
11. Ford
12. Laban.
13. Tohu
14. Walker.
15. Ale.
16. Zyon Maiu’u/Jazz. Doesnt matter who, they'll only play 11 minutes.
17. Taine if CHT is fit. If not, then anyone else from cup (Going, Ieremia, TSS, Roache)

NRL has him back round 14 but in the article today on stuff they said he’s a chance for this week. That would be great!!! He’s not going to be our hero but at least he’s an actual half. Who knows who Webby would put there otherwise, kosi?? 🤣

Not sure why Laban and Zyon Maiu’u didn’t make the 17 after good performances. Webby still needs to find balance between safety first and having a little youth/risk in the team. Problem with safety first this year is they are still leaking a lot of points but can’t score.

For something a little bit different, put Taine at fullback, TMM at 7 Chanze to play centre with Dalin on the right side. DW to play 6 with Pompey and MM on left side.
Taine is good at bringing the ball back and Chanze would put energies into scoring/setting up tries.(rather than being battered by opposing forwards)

Is Roache injured? Otherwise he'd be my replacement for SJ.

1. TMM
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. CNK
5. Pompey
6. Taine
7. Roache
8. AFB (Captain)
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Ford
12. Barney
13. Ale

14. Walker
15. Laban
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Tohu

18. Leiataua
19. TSS
20. Lussick
21. Jazz

We are short and desperate. But that's my call for the halves and a way to get TMM out of the driver's seat and return him to a position he can play.

Back