Sports Black Caps

As has been mentioned earlier Chapman has been massive for us in several games in 2023 and before.
Just because he failed today…..
So did Mitchell.
So did Conway again!
Hard to take much from 20/20 form. Coming in after 10 overs is a completely different expectation than coming in early.

With our brilliant starts the middle order needs to take more risks and just bash from ball 1.

Hard to take much from 20/20 form. Coming in after 10 overs is a completely different expectation than coming in early.

With our brilliant starts the middle order needs to take more risks and just bash from ball 1.
I agree. You can't really infer much from T20 to ODI.
But that said Fin Allen's innings was a statement innings.

Warner launched himself in T20.

My NZ ATG Test Side

1 Turner
2 Wrighty - Richardson averaged more but Wright did it against harder attacks
3 Kane
4 Crowe
5 Rossco
6 Sutcliffe
7 D Vettori
8 Hadleei
9 Ian Smith (Keeper)
10 Tim Southee
11 Trent Boult

Sorry Jack Cowie and Donnelly etc

The only problem with my side is that there is no realistic 5th bowling option. Kane has a suspect action and so maybe Martin needs to bowl five overs of rubbish slow medium each day

My team will be made up from the era I have only known.

1 T Latham
2 K Williamson
3 S Flemming c
4 R Taylor
5 N Astle
6 C Cairns
7 B McCullum wk
8 D Vettori
9 T Southee
10 S Bond
11 T Boult

My team will be made up from the era I have only known.

1 T Latham
2 K Williamson
3 S Flemming c
4 R Taylor
5 N Astle
6 C Cairns
7 B McCullum wk
8 D Vettori
9 T Southee
10 S Bond
11 T Boult
Not happy with any team that excludes Hadlee

Here he is at his irresistible best

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xWREQ5KME

Tim Southee in an interview showed once he had this sequence of footage memorised

All of Tim Trent etc grew up idolising Hadlee

It is between Marshall and Hadlee for being the greatest pace bowler of all time.

Not happy with any team that excludes Hadlee

Here he is at his irresistible best

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xWREQ5KME

Tim Southee in an interview showed once he had this sequence of footage memorised

All of Tim Trent etc grew up idolising Hadlee

It is between Marshall and Hadlee for being the greatest pace bowler of all time.

I completely agree hadlee is a great, but this is a team picked of only players I've seen and grown up watching.

Put a sneaky fiver on the Powerplay for both teams getting 5+ catches and a runout, and by God it came through for me!

Thank you cricketing gods 😅

Screenshot_20240117-182035_Chrome.jpg

Wrighty, I remember back to the days of the B&H tri series days in Oz. We got through to the finals against Australia but Hadlee was ruled out through injury for one game. One of the Australians in the crowd came up with one of the all time great signs…… “New Zealand is up the creek without its paddles”.

Back