Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
They both going to get into a bidding war Luai. Tigers had offered $1.2 million for 4 years, now bulldogs have offered 5 years and sounding likely.
That’s crazy- if I was those clubs I’d much rather afb than luai.
I’m wondering if those clubs pulling out is because they’ve been informed he’s going elsewhere and they’re just saving face/ moving on.

I’m wondering if those clubs pulling out is because they’ve been informed he’s going elsewhere and they’re just saving face/ moving on.
Whatever club goes for him will be paying what we are at a minimum, as it stands the dragons offer a pay rise. Not much being mentioned of the player offered will prioritise a club, hopefully still on the cards. Had seen somewhere that dragons had said Francis Molo was free to look around.

That’s crazy- if I was those clubs I’d much rather afb than luai.
I would think the Wests tigers would prefer the signature of Luai after the departure of Brooks. Their halves are lacking.

Isn't AFB mates with Mosese Suli, who he was with in the Tongan camp when all of this started? I thought I saw a soundbite of Suli talking about how well AFB would fit in at the Dragons, but can't find evidence of it so might be mistaken.

I've been re-watching games from last year and it will be really interesting who is in line to replace Sironen.

Knowing the result of the game and looking at the winning games makes it easier to watch and I was really impressed with what he offered.

Our bench make up will be really intersting, I'm guessing Jazz and Walker have two spots, so would expect another 2nd rower a one more big body.

Who is our Sironen replacement?

I've been re-watching games from last year and it will be really interesting who is in line to replace Sironen.

Knowing the result of the game and looking at the winning games makes it easier to watch and I was really impressed with what he offered.

Our bench make up will be really intersting, I'm guessing Jazz and Walker have two spots, so would expect another 2nd rower a one more big body.

Who is our Sironen replacement?

I'm guessing CHT - Bulks up just a little bit more, and offers a slightly different skillset to Sironen. But, I guess if you're there as a utility that's you're value, so it doesn't matter too much what that skill set is (within reason of course, most teams won't carry a winger on the bench)

I'm guessing CHT - Bulks up just a little bit more, and offers a slightly different skillset to Sironen. But, I guess if you're there as a utility that's you're value, so it doesn't matter too much what that skill set is (within reason of course, most teams won't carry a winger on the bench)
lol, of course!

So bench of Jazz, Walker and CHT....plus one more.

Very little, but awefully mobile.

At worst I'm seeing CHT as our next 14 ie primarily covering Egan but could fit in from 1-7 if need arises.
Honestly, I think CHT starts in the halves for the Knock On Effect Cup (Or whatever it's official name is in 2024, basically the NSWRL Team) and we take it from there but I don't see him as taking FL's 9 spot if WE goes down...Based on what he did at the Warriors in his previous time here...
But, as Tonbridge just said, if he can do 9 and kill it...
So, um, yeah, going back to my beginning point I guess: CHT is not a Starting 13 player in the NRL for the first few rounds....

Isn't AFB mates with Mosese Suli, who he was with in the Tongan camp when all of this started? I thought I saw a soundbite of Suli talking about how well AFB would fit in at the Dragons, but can't find evidence of it so might be mistaken.

Think Talakai at the sharks is his cousin also? But you’re right, Flanagan got Suli to get in his ear at one stage was a headline of an article.

Why do we care so much about other clubs recruiting. AFB is with us next season which, along with Capewell will help the young guys like Laban and Zyon Maiu’u develop into FG quicker. They do not need to rush to recruit new zprops as we have another season of AFB.

Caleb Clarke is training with Souths as a change. He is a Souths fan because of Greg Inglis, he enjoyed watching him as a kid. Any way Jordie Barrett did the same at Melbourne..

Lastly, if we are looking at Union players I would suggest looking at ITM cup players.

Why do we care so much about other clubs recruiting. AFB is with us next season which, along with Capewell will help the young guys like Laban and Zyon Maiu’u develop into FG quicker. They do not need to rush to recruit new zprops as we have another season of AFB.

Caleb Clarke is training with Souths as a change. He is a Souths fan because of Greg Inglis, he enjoyed watching him as a kid. Any way Jordie Barrett did the same at Melbourne..

Lastly, if we are looking at Union players I would suggest looking at ITM cup players.
I wouldn’t look at ITM cup players personally, because that’s not a competition

Needaname
Just read an SMH article with quotes from the presser and also the recent statement re withdrawing from AFB.
Earlier today he claims
“I will not recruit a player that Benji Marshall does not want at the club”.
Hours later after speaking to Benji about the current deals on offer he announces that they have withdrawn their offer for AFB.
Does this mean Benji was not sold on AFB? In what world would you be offering a contract to a player that the coach doesn’t want to have at the club?
The offer came as a bit of a surprise, who actually put forward the offer.

Seems like whatever AFB is saying at some of the clubs he’s met with so far aren’t leaving a good impression.

Back