1. 2016
  2. 2017
  3. 2018
  4. 2019
  5. 2020
  6. 2021
  7. 2024
Signed From
Sydney Roosters, Auckland Blues (Rugby Union)
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Warriors Player of the Year
  3. Golden Boot
  4. Dally M (Positional Award)
  5. Dally M (Overall)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Tuivasa-Sheck
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/roger-tuivasa-sheck/summary.html
I genuinely think RTS will adapt to centre.

I could sit here and make excuses for him (has been played out of position for alot of the season so far... Etc), but only thing I can really suggest is: If Webby is that adamant he can do it, he can do it.

There's a brick wall and he needs to break through it.
My opinion is he needs to be coached to relax and enjoy his footy. Have fun in his role. He appears to me as if he's mentally bound by some brick wall

It’s almost like he hasn’t learnt how to fit into playing on a good team and is trying too hard to be the only good player on a bad team that he was use to for so long.

Maybe he doesn’t need to jink and dodge everytime and go full balls to the wall. Maybe he needs to learn deception now. Pompey is slow as dogshit but somehow makes it work in favour. He always beats defenders by putting them to sleep and then bang steps em with that nasty last second change of direction.

Pompey is like James Harden and RTS is like Westbrook.

We all know what happened to Westbrook when his athletiscm left him. RTS is one bad injury away from disaster.

He needs to:

a) learn how to pass the ball - Montoya is getting a cold outside of him
b) run straight and not across field - Montoya if he gets the ball, gets the sideline as well

other than that he is doing ok
When he played for Auckland, he was always best on the right side. I think if Berry wasn't a right side center, he would be playing on that side.

Roger needs to straighten up a lot more before he can pass. He slides too much.

Hasn't he played centre in a few of our first games. Pretty sure we saw some glimpses of brilliance from him.
Most of the team was playing clunky and Manly were shutting down a lot of our plays.

Hasn't he played centre in a few of our first games. Pretty sure we saw some glimpses of brilliance from him.
Most of the team was playing clunky and Manly were shutting down a lot of our plays.
Yeah pretty much ignited our second half resurgence in the Storm game. I’ll always give Roger a chance because he’s THE guy. Once he clicks into his role our team will be rolling. Also much better chance with him against teams like the Broncos and Panthers

He needs to:

a) learn how to pass the ball - Montoya is getting a cold outside of him
b) run straight and not across field - Montoya if he gets the ball, gets the sideline as well

other than that he is doing ok
TMM can throw a cut out to Montoya. My gut feeling is he'll play great soon and even if he gets Dally m centre of the year he will be unsatisfied until his father says "well done son, I am proud of you '

That's all speculation but I have a PhD in speculation and sarcasm.

When he played for Auckland, he was always best on the right side. I think if Berry wasn't a right side center, he would be playing on that side.

Roger needs to straighten up a lot more before he can pass. He slides too much.
100%. Majority of his highlights in a Warriors jumper, think the Rapana try saver, the incorrectly adjudicated match winning right hand flick pass which should have won a game against the Eels in '19, the match securing try against the Raiders in Round 3 etc etc. are on the righthand side.
He'll improve on the left, would be better on the right, but fits best on the left in the current squad

Last edited:
Wow tough crowd.

What is it now 3rd/4th game at centre? His first game playing centre on an edge with a new standoff and fullback? And u want him gone from that position already? Sheesh u guys arent much into playing the long game are u.

The errors didnt help and there's work ons for sure. I sure as hell wouldnt bet against him not making a go of it tho.

Wow tough crowd.

What is it now 3rd/4th game at centre? His first game playing centre on an edge with a new standoff and fullback? And u want him gone from that position already? Sheesh u guys arent much into playing the long game are u.

The errors didnt help and there's work ons for sure. I sure as hell wouldnt bet against him not making a go of it tho.
Just go look at the past posts regarding Berry to see how quick people write off a player 😅

Last edited:
He’d be better on the right for sure but god passing will come into question. He does have that nasty right hand flick pass out the back though. Would kill it with his left foot step

Perhaps it's more to do with good coaches watching our attack and coming up with a defensive plan to nullify it. The defence strangled RTS yesterday, they also nullified our ruck which worked brilliantly last week.
In years gone by we had only one plan of attack which we could have used last night if it wasn't so wet. Kick it to Manu.

100%. Majority of his highlights in a Warriors jumper, think the Rapana try saver, the incorrectly adjudicated match winning right hand flick pass which should have won a game against the Eels in '19, the match securing try against the Raiders in Round 3 etc etc. are on the righthand side.
He'll improve on the left, would be better on the right, but fits best on the left in the current squad
In that 2018 side he parked himself almost exclusively on the left when playing fullback. They sort of structured it Green in the middle with SJ on the right and Roger on the left. I thought that’s maybe why they gave him the left hand side

Perhaps it's more to do with good coaches watching our attack and coming up with a defensive plan to nullify it. The defence strangled RTS yesterday, they also nullified our ruck which worked brilliantly last week.
In years gone by we had only one plan of attack which we could have used last night if it wasn't so wet. Kick it to Manu.
Manly were great. They played an awesome plan against us. It's under such circumstances we show our mettle

He’d be better on the right for sure but god passing will come into question. He does have that nasty right hand flick pass out the back though. Would kill it with his left foot step

He’s never really had to pass the ball in the past so he’ll need time to develop that skill

Defensive reads really boils down to experience

It’s like driving a car. You can read up all you want but it’s not until you start driving that you really learn

Wow tough crowd.

He's gone from Fullback, to right wing, to left center in the space of the last three games. All while trying to learn how to play left center....

I actually thought there were some promising signs in the Manly game. Give it another 5 - 6 games with our best spine back now and lets see how he goes. Just needs to relax and do his job, not over do it, and he'll be fine.