Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
They can negotiate anything verbally as long as they don’t sign anything without talking to parental club first or have secret recording from an undercover lol. Don’t text or email to avoid accidental mines

I love how after a draw and a loss our players are suddenly shit. Relax guys.
The dragons played really good on a Friday night in the gong. We gave away a few dumb penalties and they got a roll on. Lomax had one of those unbelievable games also.
We will be fine. We have Titans on Thursday after a 5 day turnaround and then a 10 day break into a Knights team without their Dally M winning superstar.
We’ve had a ton of injuries also.

I love how after a draw and a loss our players are suddenly shit. Relax guys.
The dragons played really good on a Friday night in the gong. We gave away a few dumb penalties and they got a roll on. Lomax had one of those unbelievable games also.
We will be fine. We have Titans on Thursday after a 5 day turnaround and then a 10 day break into a Knights team without their Dally M winning superstar.
We’ve had a ton of injuries also.
Agreed - quite brittle mentally some are. I get it. We all do. We know what it means to suck as a team. But a game is 1/26th of the season. Chill fams -we needed a bit of humble pie with all the hype. We got it. Now how do we respond? that is what matters now.

In terms of recruitment I have a feeling we are done. Another year for our props to get experience, Laban as 2nd row cover... get players back from injury. Go again next year with 2 years of Webby season. But I do think we need contingency plans if we have anymore compassionate leave aussies... just saying!

hey can negotiate anything verbally as long as they don’t sign anything without talking to parental club first or have secret recording from an undercover lol. Don’t text or email to avoid accidental mines
A bit crazy how the fans often understand the rules better than the journalists who are supposed to live and breath this stuff.

Agreed - quite brittle mentally some are. I get it. We all do. We know what it means to suck as a team. But a game is 1/26th of the season. Chill fams -we needed a bit of humble pie with all the hype. We got it. Now how do we respond? that is what matters now.

In terms of recruitment I have a feeling we are done. Another year for our props to get experience, Laban as 2nd row cover... get players back from injury. Go again next year with 2 years of Webby season. But I do think we need contingency plans if we have anymore compassionate leave aussies... just saying!
Yeah .Everyone questioning the coaches thinking.Move RTS, Capewells shit,SJs shit,Montoya gonesky,.
No need to panic yet .Its how we front up Thurs that is the guts of the matter.

If people are blowing up at 2/3 of the players then I'd point the finger at the coach lol, as much as I love Webby he hasn't got it right in the last 2 weeks, be it injuries or bad bench manipulation with the benefit of hindsight (some called it before the games anyway), quite concerning to see him being more stern at half time talk (as he should) but there was no response. The worst part in the weekend is how soft the defense was, if you can't score points or are making dumb mistakes, at least defend like last year but 30 points from a bunch of mistackles or not jumping is a shocker.

Recruit Ivan 🤣 🤣 🤣