Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. The new associated health minister lied, she's not getting the sack.... Hipkins throwing barbs in question time isn't going to cause him to resign.
Do you support baseless allegations that are purely designed as a dirty politics smear campaign?

Does Labour have Cam Slater advising them now?

I don’t think anyone likes that sort of dirty politics and it will backfire on Hipkins if he can’t back it up…

The books are bad - but keeping stupid legislation that makes the economy worse still needs fixing. And it’s not a tax cut, it’s the ability to claim a legitimate expense.

It’s like a drug addict saying we can’t go clean because it’s going to have short term bad consequences… CUT OUT THE FAILED EXPERIMENT.

No other country denies interest deductibility, it wasn’t supported by treasury or IRD and it has resulted in the predicted huge rental increases. It’s wrong and dud policy.
Interest deductibility was still available on new builds, it was a worthy policy to encourage increase in housing stock rather than investors trading in existing housing stock, inflating prices.

Interest deductibility was still available on new builds, it was a worthy policy to encourage increase in housing stock rather than investors trading in existing housing stock, inflating prices.
Did it work… 🤣

Housing developers are currently going bankrupt left right and centre and new build sales have collapsed.

I do support increasing new builds but Labour just didn’t have a clue how to achieve it.

Did it work… 🤣

Housing developers are currently going bankrupt left right and centre and new build sales have collapsed.
Biggest increase in house building since the 60s, if i remember correctly. So yes it did work. The RBNZ has been doing all it can to fuck the construction sector and the whole economy for the past 13-14 months.

Do you support baseless allegations that are purely designed as a dirty politics smear campaign?

Does Labour have Cam Slater advising them now?

I don’t think anyone likes that sort of dirty politics and it will backfire on Hipkins if he can’t back it up…
You don't know it's baseless.

Biggest increase in house building since the 60s, if i remember correctly. So yes i did work. The RBNZ has been doing all it can to fuck the construction sector and the whole economy for the past 13-14 months.
2 years ago BEFORE the interest deductibility came in there was a surge in new builds. It’s not fully implemented yet and the housing market has already stalled because rentals are uneconomic.

In tinkering to fix it, they killed the market.

2 years ago BEFORE the interest deductibility came in there was a surge in new builds. It’s not fully implemented yet and the housing market has already stalled because rentals are uneconomic.

In tinkering to fix it, they killed the market.
New Interest deductibility rules were announced in 2021.
I don't agree that the new(ish) tax rules were a good long term plan - but I think they were right for that moment in time. They should have been set for a review in ~5years.
Just so happens that they were kicked out in 3.

New Interest deductibility rules were announced in 2021.
I don't agree that the new(ish) tax rules were a good long term plan - but I think they were right for that moment in time. They should have been set for a review in ~5years.
Just so happens that they were kicked out in 3.
Honestly it was an ill thought out reaction to not getting the capital gains tax thorough. A capital gains tax would have been better. I understand the logic of trying to get a cut of housing profits but this doesn’t allow relief for housing loses like a capital gains tax would.

There’s a saying all businesses thrive when times are good but the bad ones are exposed when times are tough.

You can load taxes on when times are good but this has failed and crippled the market when the economy slowed down. You simply cant bring in taxes that make a business uneconomic and unviable.

Glad the new government is pushing back against this entitled view from the Maori elite.

‘The claimants argued by failing to engage with Māori on an issue that would lead to the loss of Māori lives, the government was failing to meet its obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi.’

No, it was decided by a democratic election and it impacts all NZers, not just Maori.

Have all of you guys having a shot at Chris Luxon thought of his mental health? You really need to be a lot kinder to our democratically elected leader. He has feelings too

Be kind please
Mate, that only goes to the left, even more so if you are female. the right is a free for all regardless.

Back