General NSW Cup 2024

I'm conflicted on the short drop out rule. A team works so hard to pin the other in the in-goal. There should be a guaranteed reward for that.

Sport likes a fifty fifty contest though.

I dunno if I like it either, but I am pretty sure I would love it if another Manu Vatuvei came along and out leapt everyone, every time we are in trouble.

The rule is probably fine, our readiness to exploit it is what causes doubt atm.

So many errors in the last 15 min. Did we finish a set?. Honestly. The Cup side really needs to sort themselves out. So much talent but massive lack of execution. Poor at times. Lucky to be ahead really

I still struggle to comprehend why Temple Kalepo turned down a guaranteed top 30 spot, despite rehabbing an injury, for us in 2022 when 3 seasons later he's Newcastle's 5th or 6th ranked dummy half.
The only management company sillier than his is the one that let Otukolo & the Kepu's walk away from pro careers for better opportunities elsewhere.

Talking of #9's, for someone earmarked as a teenager prodigy, Roache sure lacks the ability to pass the ball to his right with any width or accuracy

I still struggle to comprehend why Temple Kalepo turned down a guaranteed top 30 spot, despite rehabbing an injury, for us in 2022 when 3 seasons later he's Newcastle's 5th or 6th ranked dummy half.
The only management company sillier than his is the one that let Otukolo & the Kepu's walk away from pro careers for better opportunities elsewhere.

Talking of #9's, for someone earmarked as a teenager prodigy, Roache sure lacks the ability to pass the ball to his right with any width or accuracy
He will probably be back here later playing cup. He was with us for a while wasn't he?

I'm conflicted on the short drop out rule. A team works so hard to pin the other in the in-goal. There should be a guaranteed reward for that.
Don't be conflicted, mate.

It's a terrible rule.

Try score a try and knock on in goal? 7 tackle set from the 20.

Try for a high kick, caught in goal by defence? 7 tackle set from the 20.

Now add in this drop out rule, it's cooked.

At least the six again rule makes sense, it's just a lottery that is the only issue with it.

Like a lot of Warriors teams, the cohesion both sides of the ball falls apart without an experienced hooker.
Freddy would have made a massive difference to this game, just as Egan makes the same leap for the top side when he plays.

Since we have gone heavy on recruiting halves this iteration, and we have three fullbacks, it might be nice to have one more NRL fringe hooker at the club giving us the same depth we have in the other three areas of the spine.

Since we have gone heavy on recruiting halves this iteration, and we have three fullbacks, it might be nice to have one more NRL fringe hooker at the club giving us the same depth we have in the other three areas of the spine.
Has Jacob Auloa got on yet? Him and Kaawyn Patterson look like really good prospects in SG Ball and HM respectively. I wonder if Auloa has jumped Makaia Tafua (from Canterbury) in the hooking ranks given his promotion to Cup. Fukofuka is in there too - but just back from injury I thought I read, so makes sense to do that via Flegg?