Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is not only in Lyttelton where there have been such issues

Weren’t there delays due to mammals in San Francisco and Plymouth.

There wouldn't have been racing there either if the mammals had not moved on

Wussel, imo is a dickhead of the highest order - he agreed the conditions under which racing could occur and has now acted like an offended rich boy when daddy told him to leave the Ferrari in the garage

Coutts is a dickhead, but he's right. They aren't critically endangered but that's not the best part.

Eleven dolphin observers — part of a programme totalling $78,000 — were required to be on site from Thursday despite a reduction in practice to just 11 minutes on that day by the harbourmaster.

Fake environmental grift as usual...
The real point is we will lose the event next year; we had the same fiasco around films and they have dried up; big concerts are avoiding us (Eden park resource consent), we ban oil unannounced and international business avoid us, etc.

Nobody wants the hassle of coming here and we’re developing a reputation as being anti anything. Coutts said after the Auckland fiasco that other countries go out of their way to make things happen whereas we find barriers.

We’re becoming a high quality rest home country where nothing happens because we make it so hard.

The real point is we will lose the event next year; we had the same fiasco around films and they have dried up; big concerts are avoiding us (Eden park resource consent), etc.

Nobody wants the hassle of coming here and we’re developing a reputation as being anti anything. Courts said after Auckland fiasco that other countries go out of their way to make things happen whereas we find barriers.

We’re becoming a high quality rest home country where nothing happens because we make it so hard.
But what about the dolphins?

It is not only in Lyttelton where there have been such issues

Weren’t there delays due to mammals in San Francisco and Plymouth.

There wouldn't have been racing there either if the mammals had not moved on

Wussel, imo is a dickhead of the highest order - he agreed the conditions under which racing could occur and has now acted like an offended rich boy when daddy told him to leave the Ferrari in the garage

Yeah the fact hes reneging is super fucking shit. Dont agree and then bitch about it

The real point is we will lose the event next year; we had the same fiasco around films and they have dried up; big concerts are avoiding us (Eden park resource consent), we ban oil unannounced and international business avoid us, etc.

Nobody wants the hassle of coming here and we’re developing a reputation as being anti anything. Coutts said after the Auckland fiasco that other countries go out of their way to make things happen whereas we find barriers.

And these same issues transfer into building infrastructure or operating a business.

One of the key reasons we don’t build much at huge expense and our costs are astronomical.

In Rarotonga - they use NZ dollar, use goods imported from NZ but despite remoteness, tiny economy and transport cost, our stuff is cheaper there.

Massive unseen costs and inefficiencies added between manufacturer and end consumer doing business in NZ

And these same issues transfer into building infrastructure or operating a business.

One of the key reasons we don’t build much at huge expense and our costs are astronomical.

In Rarotonga - they use NZ dollar, use goods imported from NZ but despite remoteness, tiny economy and transport cost, our stuff is cheaper there.

Massive unseen costs and inefficiencies added between manufacturer and end consumer doing business in NZ
Yes but what does that have to do with dolphins, it's a question of placing our economic needs over the safety of another species, that's how we get in these ecological messes in the first place. I like dolphins, funny little fellers.

Yes but what does that have to do with dolphins, it's a question of placing our economic needs over the safety of another species, that's how we get in these ecological messes in the first place. I like dolphins, funny little fellers.
My point is, no one has actually shown that the boats even hit dolphins. Some academic in Dunedin has deemed it off limits, but to me that's an unelected official making a unilateral decision based off emotion. Which can in fact be mitigated if you cough up 78K for some "dolphin watchers"

That in effect is what Wiz is talking about. Its basically legalised corruption if you squint hard enough.

My point is, no one has actually shown that the boats even hit dolphins. Some academic in Dunedin has deemed it off limits, but to me that's an unelected official making a unilateral decision based off emotion. Which can in fact be mitigated if you cough up 78K for some "dolphin watchers"

That in effect is what Wiz is talking about. Its basically legalised corruption if you squint hard enough.
Very clever species.
E.G. I have seen them close up bow wave riding a moving vessel and having fun apparently.
Next thing one of our stupid passengers threw an apple(or similar)at the them and they amazingly disappeared.
Something is radically wrong here and whatever it is I have deep distrust of Coutts

But how do you know you're not squinting for corruption that isn't there and finding it with confirmation bias? Not saying you're wrong, but how far do you take that line or thinking, maybe they're simply watching out for breeding dolphins as marine biologists, rather than "emotion", what does that mean anyway? Seems like Coutts is the emotional one spitting the dummy, what a snowflake.

Last edited:
But how do you know you're not squinting for corruption that isn't there and finding it with confirmation bias? Not saying you're wrong, but how far do you take that line or thinking, maybe they're simply watching out for breeding dolphins as marine biologists, rather than "emotion", what does that mean anyway? Seems like Coutts is the emotional one spitting the dummy, what a snowflake.
Because a serious academic would simply show boat strikes on dolphins, get the state to ban the activity in the area and that would be the end of it. But in this case no evidence, some chequebook diplomacy and its sorted. Furthermore the grifting dolphin watchers only managed to spot 1 dolphin. Hardly the packed sanctuary.

Because a serious academic would simply show boat strikes on dolphins, get the state to ban the activity in the area and that would be the end of it. But in this case no evidence, some chequebook diplomacy and its sorted. Furthermore the grifting dolphin watchers only managed to spot 1 dolphin. Hardly the packed sanctuary.
Fair, is it a confirmed dolphin breeding area or not? Can only go on what the marine biologists say, why would they lie, for 78K?
Are scientists obliged to show evidence to the media because Russell is whipping up a noise? Maybe, for public perception purposes.

Fair, is it a confirmed dolphin breeding area or not? Can only go on what the marine biologists say, why would they lie, for 78K?
Are scientists obliged to show evidence to the media because Russell is whipping up a noise? Maybe, for public perception purposes.
She’s not lying. I can guarantee she firmly believes that the racing is harmful to the dolphins. And she can have her conscious eased by the money, because there’s no real documented threat
IMG_8788.jpeg

Back