International Pacific Championship

Question: I read in a previous post that some kiwi players who can whakapapa to Samoa were getting a lot of flack on social media for choosing to play for the Kiwi's, was watching the test and saw Jamayne Isaako got booed while taking conversions ??? - were there any incidents I've missed???
They were booing everything regarding the Kiwis, not just Jamayne.

My mate was at the game and right by a Samoan fan yelling at Isaako calling him a traitor while taking a kick at goal.

I mean they booed Solomona scoring a try and tapping his Samoan tattoo ffs

Nas closed his eyes during the Manu Siva Tau.
Pretty sure the sun was just in his eyes all the way up there 😂

1698282085497.png

My mate was at the game and right by a Samoan fan yelling at Isaako calling him a traitor while taking a kick at goal.
That sort of behavior is sad. Isaako has every right to represent who he wants. I was at a Kiwis v Toa Samoa crowd some years ago and there was none of this. Just a great time had by all and lots of respect for both sides.

They were booing everything regarding the Kiwis, not just Jamayne.
I was at the game (Nz born Toa Samoa supporter) and yes, we booed the Samoan kiwis.

We booed F. Brown for choosing Kiwis over us.
We booed at Isaako scoring and going for conversions.
We booed at NAS scoring.
We booed at all the Samoan kiwis scoring and we may have gotten abit carried away and booed the haka also.
In the end we booed the rest of the kiwis because we were getting spanked.

But that's just us backing our boys.
That us as fans showing them we haven't given up on them and saying thank you for choosing Samoa. Even after that hiding majority of the Toa supporters stayed to say thanks to the team. Singing and dancing.
This is something you won't get playing for tier 1 nations and I hope it brings all our stars home.

I was at the game (Nz born Toa Samoa supporter) and yes, we booed the Samoan kiwis.

We booed F. Brown for choosing Kiwis over us.
We booed at Isaako scoring and going for conversions.
We booed at NAS scoring.
We booed at all the Samoan kiwis scoring and we may have gotten abit carried away and booed the haka also.
In the end we booed the rest of the kiwis because we were getting spanked.

But that's just us backing our boys.
That us as fans showing them we haven't given up on them and saying thank you for choosing Samoa. Even after that hiding majority of the Toa supporters stayed to say thanks to the team. Singing and dancing.
This is something you won't get playing for tier 1 nations and I hope it brings all our stars home.
Wachu talking bout Willis, Isaako's born and bred in Aranui, he is home

Some people are fortunate enough to have more than 1 home.
I'm 35 born and bred in Auckland, and never been to Samoa. But I know when I go to the Motherland, Caesar is home.
I feel you brother, every diaspora hears the same ancient cry for home in their soul. I just wanted to say wachu talkin bout Willis really.
And go the mighty Aranui Eagles.

Last edited:
Would love to see MMT clash with Toa this year. At the moment I think the Tongans are building their brand nicely, and hopefully perform well in their series against England. Toa will probably get a new coach, I would imagine, I think MMT, are ahead of them.

Would love to see MMT clash with Toa this year. At the moment I think the Tongans are building their brand nicely, and hopefully perform well in their series against England. Toa will probably get a new coach, I would imagine, I think MMT, are ahead of them.
They should have a double header with Toa vs MMT and Kiwis vs Kangaroos at Eden Park... Try and hype up the international game here in NZ in front of a huge crowd... 😍

They should have a double header with Toa vs MMT and Kiwis vs Kangaroos at Eden Park... Try and hype up the international game here in NZ in front of a huge crowd... 😍
It is pretty obvious eh.

They should play the Tonga Samoa Clash as the top game and NZ and Aus as the first game, show some progressive thinking and a nod to the new fans breathing life into this sport.

Yeah, Mainly booing everyone that was Samoan in the Kiwi team. Nas closed his eyes during the Manu Siva Tau. That's a sign of he felt a way about it too. Maybe he felt he should be with Toa. There are talks that he & Leota might swap and join Toa at some stage.
Funny no one mentions all the players with Maori and pakeha heritage who chose to play for samoa…
Asi, Arthur’s, hunt….
Let them play for whoever they want i reckon- they all have their reasons- who r we to judge.

That sort of behavior is sad. Isaako has every right to represent who he wants. I was at a Kiwis v Toa Samoa crowd some years ago and there was none of this. Just a great time had by all and lots of respect for both sides.
Also, players who can play for different nations are quite obviously going to bring the question of: "If I go for Team A where I live and get picked, I could play against C, against D 2 times and against E and as for next year, D 2 times again and E 3 times whereas if I go for Team B where I was born they have proposed games against E and F this year and nothing planned for next year..." into the discussion

Makes things a bit mercernary, certainly, but NRL/Super League is where the money's at and if a player wants to be signed for one of the Big Boys, playing international games against the best nd being seen certainly helps.

Similar kind of logic that drives decisions as to which club a player wants to play for: "Will I have a chance to play finals?"