Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also pretty much hug the curbside as much as possible. Where a lot of other cyclists think they have a right to the road.
sometimes cyclists will need to "take the road" (occupy the whole lane) where it is unsafe for cars to pass. A good example of this is on Tamaki Drive on the Mission Bay section, which has been narrowed recently, so is now only 1 vehicle wide either side

Many of us brought in to Megan Woods and her continually telling us that Labour has built over 4,000 new state houses from June 2022 until October 2023. Sounds very impressive.... until you see that over 20% off those new houses are not occupied. 5% of the state houses (just under 4000 houses) were unoccupied at 31 October 2023. Yet the number of people waiting for a state house from 2017 to 2023 went from just under 6,000 to over 25,000.

And some people think that the government should just keep giving Kāinga Ora more blank cheques to build more state houses.

And the worst thing about this is a number of people won't consider this a problem because they'll start to read the article below, and, as soon as they see the name Chris Bishop, will dismiss this as a problem.

The KO vacancy report shows a different picture. Bishop simply wants to sink KO.

1705609968001.png

Seems reasonable that there might be some rolling lag between new builds being completed and being tenanted.
Seems a good portion of the vacant housing is under repair or about to be and a number to be demo'd for redevelopment.

KO should get carte blanche until the social housing stock numbers are at a reasonable level. They are doing a good job.

The KO vacancy report shows a different picture. Bishop simply wants to sink KO.

View attachment 4919
Seems reasonable that there might be some rolling lag between new builds being completed and being tenanted.
Seems a good portion of the vacant housing is under repair or about to be and a number to be demo'd for redevelopment.

KO should get carte blanche until the social housing stock numbers are at a reasonable level. They are doing a good job.
I don’t see 5% vacancy as extreme. There’s always tenant changing, repairs, redevelopment, etc.

Weird they stager tenants into a 200 unit development though. Fill it us asap if there’s a chronic shortage, wouldn’t you?

Interested to hear your thoughts on this miket12.
Petrol stations are not financed by taxpayers.
Why then should taxpayers front for charging stations.
Why not electricity suppliers and ev manufacturers?
Have I missed something here 😕
Asking you particularly because I respect your opinion
Bro whut.

BP NZ was half owned by the NZ govt. Merc, Genesis et all all provided pref pricing to the likes of Refinery NZ which is owned by BP/Mobil/Z.

My brother in Christ, taxpayers been part funding since 1940.

View attachment 4919

Bishops has sought answers from OIA which tells the truth, not any figures KO bandy about for the public to believe.
How can you justify over 700 new houses being vacant, almost 300 for more than 120 days ?
Or is it just because Bishop has raised a very reasonable concern and you don't like him , you will support KO not doing their job.

I don’t see 5% vacancy as extreme. There’s always tenant changing, repairs, redevelopment, etc.

Weird they stager tenants into a 200 unit development though. Fill it us asap if there’s a chronic shortage, wouldn’t you?
For sure - I'm positive they don't sit on their hands when there is a need. I imagine it's a bit of a process to finialise tenancy into a govt owned home.

Bro whut.

BP NZ was half owned by the NZ govt. Merc, Genesis et all all provided pref pricing to the likes of Refinery NZ which is owned by BP/Mobil/Z.

My brother in Christ, taxpayers been part funding since 1940.
Thanks.⛪

Last edited:
Bishops has sought answers from OIA which tells the truth, not any figures KO bandy about for the public to believe.
How can you justify over 700 new houses being vacant, almost 300 for more than 120 days ?
Or is it just because Bishop has raised a very reasonable concern and you don't like him , you will support KO not doing their job.
Bishops a fucking nonce who txts teenage girls. You would be best served to ignore everything that comes out of his mouth.

For sure - I'm positive they don't sit on their hands when there is a need. I imagine it's a bit of a process to finialise tenancy into a govt owned home.
No it isn't. They have 25000 thousand on the waiting list. To get on that list they have all the information they need. KO know well in advance when houses will be complete and ready for tenanting. The contracts between the developers and KO have these key dates as part of the contract, usually with penalties if the developer doesn't hit the date. The tenants identified for properties being built are aware of the situation well in advance.

No it isn't. They have 25000 thousand on the waiting list. To get on that list they have all the information they need. KO know well in advance when houses will be complete and ready for tenanting. The contracts between the developers and KO have these key dates as part of the contract, usually with penalties if the developer doesn't hit the date. The tenants identified for properties being built are aware of the situation well in advance.
Lol whut? You clearly haven't been involved in logistics of this scale. Even moving 25K people as one group in one move is insanely difficult. Piecemeal, as individuals, all controlled by independent variables like tradesmen, inspections, paperwork, is beyond complex.

to add to that, KO should only be building supply to meet demand. So the tenanting process should be almost immediate, once title and CCC are issued

Bishops a fucking nonce who txts teenage girls. You would be best served to ignore everything that comes out of his mouth.
Its an OIA question he has asked and he got the answer. He wasn't charged with being a nonce was he. Maybe he has mental health issues, maybe he is stressed or suffering some sort of PTSD or bipolar. At least he hasn't stolen anything yet that we know of.

to add to that, KO should only be building supply to meet demand. So the tenanting process should be almost immediate, once title and CCC are issued
That always was the situation. CCC has to be issued before tenanting and KO don't pay for anything without CCC, so those units would not be counted as stock until then.

Its an OIA question he has asked and he got the answer. He wasn't charged with being a nonce was he. Maybe he has mental health issues, maybe he is stressed or suffering some sort of PTSD or bipolar. At least he hasn't stolen anything yet that we know of.
Which would you prefer?

Chris Bishop texting your 14yr daughter on the sly? or,
Glor whatshername stealing from your retail store?

You guys are living in a fantasyland if you think you can plan moving families to the exact day, a year or more out.
It is not a year out. Tenants are notified of an approximate date a few months out, then get three weeks notice of when the house or unit will be complete. That three week notice is triggered by the developer in writing. Should they not hit that date, penalties are harsh, so it hardly ever happens.

He's a ghoul for sure. I don't trust him.

Back